We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

1 mould – unlimited opportunities

This topic contains 21 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Brendon 8 months ago.

Brendon brendonscrimgeour

1 mould – unlimited opportunities

04/06/2018 at 04:23

this mould is my version of a cheap compression machine… (no more then $30USD)

and these are what I’ve created with it

Attachments:
21 replies
6 subscribers
3 saved
6 likes
sort on most likes
dedicated
04/06/2018 at 04:39

and a few more

Attachments:
warrior
04/06/2018 at 06:14

Hey @brendonscrimgeour !

Awesome work you made there with the little rocking chair !
(Such a cute little photogenic baby hehe)
I’m curious about your technique, how did you asemble the different “beams” ? I see you made some specific cuts, but did you use some glue or?
Also ; is that fused LLDPE Pallet wrap i see? if so, i love you !! :)))

Congratz !
peace

dedicated
04/06/2018 at 06:33

@imuh
hey mate!!

my nephew 4 months old.. little cutie
yes, pallet wrap haha 😉

and i plastic welded (first timer) with a cheap soldering iron, really easy i saw a youtube video of it, and the bond is pretty good.

keep up the good work nick!!
keep in touch.

warrior
04/06/2018 at 22:24

i’m so proud of you !! the result is so awesome !! i didn’t even think of using the LLDPE pallet wrap as a chair/hammack “textile” material?
can i have a guess of the other plastic used; HDPE ? the way light goes through seems you used transparent and white ?

Please do a video of the process, i’m really curious to see how processed the forms and welding

maybe using the help put here ? *hint hint*
https://preciousplastic.com/en/videos/extra/video.html
like that i’ll do a clear one for my LLDPE system & you for the rocking chair !!!

Peace!

dedicated
05/06/2018 at 00:07

@brendonscrimgeour @imuh
He’s right let’s do a video .. 😁
I want to see it… How to do?
Dimitri

dedicated
05/06/2018 at 00:11

the plastic I’m using is still no.5 PP (clear/white dvd cases and also that stuff that holds lumber/wood together i can get for free from local hardware places)

if you would like a video of the process i could do one as I’m thinking of quite a few different ideas now and can record the next one.. i am about to head overseas for a 1 month trip so you might have to wait =(

05/06/2018 at 05:03

Uuh so amazing!!

You could weld the parts using a heat gun as well

dedicated
19/07/2018 at 04:23

woww, nicely done.. thank you, keep me motivated..
maybe you can add some colaboration with resin-composite that is easily molded and quite strong

warrior
19/07/2018 at 11:58

Great idea, congratulations and thanks for sharing 🙂

dedicated
14/08/2018 at 05:08

Got back from my holiday last week and have been working/filming a short ‘How to’ video on my process of recycling plastic. I have just finished the bed side table (bigger then what it looks) and just need a few more shots for the video, will hopefully upload tomorrow and will post the Youtube link then.

Bed Side Table measurements – H: 550mm – L: 360mm – W: 410mm – Made from recycled clear polypropylene and 15mm copper pipes

Thanks

PS. pick me for V4

Attachments:
dedicated
15/08/2018 at 07:52

here is the YouTube link
sorry for the poor quality it is my first video.

starter
15/08/2018 at 09:25

I think the quality is great for your first video! Thank you for sharing, I really love the rocking chair and clever use of materials for the seat 🙂

dedicated
16/08/2018 at 02:22

@dbougas
@imuh

added the video for you guys to watch, let me know what you think. I used a BBQ for the heat source at a very low/slow temperature, this has given me many more ideas for portability (ie. bicycle trailer) as well as a much larger oven area to use.

ill be making a video on making the mould and will get it out early next week.

please let me know your thoughts
peace

few extra images.

Attachments:
dedicated
17/08/2018 at 12:03

Very good. . Thanks for the sharing…
Dimitri

dedicated
17/08/2018 at 15:16

Dude nailed it! Great Vid, looking forward to your mould video.

helper
22/08/2018 at 11:54

Super cool stuff man and the video is perfect.

starter
25/08/2018 at 11:37

Please take a look at the video below..
It might give you more ideas.

starter
25/08/2018 at 20:40

Great inspiration thank you, looking forward to seeing the mould how-to video!

dedicated
26/08/2018 at 00:40

thanks for all the kind messages, morethantencents , dbougas , plastikfantastik , malor , edwardmartinhill

ill get the mould video up asap, waiting on the aluminum since they had no leftovers i had to order new =(

dplasto loving the inspo! I’ve got plans to get an extra large I beam and make 6×2 beams like wooden planks.

starter
01/09/2018 at 13:47

So, I was super inspired and always had a “plank” in mind so using your cool design as my muse I made this. The aim is to make planks for school desks in Tanzania. And get this, the local welder charged me $35 for this mould. I’m getting my large oven on Monday so I’ll post an update of how the casting goes if the first “Pamoja Plank”!

Attachments:
dedicated
01/09/2018 at 14:31

hey @edwardmartinhill

that’s amazing, please keep me posted on everything you make with it!!!
what are the dimensions to your mould?

thanks
brendon

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.