We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Acrylic Schredder (made from)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ppboys 6 days ago.

Felipe felipeolivares

Acrylic Schredder (made from)

10/09/2019 at 16:01

Hey Guys! how are you doing?

I’m looking forward to make a more affordable schredder machine, and I saw in some places that the box where the blades are contained in the schredder machine, are made in acrylic. Do you know if this is strong enough? or it is just to show how it works?

If it really work, which should be the width of the acrylics? 10mm would be enough right?

Many thanks in advance!!

2 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
helper
12/09/2019 at 09:57

I made a acrylic shredder concept of my metal shredder. It was glued together. I could shred like 1 sheet of newspaper with 2 n shreds it would pop the glue off the sides.

helper
12/09/2019 at 11:50

Interesting; this idea pops up from time to time and I collected some details in the wiki for a DIY shredder from plastic. Acrylic would be nice since you can get sheets in the in whatever thickness (still quite expensive) and it’s easy to cut out any shape. For the cutting I thought mounting grinded HSS blanks (cheap) on it. That could do for quite some household waste. I still had no time to design the blades for that but maybe @thegreenengineers has some more ideas.

that’s great stuff, keep moving 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪