We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Precious Plastic Version 4? 😮

new
01/02/2018 at 21:12

I think we need v3.1 before 4 because rapid prototyping is better than yearly releases

public bench seems like perfect awareness tool being a blend of function and showing the possibilities with recycled plastic

I am not a 3d modeler but think to have a wiki open source machine development could help people use information well and contribute. Open source ecology is trying to fill out its machine line up and has used wiki model with a global volunteer dev team. Using their power cube think a hydraulic press could produce wide range of products

like a 3d printer should be able to print another 3d printer, a plastic workshop should be able to make another plastic workshop. I think possibility of making a workshop entirely out of recycled plastic would be ideal (obviously need some metal for machines but could limit inputs needed)

I think we need to look at more cradle to cradle ideas and partner with organizations like living building challenge who has a red list of hazardous materials in the building industry, for example by getting rid of flame retardant plastic could help eliminate a large percentage of plastic avoid the landfill.

Big picture a global plastic coalition could be very meaningful, I personally believe corporations will need to be forced by governments to account for environmental cost. Locally I think we need to move pick up locations closer to existing retail just like grocery stores who are forced to recycle plastic bags. Amazon / Fedex lockers could have pick-up for plastics and cardboard and paper.

“If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far go together”

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪