We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

AI based App to identify different plastics.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Maleny Cáceres Sastré 1 month ago.

Jonathan jonathanagainstplastic

AI based App to identify different plastics.

09/01/2020 at 17:11

Hey guys,
wouldn‘t it be nice to have an app to make the process of sorting easier? My idea is an artificial intelligence program which can tell you which plastic it is. The problem is: Plastics can look the same even though they are actually not the same. Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem? Be creative! 🙂

3 replies
3 subscribers
0 saved
new
09/01/2020 at 21:02

Hi Jonathan.
There is a plastic burning method to identify different plastics.
Hope the little bit of info can help. Google it. I have a chart in my office at work. Will try and remember to give you more info.

Regards
Johann.

starter
21/01/2020 at 22:46

Hello Jonathan nice to meet you.
I was having the same idea a couple weeks ago , and the only information i have so far its about a company based in Munich ” CCR Reverse Logistics Group” that has an APP called ” RLG Pick App” but it seems to me that only aims to collect and to share based on probabilty the characteristics of the plastics they administrate throw their conteiners.
If you can download and explain further i ll appreciate it cause of language barrers.
How ever … if right  now we can download an app for wine ( VIVINO) that only with a photo of the brand can tell you the features and recommendations of the flavor.  Maybe it can be reachable  joining forces to make a collaborated matrix of data based on brands / barcodes  open source to know further about our plastics bottles.
Greetings.
SOURCE:
https://www.ccr-clearing.de/de

starter
22/01/2020 at 03:59

Hey i also found a company . problem solved without an app.

https://www.matoha.com/plastell

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪