We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Any Canadians here? What are you working on?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  john 1 month ago.

Mirco Graenert mirco

Any Canadians here? What are you working on?

16/04/2018 at 01:17

I just joined the communinity – hello! – let me know what are you working on, I have a machine shop!

Best,
Mirco

Attachments:
11 replies
3 subscribers
0 saved
new
16/04/2018 at 04:50

Hi… I’m I. Canada… London, Ontario. Looking to start a local recycling program in a small mountain community in Jamaica.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any machine skills.

Looking for some free/affordable help.

Nicole

warrior
16/04/2018 at 07:36

Hi @mirco,

Have you added yourself to Precious Plastic Map already?

new
16/04/2018 at 08:02

Saskatoon SK

starter
13/07/2018 at 17:23

Yes on he map and we have a group forming and getting together in Newmarket and Toronto Ontario. I know that is a bit far from you, but not to be friends…  We hosted Precious Plastic in the Adidas Parley Run for the Oceans event in Toronto just about a week ago.
Check it out!
https://www.facebook.com/PreciousPlasticCANADA

Best Regards,
Mirco

new
17/07/2018 at 04:01

Hi from Vancouver. I just joined the community. Looking to connect with more people to collaborate.

Jing

starter
17/07/2018 at 04:13

Hi,
nice to meet you, we are pretty far away, what skills do you have to add to the group?  What is your vision within precious Plastic?

We are a local group here in Newmarket, Ontario and I suggest that you try to contact a local group in Vancouver as you will need access to machines in order to be able to recyclce or do anything a little bigger for that matter.
Stay in touch,
Best Regards,
Mirco.

starter
24/07/2018 at 05:28

Nicole, let me know your plan and I will see if I can assist in any way.

Mirco.

new
30/07/2018 at 15:37

Hello!

Nicolas Lamoureux here. I’m from Kingsville, Ontario (Southern Ontario). I’m currently sourcing parts to build my first shredder. I have a friend who works for a laser cutting company in Windsor, Ontario and we are currently figuring out some metric to imperial conversions to get the shredder parts cut.

I’m taking a welding course in September of this year and would like to try to build as much of this myself as possible.

I’m looking to form a community and start some recycling in my small community and eventually turn this into a large scale project.

If anyone has anything in the works already and I can help or if anyone would like to join and help me please let me know.

starter
30/07/2018 at 16:45

Hi Nicolas,
send me your e-mail to [email protected] and I will add you to our Precious Plastic Canada “slack” group.  Slack is an app that we use as a communication tool amongs our 20+ (dedicated)  members, we are in start up mode, but perhaps I can assist with building – heads up on the shredder, metric materials are expensive and not readily available.  for the metal, it is imperative that the material thickness is controlled or can be modified.  Consider metal type, heat treatment, work hardening may be great from the laser cutting but may warp the material.  Realize you need to stack many pieces together and that the tolerance stack up has to work out. Choose wisely and perhaps modify the design to suit your material thicknesses available. or the final design tolerances.  FInally, be sure that someone inspects your welds and do not underestimate the torque the shredder will need to produce to work properly.  Believe me, there is potential to twist the entire frame if your material is inadequate or if your welds are not OK.  We have a member (Sabrina) in Windsor, most of us are in Ontario, Newmarket and Toronto, we have some machines build and our shredder being modified currently.  Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best Regards,
Mico.

new
30/07/2018 at 17:12

Mirco,

Email sent. Thanks!

Regards,

Nicolas

starter
15/08/2018 at 08:47

just joined. Had a crazy idea to buid a small machine to seperate pet bottles easier. No shop. just an idea. if there is a demand,,, who knows. Orangeville

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.