We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Share knowladge for architecture project,please!:)

Tagged: 

Anastasia anastasia

Share knowladge for architecture project,please!:)

05/05/2017 at 19:16

Hello everyone!
My name is Anastasia, I am architecture Master student in Vienna, Austria. Just came from India, I am working on a project in Ahmedabad and problem of trash, plastic and recycling is very important there. The idea is to create a working space combined with educational function in form of workshops for local people; and make the world little bit cleaner:)

Maybe you can share information with me:
1. How much space is needable to organise comfortable wotking place with all the machines?
2. How many people can work at once there?
3. What equipment do you need except machines, what materials except plastics?
4. How much time do you need to produce one peace of something?
5. Does process make a lot of noise/bad air/…? Should it be isolated/extra ventilated?
6. Do you need spacial safety things?

If you have another usefull information, I will be very thankfull!

With best regards,
Anastasia

Attachments:
3 replies
3 subscribers
1 saved
2 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
11/05/2017 at 10:27

Hi Anastasia,
The project you´re working on sounds super cool!

Let´s see if I can answer your questions,

1. How much space is needed to organize comfortable working place with all the machines?

We would say 50 square meters then you can set up a nice place where you can sort, shred and make plastics.

2. How many people can work at once there?

depends on your workflow, we would say 4 to 5 if you have a constant supply of plastic.

3. What equipment do you need except machines, what materials except plastics?

maybe some big bags for sorting the different sorts of plastic, a basic toolkit (drill, hammer, screwdrivers), some tools for finishing the products, sandpaper and some knives.

4. How much time do you need to produce one piece of something?

really depends on the product your making and on your workflow, you can make 1 product a hour (sort, shred, inject, finish). but if you work in batches you can make a lot more

5. Does process make a lot of noise/bad air/…? Should it be isolated/extra ventilated?

noise levels are quite oke, when you are making products with the injection, compression and extrusion make sure the place is well ventilated cause it can release some smoke

6. Do you need special safety things?

maybe some safety glasses for the shredder and a mouth cap and gloves for the injection, compression and extrusion.

I hope this answers your questions.
Greetings from Jerry at Precious Plastic HQ

starter
29/06/2018 at 12:38

All information is absolutely correct. You can easily follow this.

starter
08/07/2018 at 01:35

@Anastasia
Hello there. If you have large quantities of plastic that you need to store I have a couple of recommendations. Oil drums (55 gallon) or larger could Be labeled with the plastic type.  Spray paint or any type of paint can be used to mark the barrels. Also, chain-link fence or chicken wire can be nailed onto scrap wood to create a rough cage structure.  All of these items can generally be found anywhere in the world.  They may be crude, but they are effective. Best regards your efforts. 

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪