Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

3D printing?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of Marco Ward Marco Ward 1 month ago.

Profile gravatar of Anonymous

3D printing?

07/12/2013 at 23:04

Making some parts using 3D printing. It would give phone some personal look.

Profile gravatar of net2man
07/12/2013 at 23:57

Jonttu wrote: Making some parts using 3D printing. It would give phone some personal look.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of gg1
gg1
10/12/2013 at 22:21

Nice idea. Make some standard plans you can download on internet to print covers or anything else. Then you can just download covers to print and just change them a little bit for moving your camera, volume buttons and others.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of necate
11/12/2013 at 20:27

I like the idea of an border “enframing” the phone, because this could be a part u can design/print yourself and it would enable to “round” the phone’s edges making it look more harmonic

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of FaTjara
12/12/2013 at 00:42

I’m no expert but i think that 3D printing wouldn’t work for building parts of the phone, although making a cover for it would be great 🙂

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Avamander
12/12/2013 at 14:09

FaTjara wrote: I’m no expert but i think that 3D printing wouldn’t work for building parts of the phone, although making a cover for it would be great 🙂 I agree

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of M4rcde
12/12/2013 at 18:08

WOW! Nice idea! Well, i think you could be able to make the Design arround of the Smartphone… But the Baseplates will be the same! Because such things you cant print!

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Gold_Squid1
15/12/2013 at 01:27

Interesting idea, maybe Phonebloks could team up with a 3D printing company so that the opine and printer would work together.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Niklas_Hoffmann
25/02/2014 at 12:28

Well maybe 3d printed coatings for blocks could be an idea but printing a whole block wouldn’t work. You also can’t print wooden blocks and recycled wood is the most environmentally friendly stuff you could use.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Marco Ward
25/01/2017 at 12:55

I seems to be motivated on that I idea, I like and even will look good if it combines with my own perspective thinking of my own design. I wish my printer company that I dealing with most of our business printing needs will do the same. Hoping that they could works more on this stuff http://www.digitekprinting.com/poster-prints using the same idea.

Toggle replies
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.