We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Advice for plastic longboard deck

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cilio Minella 11 months ago.

Jelle Feitsma jellow2000

Advice for plastic longboard deck

17/11/2017 at 01:59

Hi,

I am working with a friend of mine on a school project where we are going to build a longboard from scratch. This means casting aluminium trucks, casting the wheels and making the deck. We came up with the idea to make the deck out of plastic. Now is my question, which plastic should we use? We are thinking about HDPE because of it’s thougness but PP may also be a good material. So what do you guys think?

2 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
helper
29/12/2017 at 00:32

Hey there @jellow2000, this sounds like a fun project! I’m sorry I may be too late with this input but I would love to hear how it went if you went forward with the idea.

I’ve made a penny board out of type 2 HDPE and it ended up working out pretty well. The board was good in the rain too. The board did have a good about of flex which wasn’t a problem because it’s a short board. The longer the board gets it might end up dragging on the ground. Using PP might work out better because I think it’s more rigid. So I recommend going PP over HDPE, but I haven’t tried so I can’t be sure. Either way its worth a try and the community would love to hear how it goes!

Attachments:
starter
23/11/2018 at 13:46

Oh nice how did you the deck?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪