We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

[USA]Company Making Shredder parts updated Oct2019

Andre A. dreek00

[USA]Company Making Shredder parts updated Oct2019

18/01/2017 at 05:43

Hello guys!

The company that is working with me to get the shredder parts is called “BBC Steel” and they are located in Oregon.

New Prices as of Oct 2019: ( so far the lowest in USA)
– 1 set $425.00
– 2-5 sets 300.00ea
– 6-10 sets $285.00set
– Shafts are still currently at $38.00 but could raise.
– Bearings $17.50ea.
****Shipping is not included – You will have to pay for shipping****

Important: This modifications were necessary for most accessible parts also to keep the prices low.

Blades were modified to fit the 1″ shaft (this set will fit perfect if you buy their shaft and bearings)

Shaft is 1″ with ends machined to 3/4
Bearings are 3/4

Contact for BBC Steel: Randy [email protected]

You can email Randy Including your name and state you would like to order the shredder parts, keep in mind the prices may be going up due to the material going up in price. BBCSTEEL is one of the few companies that is wiling to work at small scale (one set at the time) Not all companies are willing to work this way since we can’t order in bulk (100s at the time)

Again, We can not afford to lose this company so email with discretion and be polite, this would be ideal for people who require receipts and invoices (If for business, School districts, Non Profit)

Any question don’t hesitate to message me.
Thanks,
Andre

I invite everyone to join “Precious Plastic USA” group on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/groups/293443417731185/

***If you have a better option of better deal please let us know as we always look for better ways to bring cheaper and more accessible options for the community****

133 replies
7 subscribers
6 saved
3 likes
sort on most likes
dedicated
05/06/2018 at 14:00

Updated as June 2018

dedicated
06/07/2018 at 17:06

Updated Again July 2018

dedicated
07/09/2018 at 00:06

Updated September

dedicated
11/12/2018 at 15:01

Updated DEC 2018

starter
19/04/2019 at 04:45

Hate to bump an old thread, but I’d just like to say I’m glad I found it.  I’ve spent all week trying to get quotes and it’s discouraging.  Closest I got so far was eMachineShop which has tried to work with me but has a quoting system which requires you to use their inconvenient online submission form.  Currently sitting on a $250 quote for the 3MM parts.  Waiting on the rest.  Also their system allows you to request metric but converts your request to imperial, which makes me wonder if I should start over with the community conversions.  Hate to stop now when the nice lady’s been working with me these last few days.  Also waiting on a quote from Alabama.
Here’s hoping for the best.

starter
23/04/2019 at 00:33

– 1 set: $400.00

– 2 to 9 sets: $275.00 per set, (really good price)

Just got my quotes back from this company and the current price as of April 2019:
– 1 set $450.00
– 2 sets $350 per set
Darn.
Plus shipping, of course.

starter
24/04/2019 at 17:14

Hey Everyone,

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I’m a tech ed teacher, who’s a novice when it comes to machine building. We decided to build these machines for our materials processing class.

Any chance someone would be willing to chat with me? I received funding to order these parts and need to spend the money ASAP. McMaster Carr is a verified vendor of which I’m attempting to acquire a quote but am nervous of what I should order because of the lack of my experience.

Does any have a quote or could tell me what I need to ask for so that I have the necessary materials to start constructing the shredder and extruder?

dedicated
24/04/2019 at 23:00

msnmck  I’m sorry I’ve been so busy at work, I will contact Randy and update the price list also I will add another option and a good builder that sells already made shredders.

dedicated
24/04/2019 at 23:03

mrwashington send me a message I can give you some advice

dedicated
25/04/2019 at 20:33

Here is the email from Randy

Attachments:
starter
27/04/2019 at 07:09

Currently waiting for the design update that @pporg mentioned in my quotation thread before I consider placing an order.  Not so much “waiting” as “unable to commit to ordering right now anyway.”
BBC Steel is significantly cheaper than the prices I was quoted by other companies, so I still appreciate your recommendation.  For the current design it looks like the Bazar might have some pre-built ones for even cheaper if you can catch them in-stock, though.

27/04/2019 at 13:18

@msnmck, sorry, we’re little late this week. we post the link to shredder issues/ hacks and buying guides as well bazar reviews later next week here. for now, the only reasonable value & price ratio i can see here and here (this one is using single phase, not good).

dedicated
28/09/2019 at 18:47

@msnmck Keep us posted

Viewing 13 replies - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪