We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Logo for the website, store and phone startup

This topic contains 38 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  brian newton 2 years ago.

zachmcd09 zachmcd09

Logo for the website, store and phone startup

13/05/2014 at 20:53

This is my idea for the startup logo on the phone tell me what you think

38 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
19/05/2014 at 23:29

I have been a graphic design for 6 years now and designed this logo, it would be nice if i could get some feedback on it

20/05/2014 at 09:11

zachmcd09 wrote: This is my idea for the startup logo on the phone tell me what you think Needs a different letter font, there is a thread for logo design. I like the letter ‘B’ however it doesn’t match the corporate brand.________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________264DaveHakkens wrote: I have been a graphic design for 6 years now and designed this logo, it would be nice if i could get some feedback on it Studying Graphic design myself too, the Letterspacing (tracking) is way to small, also the letter font doesn’t match the corporate brand in my opinion. The illustration on the left doesn’t seem to add anything to the design itself which makes it unnecessary. Perhaps elaborate more about your logo.

20/05/2014 at 11:31

264DaveHakkens wrote: I have been a graphic design for 6 years now and designed this logo, it would be nice if i could get some feedback on it i am really liking this design, it does look abit like microsofts logo so i dont know if that will be any trouble

20/05/2014 at 17:12

Tibor_Brink wrote: Needs a different letter font, there is a thread for logo design. I like the letter ‘B’ however it doesn’t match the corporate brand.________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Studying Graphic design myself too, the Letterspacing (tracking) is way to small, also the letter font doesn’t match the corporate brand in my opinion. The illustration on the left doesn’t seem to add anything to the design itself which makes it unnecessary. Perhaps elaborate more about your logo.Thank you for the quick feedback. the type is a bold bloks font giving a relation to the name and the icon to the left i can now see the resemblance to windows now so that will have to go but the idea behind the icon was a cube that had detectable blocks on it.

26/05/2014 at 22:48

264DaveHakkens wrote: I have been a graphic design for 6 years now and designed this logo, it would be nice if i could get some feedback on it In my opnion what sums me up phonebloks is everythin that looks rectilinear, and not so curved. When i think about phonebloks It brings to my mind images of things rectangular-shaped so… I dont really like the image on the left, I would agree with anything which looks more than a rectagle or cube, or polygon like that.If I wrote anything not enough clear, just ask me and Ill try to explane It, eventhoug my grammar is not that good.Good luck with the logo!

starter
27/05/2014 at 00:31

I dont have any experience in design but phonebloks idea is to be a simple phone that even being simple is going to be strong on software and hardwareso my idea was two pieces of puzzle getting together with some kind of shine behind it”apple” is just an apple right?

27/05/2014 at 00:59

so i have redesigned the logo based off what people have said and this is what is have come up with, opinions please?

27/05/2014 at 01:14

264DaveHakkens wrote: so i have redesigned the logo based off what people have said and this is what is have come up with, opinions please? Great work, I like It, but I still prefer the original one. Maybe because It’s the one that I’ve beeing seen since the very begining :/

27/05/2014 at 01:52

0x00a368 wrote: I like the designs overall, but I think that the logo should be language-agnostic, meaning that there should be a single, simple, memorable image that doesn’t use text in a particular language.Someone had this idea before me, I don’t remember where that post is. If someone finds the post, please post a link to it. Like the apple of “Apple” comented before? (Or the blue bird of twitter)

27/05/2014 at 02:03

yes but most companies started off with a image and text based logo and them two perfect examples started off the same way

29/05/2014 at 00:23

0x00a368 wrote: Not quite http://www.edibleapple.com/2009/04/20/the-evolution-and-history-of-the-apple-logo/and not at all http://famouslogos.net/twitter-logo/The Apple logo incorporated text, but it still had a distinctive image in the centre. ohh well thank you i did not know this will help in the future

29/05/2014 at 10:55

0x00a368 wrote: Yes. Both of these logos are perfect examples.When you see the white apple with a bite taken out of it, you immediately think “Hey, that’s Apple!” The same thing goes for the blue bird, you immediately think “Hey, that’s Twitter!” Imagine if Apple’s logo was the Russian word for Apple. If you aren’t Russian, you won’t be able to recognize the brand without translating the text. Phonebloks is to young for a logo without any text. I would recommend that they start of with a logo that includes their name, or just a logo that is only their name._______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________264DaveHakkens wrote: so i have redesigned the logo based off what people have said and this is what is have come up with, opinions please? I like this idea, it’s clean and simple. not to much ‘fireworks’ around it, I like the 3rd one from above the most.

starter
29/05/2014 at 15:35

264DaveHakkens wrote: so i have redesigned the logo based off what people have said and this is what is have come up with, opinions please? I like all of themthey are the best that i have ever seen

29/05/2014 at 19:53

264DaveHakkens wrote: so i have redesigned the logo based off what people have said and this is what is have come up with, opinions please? I really like first of four designs.

23/06/2014 at 21:18

Вот это мой вариант, есть много других вариаций, ноя не в состоянии воплотить все, оставьте коментарий пожайлуста, чтобы я сделал как вам нравитьсяTranslation Here is my version, there are many other variations on Nov unable to realize all leave comment please: me to do as you like!

24/06/2014 at 06:08

wow, this one looks great 😀

29/06/2014 at 16:26

Gen, it reminds me about Beats Electronics logo. But it looks good. I think, it must be something more like second variant from the top, but more unique. I’ll try to make something later

30/06/2014 at 12:17

zachmcd09 wrote: This is my idea for the startup logo on the phone tell me what you think the problem with your logo is that although its an incredible design, it doesnt suit the theme of phonebloks

01/07/2014 at 07:08

What about associating the current typeface to building blocks.In the end that’s the essence of the phone.The current design is memorable,dynamic and in motion why would we change that to just be one of the crowd when the product clearly isn’t.

02/07/2014 at 04:06

If we are using electromagnets to hold the blocks together could the start up screen have the letters of phonebloks coming together from all sides and getting stuck in place.As if those letters are being guided by a magnet from under the screen?

02/07/2014 at 07:08

Вот еще

03/07/2014 at 12:34

I have few ideas to share.. Made it in MS Paint) Resolution is not high it’s just a concept

03/07/2014 at 13:22

2aquanins wrote: I have few ideas to share.. Made it in MS Paint) Resolution is not high it’s just a concept i like the first one (on the left), if it were silver and made with an airbrush with an added shadow it could be really good

03/07/2014 at 23:51

People looking at the logo will say that it looks like a logo Beats Electronics more people nashumyat about Phoneblocks. This will be advertising, the company will know everything!

05/07/2014 at 22:33

my design for phonebloks >>

06/07/2014 at 14:29

Gen wrote: People looking at the logo will say that it looks like a logo Beats Electronics more people nashumyat about Phoneblocks. This will be advertising, the company will know everything! but the word phonebloks doesnt suit the image, blok, as in square and yet that image is circular, try make it a square somehow(i know that sounded cheesey)

10/07/2014 at 10:33

Few other variants/ideas about logo(Font can be different it’s just an example)

10/07/2014 at 10:45

I would upload my logo if I didn’t use it myself already 🙂

10/07/2014 at 13:11

2aquanins wrote: Few other variants/ideas about logo(Font can be different it’s just an example) not mad on the second one, the first ones okay i guess…

13/07/2014 at 09:12

Perfect circle shape. Two angles which show the phone. There poslovitsya “as a ship call so it will float.” This suggests that the logo will reflect the company’s success.

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪