We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Any idee for a shredder mistake? – PP Switzerland

Gaetan geat

Any idee for a shredder mistake? – PP Switzerland

18/02/2018 at 20:34

Hi,

This is something like 1 year i have the problem, first mistake was the lazer cut office make me the piece in a wrong size.

Then with the piece in good size, i try to build and disassemble something like 10 times…
Put a small spacer of 1 thent on the coast.
When i block the screw of the rolling, all axe move front of the fix cut. My idee it’s to reduce the size of the screw because now it’s the conical chamfer who delimite. But before i disassemble again, probably you have the solution ?

(Not the “game” it’s wrong traduction in french but i mean “space” or “move”

Vidéo of the problem
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=EMZ9bmJ_Nog

Thank a lot for your answer guy’s

Cheers

7 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
20/02/2018 at 16:14

Hi, I don’t have the solution for your problem, but the video doesn’t work…
Regards

helper
20/02/2018 at 23:32

Thank @deamn I have edit the link with the youtube link

dedicated
21/02/2018 at 01:16

This link doesn’t work!!

21/02/2018 at 12:25

The right link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMZ9bmJ_Nog

helper
21/02/2018 at 13:17

We had that issue, as well because the shop that laser cut our shredder parts delivered them at a different thickness than the spec (because in US they could not get that exact thickness). We ended up having to modify the width of the shredding shaft to have 145mm of hex and adding some shims both on the shaft and the fixed shredding plates to get it to be snug. We found that you want almost no play along the shredder axle axis but it is okay to have a little wiggle of them turning around the shaft.

helper
21/02/2018 at 18:55

Just like Marcus suggested, you need some shims.
Like These the shredders I built had the same problem each needed .012″ on each side and tightened the assembly right up. if you loosen the collars on the bearings (where the shaft passes through) you can shift the shaft side to side and determine how much play needs to be made up for. (best done with a dial indicator but you can get close with feeler gauges).

Also make sure that there are no burrs on the knife spacer washers and inside edges of the fixed blades, these clearances are pretty tight and interference is common if the parts aren’t smoothed out.

helper
21/02/2018 at 21:43

Thank’s guy. I will look that

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪