We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Alternative shredder & extrusion framework design

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PlasticHub 1 day ago.

Create Sense pex12

Alternative shredder & extrusion framework design

07/07/2019 at 16:17

I’ve dumped some footage about our more proven framework design here. It’s stupid easy to make and provides a lot of features. I am open to suggestions and as always, feel free to correct and add.

I can’t emphasize  enough that Precious Plastic is lacking standard and good designs; something we could start building addons for …

Attachments:
2 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
dedicated
08/07/2019 at 13:08

I haven’t send this yet through the simulator and perhaps it’s a stupid idea but thinking longer about, it seems that 90% of the support and addon material for the framework can come from within the PP community, in plastic. The base and side plate(s) as well the legs can be done in plastic but some parts require enforcement sheets of around 2-3 mm thickness. The joinery of the legs to the base plate can be done with M12 ACME threads. That should work at least for the extrusion.

I see 80% in weight reduction as well a lion part of heavy duty tools being removed from the build. The overall price for this machine should also lower by a significant amount; not too much but at least PP can stand better on it’s own and possible proved a few of the project’s points 🙂

helper
21/07/2019 at 21:23

Here an extreme light weight variant of just 35cm wide; the frame itself is 8Kg and can deal with the quite some forces; more or less the outcome of the v4 extruder.

Attachments:
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.