We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Starting a map with worldwide development

This topic contains 111 replies, has 69 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Hakkens 1 year ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Starting a map with worldwide development

10/06/2016 at 13:17

Hello everyone.
Good to see machines being developed and plastic being shred! Every know and then we see updates coming by all over the internet. We figured it would be nice to add them all on a map. This gives a good overview of all development and makes it easier for people to find each other locally.

However finding and sourcing the people that are building is quite difficult. Let us know if you are working on it or you know someone that is. Lets start and fill up this map!

Let us know in a reply your information and we will add your location!
Project name: (for instance; precious plastic London)
Topic URL: (The link of the forum topic where you share updates or a site with additional information) Make sure to post a few images with that.

[edit]As you can see we broke our previous map 🙁 BUT we are working on a waaaay better,advanced, cooler, prettier, smoother and more robuust one for V3, coming soon. Help us at next.preciousplastic.com

[edit 2] Closing this topic. The way better more advanced map is ready. Visit here and add your pin! https://map.preciousplastic.com/⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Story behind the map here

111 replies
1 subscribers
1 saved
5 likes
sort on most likes
starter
05/09/2016 at 16:27

Hi Dave! Please add me on your map. I am from Pretoria, South Africa.
This being my first post and looking forward to this map being up and running. I am busy with the Shredder, and will partake in this forum more regularly.
Pieter

starter
06/09/2016 at 15:03

Hi,
I’m DAN from LUXEMBOURG and I am building a shredder with the parts on the picture. Assembling them makes a lot of fun because they fit so well! Thanks’ for sharing your engineering which is so useful for much people. I’ll send you more pictures during the project.

Attachments:
starter
10/09/2016 at 00:29

Our injection moulder is finally done – some final tweaks aside!
Myself and @paulaortega are in Woolwich, SE18, London.

B.

Attachments:
warrior
11/09/2016 at 08:01

nice! Would be really great if you could start a topic here with some images and background information. This is valuable information for us and other machine builders out here! Once done we will add you to the map! 🙏
*what are you going to make?

starter
14/09/2016 at 20:04

Hi, i’m JEFF from Quebec, Canada. Bleu Ouvert Cooperative (french canadian)

We have started our project last month and are trying to develop a business plan to help small non-profit organisation to raise money with the end product (each transformation). We have some money from government to help us too.

The Shredder is on the way and all the process to do a standardize job is on the way too.

[email protected]

starter
19/09/2016 at 23:53

Hi!

I am building the shredder and i would like to know if there are people interested in Precious Plastic projects here in Italy.

I am from Lecco (50 km far from Milan).
What can i do to add my location on the map?

Thank you all!
regards
M

starter
22/09/2016 at 23:43

Hello from Orlando FL.

I’m starting to source the components for my first attempt at building my shredder. Anyone have any ideas as to how much torque the motor needs to have in order to work correctly?

hero
25/09/2016 at 03:22

@necronomikon that’s hard to respond, the torque required depends on the type of plastic you are shredding and the thickness of the plastic pieces.

Take a look at these topics about motors:

(Almost) Definitive guide on Motors (WIP)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w5OhOzIXYDGl8slvoAxqdnRk757hVYFX0evk88c2Shw/edit

new
04/10/2016 at 21:39

Hello necronomikon
We used 1,5kW motor with worm gear box. We bought motor and gearbox form Yılmaz Redüktor (A gear box producer here in Turkey) İt cost about 900₺ (300$)
Technical details of motor and gearbox:
1,5kW 3-phase
Gear is worm type, reducing ratio 1/10, output torque is 84Nm and output rotation is 148rpm.
With this torque our shredder is chewing PET botles, plastic drums or anything to 2mm thickness easily.

Attachments:
new
11/10/2016 at 21:15

Hey! I’m developing a similar project. I think we can collaborate.

starter
20/10/2016 at 06:35

Hi @irifat

I’m building the 4 machines and already failled with 2 motors, the website you provided is awesome! Thanks! you can download the specs.

I will get mine from the supplier you are proposing but it seems the price they provided me defers from yours, do you think you can share your specs here to double check.

Many Thanks,

Frank Vargas

helper
23/10/2016 at 20:37

Hello From Naxos Island Greece!

The shredder is ready!thank you very much for the plans!the injection is coming!

I am working to windsurf club close to the see !Unfortunately the plastics around are a lot!

Best regards

*add me please to the map:)

Attachments:
new
24/10/2016 at 07:31

Hi @thetank
Sorry for delayed reply. I already shared my motor specs. In the first mesage I write for @necronomicon, I write the specs. 1,5kW motor, gear ratio 1/10 output torque 84Nm, output rotation is 144rpm. Motor code name is EV063-2E90L/4C. Also I added picture of tag outside of the motor box.
I live in Turkey and my workshop is 10 minutes away from Yılmaz Redüktor’s factory. I think your price is different because of the shipping and customs fees.

Attachments:
starter
25/10/2016 at 14:17

Thanks!! @irifat

I finally got mine! brand new Demac TYPE 75 1.5 kw 70 rpm 440v 60hz ip 55 Reducer Ratio 1:20 204 NM (240 EUR, about 800 TRY)

Yılmaz Redüktor website help me a lot to get all the specs I need.

Looking forward to show some pics!

Fran

starter
24/11/2016 at 15:32

Hello @davehakkens,

It’s a pleasure to make part of all of it and know that more people are thinking the same way we were doing here,

Of course you can put a toggle on São Paulo Brazil, we have a initiative(startup) called Tech Scavengers here where we help our comunnity to reuse and recycle eletronic trash and transform them into new IoT products to teach kids about eletronic, robotics, IT and etc, so with your products we are boosting all the capability to our projects as well !!

Thanks a lot for the open source poducts, for the initiative and quality of all your services, certainly i think this kind of thinking and cooperation will help us to change and start bulding a better world to our and the next generations !!

Let’s Rocks !!

Vinicius Biscolla.

More info http://bukeiot.com (still under development)

warrior
18/12/2016 at 17:57

i’ve built an extruder
add me at Jalna,Maharashtra in India

helper
18/12/2016 at 22:36

Hi Dave, add me on map.
Rimini (Italy)

Attachments:
warrior
19/12/2016 at 13:19

looking good @trite! Do you have a bit of background information on your project? Building other machines as well or sticking with the shredder?

helper
19/01/2017 at 00:00

Hey Dave, @davehakkens

I would love to be added to the map. I currently have the Shredder made and have opened a small plastic recycling business here in Montana.

Bryce Rowe
614 Woodworth Ave.
Missoula, MT 59801

Attachments:
warrior
19/01/2017 at 16:52

@herowe
its looks awesome. its got that post apocalyptic and futuristic feel to it. looks it came straight out of Wall-E. Awesome!

starter
22/01/2017 at 13:25

Hi Dave,

Can you add our project to the map please?

Project name: Đời của Nhựa (The Life of Plastics)
Topic URL: https://davehakkens.nl/community/forums/topic/machines-built-in-hanoi-vietnam/#post-75418 and https://www.facebook.com/DoicuaNhua/

Thanks!

warrior
23/01/2017 at 00:41

Nice machines @qnguyen198 and @herowe! Added you on the map, soon on lab.preciousplastic.com

starter
24/01/2017 at 02:17

Hi Jeff!

I’m from Alberta and a group of us are also starting to build the machines – starting with the shredder. There’s also interest from other makers in our city so it will be fun to see how things develop around here.

I’m headed off to India to set-up a non profit group at my friends school in rural West Bengal. Hoping to develop a set of precious plastic machines over there to help raise awareness for pollution and recycling.

Finding parts locally in my city is not as easy as I thought so it will be an adventure building the machines over in the boonies in India. But the fantastic part of Precious Plastic and DAve’s master plan is the great wealth of support from a global community so folks everywhere can build these machines.

Good luck on you project. Hope to get our shredder soon. will post updates!

cheers!

dave
@dluxsolar

starter
24/01/2017 at 03:04

hi Bryce!

nice machine! we are building a shredder now and i’m looking at the sprocket and chain option for both a motor (1725 RPM) and a bicycle. I don’t think i can use the same chain/sprockets for both applications (with different ratios of course, but using same chain).

i calculated 3 axle chain drive for the motor: motor drive 12t to driven 60t, drive2 12t to driven2 (shredder shaft) 60t) will give ~ 70rpm. but my options for chains limit the sprocket sizes bigger than the bike chain. the bicycle chain is too small for my motor sprockets (#41) so it seems i must use two different systems.

curious what chain# and the sprocket config you used (and motor speed).

cheers!

dave
Alberta, Canada

starter
24/01/2017 at 03:09

Hiya Dave!

you can us to the map. Dave & Gord’s Machines, we’re based in Edmonton, Alberta Canada!!

hopefully, soon to be building in India too.

GREAT PROJECT!!!

cheers!

warrior
24/01/2017 at 08:37

@dluxsolar hey! ping me if you need any help in India. im also from India. My email id is [email protected]

helper
27/01/2017 at 11:55

hi Dave

is Andre from Quebec Canada i send you an email about building and sold laser cut custom build shredder from your project my location is Montreal Canada ready to help anytime thanks great job

email:[email protected]

Attachments:
  1. Overviewkit.docx
helper
01/02/2017 at 09:36

hi Dave andre from quebec canada add me to the map please
thanks

warrior
01/02/2017 at 11:46

I’m dedicating this whole year to researching, developing and building the full set of machines.. I live in Johannesburg, South Africa. Please add to the map ^^

warrior
01/02/2017 at 11:47

We need a little bit of extra information @andredeqc and @dluxsolar
Project name: (for instance; precious plastic London)
Topic URL: (The link of the forum topic where you share updates or a site with additional information) Make sure to post a few images with that.

Viewing 30 replies - 31 through 60 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Starting a map with worldwide development’ is closed to new replies.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪