Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign ๐ŸŒ

Starting a map with worldwide development

This topic contains 91 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by Profile gravatar of Suzanne Suzanne 4 days ago.

Profile gravatar of Dave HakkensDave Hakkens
davehakkens

Starting a map with worldwide development

10/06/2016 at 13:17

Hello everyone.
Good to see machines being developed and plastic being shred! Every know and then we see updates coming by all over the internet. We figured it would be nice to add them all on a map. This gives a good overview of all development and makes it easier for people to find each other locally.

However finding and sourcing the people that are building is quite difficult. Let us know if you are working on it or you know someone that is. Lets start and fill up this map!

Let us know in a reply your information and we will add your location!
Project name: (for instance; precious plastic London)
Topic URL: (The link of the forum topic where you share updates or a site with additional information) Make sure to post a few images with that.

[edit]As you can see we broke our previous map ๐Ÿ™ BUT we are working on a waaaay better,advanced, cooler, prettier, smoother and more robuust one for V3, coming soon. Help us at next.preciousplastic.com

Profile gravatar of Bertie Whitford
2+
11/06/2016 at 11:05

Hi @davehakkens,

Great idea. Everyone loves a map!

Myself and @paulaortega have built an injection moulder. We’re based in South east London, UK.

Still tinkering with the electrics but soon we will be exploring various techniques for moulds. Thanks for your enthusiasm and sharing of such great ideas and designs.

Bertie and Paula

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Andy Noyes
11/06/2016 at 13:46

I think it’s a great idea to have a project map!

But can I suggest that ‘Project name’ is not ‘Precious Plastic <CITY>’ but instead the name of the person/organisation. I know of at least 4 separate builds in/around London and expect other large cities will have multiple builders too.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Andy Noyes
11/06/2016 at 13:51

Another thought, everybody’s profile has a location associated with it, can this be somehow included on the map? It could enable people who have not yet started building, or are perhaps just interested, to better find each other and collaborate.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Duncan Seath
1+
12/06/2016 at 21:40

Hi Dave
I am starting to build the shredder and then the moulding machines next.
I hope to inspire other similar projects in this region.

My Location is

Southend on Sea
Essex
Uk
SS3 9SY.

I would also like to say a big thanks for the inventive and poignant project share.

regards Duncan

Attachments:
Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Dave Hakkens
04/07/2016 at 11:04

thanks @dauntless your location is added on the map.
Would be great if you could start your own topic where you post updates and developments. In this way people can follow/learn/help and we will use that url as a reference.
Either way good luck!

Toggle replies
04/07/2016 at 11:05

But can I suggest that โ€˜Project nameโ€™ is not โ€˜Precious Plastic โ€™ but instead the name of the person/organisation

yes, that was just an example. You can name it whatever you like.
And would love to have member profiles connected based on location, good idea. Now we need to find a good web-developer to fix that!

Toggle replies
04/07/2016 at 11:06

happy to hear that @birdynamnam
Could share share this information, than iโ€™ll add it to the map!
Project name: (for instance; precious plastic London)
Topic URL: (The link of the forum topic where you share updates or a site with additional information)
Image: (A few images of your machine, workspace, progress, something to show its real)
Thanks

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Francisco Ottonello
09/07/2016 at 13:58

Hey! Great idea, I m Francisco from Argentina, and want to start a project in Argentina, got the resources just need a few hands to get it done! Lot of energy, love, food and time to do it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Manuel Hirn
3+
13/07/2016 at 15:21

Hey Dave,
i am from Germany and I created a little website (http://www.preciousplastic-onlineshop-deutschland.com) were people can buy the laser cutted parts for the shredder. Itยดs a bulk order so it will be very cheap for all people.
The reason is simple, because the single maufacturing of the laser cutted parts costs in Germany 500โ‚ฌ and more. This is too expensive.
So I hope you can help me, because the people from Europe should now that it gives a cheaper way to get the laser cutted parts.
It will be great if you can help me that all people now that this opportunity exists.
And you should now I want to buy the maschines by my self too.

Toggle replies
13/07/2016 at 17:11

Great idea @mr-hirn i’m sure a lot of people want to join! I’d suggest to start your own topic in our forums here and explain the plan. This makes it easier for use to share with others. But before you do, why not write it in english so everyone understands?

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of mattia
14/07/2016 at 11:41

@mr-hirn this is absolutely great.
I know a lot of people that are a bit lost when it come to how they can get those parts. I will share you site with them if that’s ok with you.

Do you already have contacts with local manufacturer?
How do you plan to maintain prices low?
What about delivery, that will also add to prices.

Not criticizing just trying to help with some feedback.

Mattia

Toggle replies
14/07/2016 at 13:43

Hi @davehakkens
the idea to start my own topic is great. The reason why I didnt wrote it in English is simple because I cant speak English so good and first of all I thought that I will sell the laser cutted parts only in germany. Yeah but i have changed my considerations and now I want to sell the parts Europe wide. Because of this I will change the content into English. (English is simply better I now ;-))
A detailed plan is already in work. So I have a lot of work for the next few days.

Toggle replies
14/07/2016 at 14:22

Thanks for your help @mattia-io
A Plan how I want to realise it is already in work.
In Germany I have found a manufacturer. In a few days he will send me more Informations about the price of 50 and 100 series. The idea is to make a big collective purchase order. So first of all I have to collect customers Europe wide. Than I have to find a way for delivery.
I now that the price is decisive so I have a lot of work for the next few days.
(The english language makes it more difficult for me but I give my best. I need 30 minutes for writing but learning by doing is almost the best)

Toggle replies
14/07/2016 at 14:33

@mattia-io
I forgot to tell you taht it will be great if you share my site. Al people can contact me about my side. And for the next days I change the language into english.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of beltran
27/07/2016 at 22:36

@dahakkens, great idea…and congratulations on reaching such a wide audience

we are from Malaga, Andalusia, Spain (missing on the map) … where you are invited to come and stay with us ๐Ÿ˜€
we are building the shredder, the extruder and, hopefully the filamenter.
We are also building other tools and techniques to use the output of your machines.
I Will share more about them when we have more info.

We are building the machines to create educational workshops at my foundation http://www.berrocal.net (shameless plug ๐Ÿ˜‰ – that’s where you are invited too ๐Ÿ™‚ )

our aim is to teach local kids about the environment and entrepreneurship by having them design, create, produce, communicate and sell products made out of the plastic they recycle in their village or by cleaning up what many people leave simply around.

Toggle replies
28/07/2016 at 06:45

Thanks for the invite! And good to see you are going forward. Would be really great if you could start a topic in our forums where you show your creations with some pictures and then use that topic to keep us updated. In this way we can link the pin to that topic url.

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Yolan Rulo
28/07/2016 at 11:25

Hi everybody! We can already say: there can be planted a new flag in Leuven, Belgium! We know this project already from stage 1, and finally started to build our own machines!

Toggle replies
28/07/2016 at 11:28

@ottof Hey, we are started to build the machines here in Belgium. But I was in Argentina for a year as exchange student, and I want to build the project there as well. We can stay in contact to start this in properly in Argentina? I was in Buenos Aires and have some usefull contacts there (host dad is in government for example)

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Francisco Ottonello
29/07/2016 at 11:19

@rulo hey! Got lots of contacts and people to start in Buenos Aires, let me know! Love to help so let’s keep in touch, do you have Facebook? Or email! Let’s talk or skype! Love to hear about your project!

Toggle replies
29/07/2016 at 11:26

@birdynamnam just to know: do have the real birdy nam nam in this community? Or a big fan? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Toggle replies
29/07/2016 at 11:27

@ottof sure! Facebook: Yolan Rulo Gielen and email: yolangielen@gmail.com

Toggle replies
02/08/2016 at 16:10

@davehakkens Could Leuven be on the map as well :)? Would be nice for communication on our Facebook. We’ll post our machines from the moment they are done! And there will be an artist who will “pimp” the compression moulder. I’m curious about that :p. We’ll keep you posted!

Toggle replies
02/08/2016 at 17:33

sure thing @rulo. Make sure to post a topic here in the forums to share your updates. We will link the pin towards this. Once its up we will add you. Good luck!

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Othman Al Mandhari
03/08/2016 at 06:22

Hi Dave
Thank you for making these machines and sharing the knowledge.
This is my first post.
We are making two of the machines now and the rest we are planning to make soon.
We are happy to be the first in our area to join your community. We are based in Muscat, Oman.

Toggle replies
03/08/2016 at 12:03

Will do!!

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Adrienne
19/08/2016 at 13:59

Hi all! So excited to get our machines up and running! We’re awaiting our parts to return to us cut out, but will be building the Shredder and Compressor – and hopefully then eventually also the Injection and Extruder too! And we’re in Birmingham, UK. ๐Ÿ™‚

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Trijuariyogo
21/08/2016 at 19:27

hi dave,

i want to ask to indonesian people. is there anyone have the same thought about plastic with me? if you are interested to build this project in indonesia please let me know. u can contact me at +628999967282. Thanks

Toggle replies
25/08/2016 at 18:26

sweet! Make sure to start a topic and post us updates. Once its going we will ad you to the map ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck!

Toggle replies
25/08/2016 at 18:27

Good first post @innotech. Make sure to start a topic here in the forums to share your updates. We will link the pin towards this. Once its up we will add you. Good luck!

Toggle replies
Profile gravatar of Robina Weermeijer
03/09/2016 at 09:47

Hi Dave, i’m building one in Amsterdam, you can add me on the map, Cruquiusweg 78a, 1019AJ Amsterdam

Toggle replies
Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.