We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Logo

This topic contains 278 replies, has 84 voices, and was last updated by  jake corbyn 2 years ago.

Anonymous

Logo

09/12/2013 at 15:13

Hello Phonebloks community! I’m very VERY interested in Phonebloks and i’m searching for a lot ideas for software/hardware.But look i have a little remark: Don’t we need a logo for the Phonebloks company? Because your phone that you are designing would be very big if you want to add on your back of your phone.I hope this was a useful remark. 🙂

278 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Logo

12/12/2013 at 13:40

The initials or name as a logo is not a bad idea, but is always better some image. Easy to remember it. I think that a logo is as important as other thing in marketing.

12/12/2013 at 16:41

higualin wrote: The initials or name as a logo is not a bad idea, but is always better some image. Easy to remember it. I think that a logo is as important as other thing in marketing. What kind of logo do we want? What themes? Lets try to create something.

12/12/2013 at 18:59

Hey there i’ve try to make some logos and now i have two what are you say?

12/12/2013 at 22:46

Hay guys what I would like to say the main idea of the phoneblocks was and is now to make a phone for everyone that will last and also to make all mobile companies work together so there would be no visible place to place the logo because phoneblock wil contain different blocks from different companies.So i think that the logo is the whole phone itself and i dint think that just by seeing the design you will guess that THIS IS PHONEBLOCK!!!!!

new
13/12/2013 at 12:57

Irakli111 wrote: Hay guys what I would like to say the main idea of the phoneblocks was and is now to make a phone for everyone that will last and also to make all mobile companies work together so there would be no visible place to place the logo because phoneblock wil contain different blocks from different companies.So i think that the logo is the whole phone itself and i dint think that just by seeing the design you will guess that THIS IS PHONEBLOCK!!!!! I agree – the phone doesn’t need a logo on it. It would be easily recognisable.

new
15/12/2013 at 20:02

@moez The blue block doesn’t look that bad at all, i do really like it, if you have any more ideas about logo post it please x)

17/12/2013 at 07:26

We need a logo even though we are uniting the company’s cause I don’t think we want an image of all of the company’s logos. Maybe the company’s can all agree on one logo

17/12/2013 at 16:00

Right, so why don’t we start brainstorming about our logo. Even if we don’t end up needing a logo, making one is probably a good exercise.

new
17/12/2013 at 19:18

Well if you are designer, you should try to make something too! Later we will chose the best one!

19/12/2013 at 22:45

MoeZ wrote: Hey there i’ve try to make some logos and now i have two what are you say? Looks great! Just a tip: with the orange one, why not put the “Phone Blocks” on the blank rectangle on the side?

new
22/12/2013 at 14:18

I think a simple logo of color blocks of different shapes that fit together proportionally would work. You don’t want to use any letters because it will be international and some countries use different alphabets. Everyone seesNike swash and knows immediately that is it Nike. Everyone sees the Apple logo and knows it is Apple. So Photoblocks should have some distinctive colors made up of blocks forming one block. Keep it simple. Not too many blocks. Instantly recognizable the world over.

new
22/12/2013 at 14:20

5jbalsammy5845 wrote: I think a simple logo of color blocks of different shapes that fit together proportionally would work. You don’t want to use any letters because it will be international and some countries use different alphabets. Everyone seesNike swash and knows immediately that is it Nike. Everyone sees the Apple logo and knows it is Apple. So Photoblocks should have some distinctive colors made up of blocks forming one block. Keep it simple. Not too many blocks. Instantly recognizable the world over. Yes, exactly, i am hoping the best, thereare really cool designs out there, so i hope that we will get some more,so we canchoose the best one!BestNikola

new
22/12/2013 at 14:23

I’m a Graphic Designer and have been a professor teaching Graphic Design at UMass/Lowell and Web Design at Boston University. when I teach I do an entire class on logo design and what works and what doesn’t work. If I have some time today I’ll try to throw together a possible logo. Simple is best. Instantly Recognizable.

new
22/12/2013 at 14:33

No, you want just one logo for the company identity. If you have different OSes with different logos then it doesn’t become instantly recognizable. Nike’s logo started out with the word Nike underneath it. Once it became recognizable and Nike all over the world they dropped the wording under it. Shell Oil did the same thing. Initially their Clamshell logo had the words Shell Oil, then Shell, and now just a Clamshell design that everyone knows is Shell. Apple tried to have a separate logo for their Newton Platform (a Lightbulb signifying a bright idea). It failed. Many people had no idea the Newton (Newton’s Apple) was part of Apple. All their products sport an Apple with a bite out of it, no matter what platform. So, people can look at something see the Apple Logo and know it comes from Apple.

new
22/12/2013 at 15:06

What about something like the attached for a logo? It uses Black, Primary Colors (Red, Green, Blue), and Complementary Colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow). Because of this the color of the logo can be easily controlled and printed on the web or traditional printing. Color is important. Marlboro cigarettes has their Marlboro read and they make certain all their advertising uses it. Coca Cola has Coca Cola red. Other companies make certain their colors are the same in all media.This is something I threw together quickly an am interested in comments. I think it fulfills what a logo needs to do. Hopefully, people seeing it and will immediately think of a photobloks phone.

new
22/12/2013 at 15:06

Click on the logo to enlarge it, since part of the top and bottom are cut off in the preview.

new
22/12/2013 at 15:52

5jbalsammy5845 wrote: What about something like the attached for a logo? It uses Black, Primary Colors (Red, Green, Blue), and Complementary Colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow). Because of this the color of the logo can be easily controlled and printed on the web or traditional printing. Color is important. Marlboro cigarettes has their Marlboro read and they make certain all their advertising uses it. Coca Cola has Coca Cola red. Other companies make certain their colors are the same in all media.This is something I threw together quickly an am interested in comments. I think it fulfills what a logo needs to do. Hopefully, people seeing it and will immediately think of a photobloks phone. Sorry was not here, this is not looking bad! Try to make it just a little bit more perfect.BestNikola

new
22/12/2013 at 16:03

I know, I did it quickly in photoshop and there seems to be a line around the red. I’ll correct that. What would you suggest to make it a little more perfect?

new
22/12/2013 at 16:04

I’ll redo it in Illustrator so it is vector-based instead of pixel-based. It will be sharper and that odd black line around the red will go away.

new
22/12/2013 at 16:08

5jbalsammy5845 wrote: I’ll redo it in Illustrator so it is vector-based instead of pixel-based. It will be sharper and that odd black line around the red will go away. Okay man, keep us updated!ThanksNikola

22/12/2013 at 22:20

hi i think a logo is an important point. Yea it’s right phoneblocks is so different to all other phones BUT it should be recognizable. And all people in this world connect things with feelings and these are reflected in logos again. The logo must not be on a block, it is sufficient if it appears when you turn-ons the phone

23/12/2013 at 03:57

I would like to suggest this as the logo, as it fits in with the name phonebloks:)

23/12/2013 at 03:58

Maybe it can be on one of the tiny blocks like the wifi ,Bluetooth etc,

23/12/2013 at 03:59

Maybe we can attach the logo to a unique blok made only for phonebloks, but one problem, what should that blok be?

23/12/2013 at 04:01

Maybe u can install a software into that blok shich helps u to scan items through ur cera and tells u what material it is?

23/12/2013 at 12:13

Nick_ wrote: I would like to suggest this as the logo, as it fits in with the name phonebloks:) hi man i had that idea befor ^^ MoeZ wrote: Hey there i’ve try to make some logos and now i have two what are you say?

23/12/2013 at 13:13

I think the cube one is nice like similar to mine

23/12/2013 at 13:16

But maybe not blue maybe grey and white? The phoneblok colours!:) thx for the idea maybe we can exchange our ideas and thoughts here I would like to here from u soon!:)-all the bestNick

24/12/2013 at 10:21

Hey hi MoeZ! I’ll like to show you my new logo idea:

26/12/2013 at 05:46

I made these at some programms here. I would make in Photoshop CS6 but my license expired =[

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 278 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪