Samuel Engsberg replied to the topic What can be done with Soft PVC fr cable insulation in the forum Research about plastic 2 hours, 59 minutes ago
Not to discourage too much, but PVC is a tough plastic to work with. It recycles great, but you get HCl byproduct from reheating it that can seriously ruin equipment if it isn’t made of resistant material. Having wires in is probably even tougher if you’re extruding things.
My best suggestion is to separate the wires before grinding. Any extruding…[Read more]
Chemical additives are a great way to improve the quality of your material, especially if you want to be a bit more consistent about what you make. Poke around at books such as Additives in Plastics Handbook.
I’m more interested in how you plan to add them, do you have any PP equipment made up? Any plans to modify it to feed additional additives?
In my town, we have what’s called a Makerspace. They have been slowly getting more popular since early 2000’s, but the one in my town is filled with any sort of metalworking, woodworking, welding, and fabrication type thing you could imagine. It is mostly volunteer based and is a large community effort to have running as well as it does.
- Load More
🤖 Community info
- What can be done with Soft PVC fr cable insulation
- Chemical additives for recycled plastics!
- Want to build a machine but don't have the tools?
- Youtube cherries for makers
- Problems with extruding PP beams – Help needed
- Files for Machine Building
- Laws / regulations in United States
- Rủi ro khi kinh doanh tiệm rửa xe
- A Ready Recycle Machine is needed
- Business Calculator Feedback Needed!
Most likes given last month
Overall most points
💰 Latest donations
Can't recover from access failure Array ( [error] => invalid_client )