We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Starting A Plastic Business

Tagged: ,

Max Bateman maxb

Starting A Plastic Business

24/06/2016 at 23:19

Hi

My name is Max Bateman. I live and study in the England in a town called Ferndown, Dorset. Like many of you i love watching these videos from Dave and attempted to construct a machine. In my mind i was really excited that i could make money from of all things bottles of plastic that people just throw out. Then, actually make money from it.

But after researching this for a while i found it wouldn’t pay off in the long term on such a small scale. I found you would need alot of plastic to make it worth money. So after much research I’ve started a recycling project. I want to open a recycling store where people are able to come and sell there recycling (Plastic bottles, cans, glass etc). This would allow people to make money from plastic.

The store would be operated by reverse vending machines that have been built to collect recycling and give a reward back. For full details check out my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheRecyclingStoreBusiness/

Its taken alot of research and planning. I have only just launched the Facebook page. I plan to start a kickstarter campaign September 1st 2016.

This is a odd project and it’s not easy getting this idea out there. Please show your support by liking the page so i can get this idea out there and funded so that i can start making a difference.

Thank you for your time

9 replies
1 subscribers
1 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
starter
26/06/2016 at 10:20

Hi Max, it’s good that starting a plastic business would be your start. But comparing it in my area, in order to start a business, you need to comply with business laws such as getting a permit, sanitation permit and so on. You also need to have a spacious area to put up this kind of business.

Mine is different, I want to start like what Dave shared to us. But the only thing is, I don’t know how to make those machines. I am a volunteer in my area and I see a lot of plastic trash scattered almost in every corner. And I wanted to make a difference out of it. I started actually in 2013 but just in simply doing crafts out of plastics. I trained and make demonstrations to some women on how to make use of used trashbags. This time I wanted to make it big. By making sculptures made out of plastics to decorate my community.

I just hope that this site will help me achieve my dream. We are all agents of change. And in our little ways using our creative mind and hands, truly we can make a difference to this world we live in.

Regards,
Lea

starter
26/06/2016 at 21:00

Hi Lea

I think it’s amazing what your doing. Not being able to make these machines is a shame but you’ve really shown that you don’t need to have one to make a difference. I would love to try and help you in anyway possible.

I’ve spent a few months doing research into making the Recycling Store work. I’ve started my campaign on social media before i launch a Kickstater one. It would be great if you could send me some pictures of your work so i could share what you have created? Hopefully this will get the word out about the incredible work your doing.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]

Regards

Max Bateman

helper
27/06/2016 at 09:11

@angelea
I hope you can find someone in your area who can help you to build machines
maybe someone to cooperate with?

It would be nice to get feedback from people like you. I think we could use some insight in what kind of obstacles are in the way.

Would you also need a permit to clean up the neighborhood?
I mean why make it a business? Why not start as some kind of cleaning service that focuses on plastic? Then you are not a plastic company, but someone who cleans up platic. That might save you a few bureaucratic headaches.
First get started,and once it turns into a business then slowly weak the paper stuff.

I guess the bureaucracy would not mind to see a cleaner neighborhood? Once it is clean then the bureaucrats sure will show up and want to claim how ‘they’ cleaned it all up.

@maxb

Wouldn’t it make more sense to first get started on your own?

starter
27/06/2016 at 21:35

@helper

Hi

Prior to starting this project i recycled for money. I found it was really hard to do so on a small scale. This is why i got a team of people together to assist in making this project come to life.

I collected scrap metal and other forms of recycling to sell but found it very hard. This is why now i would like to take it to the next stage.

Thanks
Max

starter
10/10/2016 at 14:43

@maxb,

I was thinking same thing, starting a workshop in Malaysia, let me know once your campaign is up.

starter
10/10/2016 at 14:47

Hi everyone. My project has been up and running for a while. Feel free to check it out! http://therecyclingstore.org/

@dannyg

starter
17/10/2016 at 15:15

Hello Max, you have a fantastic idea and website too! – I am in Southbourne, Dorset and have been planning a very similar business for a while too. I’m going to India for 5 months in November where I am planning to involve some locals to help me get a small recycling project running with Dave’s machine/s.
When I’m back in the UK I’m planning on involving any members of the local community, mainly to provide people-power! I am also linking another couple of projects so the stronger projects can support the smaller ones, and they also complement each other; especially as these projects are my soul-purpose 🙂
Would be great if we could meet up for a chat to see how we can help each other; I have transport so I can come to you?
Best wishes and luck to you and everyone else. Together we can make a bigger difference!
Regards, Paul

new
01/05/2018 at 12:19

That is a good and innovative business to start, hopefully your idea can be earth-friendly in which your materials are recyclable and made of biodegradable. By the way, for this kind of business, you certainly need a business name or a branding firm that could help you give your business the right and competitive name. Check this one http://eatmywords.com/ for some possible names to use.

starter
24/09/2018 at 14:17

I’m also in Dorset (Blandford Forum) I work with composites principally in the Kit Car world and I’m constantly working in 3D working with CAD and 3D printers. I have my own workshop and would like to do something towards balancing up the plastics I use and make with recycling. I’m pretty good at recycling on the car front and like to encourage more people to recycle rather than buying unnecessary new items.

New to this website at the moment but hope to get involved properly once I’ve found my way around.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪