We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Can I make this?

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Stan.
George georgeb

Can I make this?

13/12/2019 at 14:24

Hi,

I’m trying to build a dispenser which should look like this:
1m high with a base of 120 mm. I’m currently 3d printing it in multiple parts which will be connected by threaded rods. I was wondering if the individual parts could be made in the compression machine.

Thanks,
George

Attachments:
4 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Can I make this?

warrior
13/12/2019 at 17:47

The central hole for the threaded rod may be a challenge. If you look at some of the furniture making threads, there have been some good results using heat welding for assembly.

Making parts in a press with a form and perhaps a hydraulic shop press should be worth trying.

new
13/12/2019 at 21:10

This should be strong enough to be shipped by courier multiple times so I’m not sure if heat welding would work.
“Making parts in a press with a form and perhaps a hydraulic shop press should be worth trying.” Can you please share more details?

Thanks!

new
13/12/2019 at 21:17

Now that I’m thinking, if the central holes are that difficult to manufacture(I’ve never created a mould before, so I have no idea how difficult it is), I could do the parts without holes and then drill them in.

warrior
13/12/2019 at 22:43

For heat welding, look at some of the work @imuh did http://onearmy.world/community/forums/topic/v4-adhesives/#post-139270  .
Looks like most of you structure is made from angle stock. You could either press directly to that shape or make flat stock and bend it by reheating and press into a mold. You may want to look through some of the threads in the V4 section of the forum, especially the furniture making and joinery.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪