We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Hello Everyone, this is Olivier from Costa Rica

Olivier xxxolivierxxx

Hello Everyone, this is Olivier from Costa Rica

28/04/2016 at 10:41

Hi everyone.
I just started working on this project and I’m planning to build the shredder and extruder. I have almost all I need for the extruder, but the shredder is giving me a hard time for multiple reasons. First, I dont have any tools to cut the metal pieces myself, and there are not many workshops around in Costa Rica that offer laser/water cutting service. Also, I have not been able to print the dwg files. I dont have a plotter so I’m trying to print the laser cutting drawings in standard “letter” paper, but when I try to print them, I just get a blank page out of my printer. If I try to preview the page before printing, I can only see a blank page as well.

Any help will be appreciated 😉

5 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
helper
29/04/2016 at 02:30

Welcome you 2 @xxxolivierxxx

new
02/05/2016 at 21:59

Hi Oliver my name is Carlos and I also live in Costa Rica

hero
06/05/2016 at 19:54

Pura vida 😉

hero
06/05/2016 at 19:58

By the way. I was able to find a laser cutting company in Costa Rica, but they charge almost $500 for cutting all the parts on Inox Steel. I’m now looking for a cheaper alternative in Florida but haven’t had any luck yet.

I also contacted about 10 recycling centers and none of them sell resins (shredded plastic) or pellets, so I’ll have to find a way to shred my own plastic until I can afford to make the shredder. A kitchen blender perhaps?

starter
28/11/2017 at 04:32

Just wondering how it worked out,shreader wise. Still using the blender?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪