We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Logo

This topic contains 278 replies, has 84 voices, and was last updated by  jake corbyn 2 years ago.

Anonymous

Logo

09/12/2013 at 15:13

Hello Phonebloks community! I’m very VERY interested in Phonebloks and i’m searching for a lot ideas for software/hardware.But look i have a little remark: Don’t we need a logo for the Phonebloks company? Because your phone that you are designing would be very big if you want to add on your back of your phone.I hope this was a useful remark. 🙂

278 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Logo

01/04/2014 at 22:27

Here are a few logos I came up with. What I like about these ideas is how each one can change and vary whether it be customized by the client or company. For instance the blok colour in the logo can change or even havea decal/pattern applied. By doing this the logo never hasa static view it always has room for development and change. At time it can be solid colors at other times it could be a sketched outline etcI feel they are different as other logos I have seen are simply letters and do not incorporate the product fully. Some may say that logos should be simple but I argue there is a fine line between simplicity and bland.I must confess the last one does look a tad complex when completed but I feel the top two are the strongest

starter
02/04/2014 at 04:38

Im not the best at drawing. but I think the design needs to be kept simple 🙂

02/04/2014 at 15:07

JoelSherrard wrote: Im not the best at drawing. but I think the design needs to be kept simple 🙂 definitely needs to be plain and simple, i think maybe try use a more metallic colour and fade part of the cube (i.e the bottom) overall the design is a nice idea and can be developed into an excellent logo

02/04/2014 at 16:54

0x00a368 wrote: Saify, I like the way it is modifiable easily, after purchase. Thanks but I noticed everyone is talking about simple and I understand that but it also has to be excitable and unique. As I said there is a fine line between simple and bland. And if we’re to be a simple design I would prefer a shape over letters.

new
02/04/2014 at 20:56

saify02 wrote: Here are a few logos I came up with. What I like about these ideas is how each one can change and vary whether it be customized by the client or company. For instance the blok colour in the logo can change or even havea decal/pattern applied. By doing this the logo never hasa static view it always has room for development and change. At time it can be solid colors at other times it could be a sketched outline etcI feel they are different as other logos I have seen are simply letters and do not incorporate the product fully. Some may say that logos should be simple but I argue there is a fine line between simplicity and bland.I must confess the last one does look a tad complex when completed but I feel the top two are the strongest This is looking really good Saif! Loving this skretch, will save it, maybe later we can use something from it :)I do really like your activity and thinking on forum, will talk with Dave about you, maybe there will be some rank ups for you! Thanks!Team PhonebloksNikola

02/04/2014 at 21:56

Nikola wrote: This is looking really good Saif! Loving this skretch, will save it, maybe later we can use something from it :)I do really like your activity and thinking on forum, will talk with Dave about you, maybe there will be some rank ups for you! Thanks!Team PhonebloksNikola Thanks a lot Nikola 🙂

starter
03/04/2014 at 02:38

thanks for the advice nammyxo 🙂

starter
03/04/2014 at 02:39

its a team effort to design the best logo! that’s for sure SariusBernan

03/04/2014 at 10:31

JoelSherrard wrote: its a team effort to design the best logo! that’s for sure SariusBernan i dont see wheres the team effort in each person designing his own logo, and picking out the most suitable one…

03/04/2014 at 11:54

I think there should be a cover on the back of the phone if you want to implement a logo on the phone, covers can be build around it then, having the PhoneBloks logo on each block is a bit of a overkill if you ask me.

05/04/2014 at 18:50

hey all. if we look at branding this brand, we might want to think about its name first. nowadays there are a lot of fanatasy names around. i must say that they’re not always very clear or easy to remember, but they do tease our emotions. if we look at PhoneBloks, i think of kiddies toys with which one can make a toy phone… it might be the essential of this whole initiative, but it doesn’t sound very pro nor aspirational (e.g. “Yeah man, i updated my PhoneBloks phone?”). without losing the name completely, i abbreviated it into PBX (e.g. “Hey dude, did you see my latest PBX update?”)… and created a logo. the neat thing here is that the same symbol can even be used for ARA – if ever they use that name. in the end, we’ll look at not even having the names written with them – now thats cool and aspirational. feedback anybody? or is it FBck?

05/04/2014 at 18:56

ooops, forgot to mention that there is a hidden ‘eternal’-symbol in it… a flat 8 let’s say :). greets !

05/04/2014 at 19:39

Intertwined p, b and x… the ARA logo keeps the roots as a salute to its origins.

12/04/2014 at 04:18

1simonaquitania wrote: He guys! How about this one? Looks not bad, not bad! Work on it

starter
12/04/2014 at 04:36

Cool design brandious 🙂

14/04/2014 at 09:38

We need to create a creative logo

starter
14/04/2014 at 09:45

brandious wrote: hey all. if we look at branding this brand, we might want to think about its name first. nowadays there are a lot of fanatasy names around. i must say that they’re not always very clear or easy to remember, but they do tease our emotions. if we look at PhoneBloks, i think of kiddies toys with which one can make a toy phone… it might be the essential of this whole initiative, but it doesn’t sound very pro nor aspirational (e.g. “Yeah man, i updated my PhoneBloks phone?”). without losing the name completely, i abbreviated it into PBX (e.g. “Hey dude, did you see my latest PBX update?”)… and created a logo. the neat thing here is that the same symbol can even be used for ARA – if ever they use that name. in the end, we’ll look at not even having the names written with them – now thats cool and aspirational. feedback anybody? or is it FBck? Insist on Hexagon 😀

starter
14/04/2014 at 09:49

i agree Abdulrahman !

14/04/2014 at 11:32

JoelSherrard wrote: i agree Abdulrahman ! I thought that and I was arguing with everyone who says keep it simple but once I saw a simple logo for It I fell in love with it. I’m sorry I have to disagree I get that when people say something creative it has to be crazy and unusual but you have the definition of creative all twisted every idea someone has posted is creative and its rather insulting to say that. I know you didn’t intend to mean it in such a way I was just pointing that out because I think it could be rather disheartening for someone who has posted their idea for someone to go and say its not creative or creative enough.I’ve seen many great logos so far.

14/04/2014 at 16:21

To key to a good logo is simplicity, the ones that stand out are the ones that you can simply draw within a minute.Simple, clean, strong.

22/04/2014 at 17:02

Like it?? What do you think?? It is simple, direct and complete. That´s whats Phonebloks is aboutApologies for the not perfect lines.

02/05/2014 at 11:03

how about keep it how it is, the name and the logo… just put a simple border around it..? and maybe make the background grey?

02/05/2014 at 11:04

slogan*brendan_kershaw wrote: how about keep it how it is, the name and the logo… just put a simple border around it..? and maybe make the background grey?]

new
14/05/2014 at 10:50

Hello guys! how about this? i made it myself. it looks like a block but it’s also looks like a leaf to make it looks like it’s environmentally friendly.

14/05/2014 at 11:17

WilsonThio wrote: Hello guys! how about this? i made it myself. it looks like a block but it’s also looks like a leaf to make it looks like it’s environmentally friendly. I like it a lot! What about some colors? Maybe also a different font. I’m at work now.. But will try to work on your design later today if that’s okay for you!

new
14/05/2014 at 16:20

Armandodelv wrote: I like it a lot! What about some colors? Maybe also a different font. I’m at work now.. But will try to work on your design later today if that’s okay for you! Thanks! It’s up to you man! I’m using the original Phonebloks logo/font. I also love designing minimalist and simple stuffs.

14/05/2014 at 19:25

WilsonThio wrote: Hello guys! how about this? i made it myself. it looks like a block but it’s also looks like a leaf to make it looks like it’s environmentally friendly. its excellent, also try imply different colours to it like white, black, blue red and green

new
15/05/2014 at 08:42

nammyxo wrote: its excellent, also try imply different colours to it like white, black, blue red and green Thanks Nammy (is that your real name?)! I’m working for another colors. I hope they use my design. :-)- Wilson Thio

new
15/05/2014 at 16:52

Here is my redesigned logos. I made them in 4 different colors, black, blue, green, and red. Just like what nammyxo requested.I hope you like them all.Sorry for my bad english :-)- Wilson Thio

17/05/2014 at 06:24

how about the ‘eco friendly’ green used in the environmentally friendly logos, as it is a known shade for environmentally friendly items and isnt too flashy without making it dull?

Viewing 30 replies - 241 through 270 (of 278 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪