We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

HELLO, from Cape Town

Tagged: 

Roelf Daling roelfdaling

HELLO, from Cape Town

27/11/2017 at 12:17

Hi,

I have been following precious plastics for more than a year now, but I only registered today ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m from Cape Town, I have experience in building many things and I make sculptures.

I’m actively involved in Plastic Pollution Research, since my girlfriend works for the Fitzpatrick Institute at the University of Cape-Town, where she does plastic pollution (Macro, Meso and Micro debris) research. We also collect beach plastic at Muizenberg Beach once a month as part of along term data collection and study.

I want to do more, and I want to set-up one of these recycling facilities. I want to use ocean plastic to make art objects and also get the community evolved, helping people to make a living from recycling.

I have good ties with our local Maker Station, where we can build the machines. I can also build some smaller parts in my studio. I\m currently designing all sort of product that will be casted in concrete, these same product can be made from recycled plastic.

The beach pollution is on a speedy increase and we need to change peoples minds around plastic consumption. They are busy looking at consumer behavior at some local supermarkets. I know there are a lot of people in Cape Town that wants to get involved.

We need to fund this recycle facility somehow. I will start to work on proposal to apply for funding. Please contact me if you are also interested in helping. You can also contact me if you have spare parts like motors, a piece of land for the facility, a spare container or anything you think that will help. Lets do this together.

Hi to all Precious Plastic Community members! Thanks so much to Dave for all the work and this platform.

0 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Recent Replies

• Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing ๐Ÿ’ช