We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Ask Me Anything

Tagged: , ,

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Ask Me Anything

20/11/2016 at 02:15

This topic is for you community. The place to ask me anything.
Favorite project, best holiday, what motivates me, what time I wake up, if i know square-dancing, everything goes here.
Have a look through the older questions ones because I won’t answer the same twice.

Shoot your questions 🙂

415 replies
141 subscribers
18 saved
26 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Ask Me Anything

hero
21/11/2016 at 07:26

There is one word in the English language that is always pronounced incorrectly. What is it?

😀

warrior
01/02/2017 at 12:44

There is one word in the English language that is always pronounced incorrectly. What is it?

idea

starter
01/02/2017 at 13:14

What did you learn from your Asia Trip? What was the most important, life changer thing that you implemented to your life?

P.S. I love the new version of this website. You are motivating thousands of people and bringing ideas, I hope you’ll never stop.

warrior
01/02/2017 at 13:47

What did you learn from your Asia Trip? What was the most important, life changer thing that you implemented to your life?

That in our western bubble it feel like the entire world act and thinks like us. But its not. And there is so much more wisdom in these cultures. The positivity from people in India and the open-minded monks in Thailand was amazing. Overall it seems less focussed on work more happiness..

And good there here you like it @johnp, slowly getting better 🙂

warrior
01/02/2017 at 14:09

when are the V 3.0 machines coming out? i thought today was the day

warrior
01/02/2017 at 15:39

when are the V 3.0 machines coming out? i thought today was the day

It is! next.preciousplastic.com

starter
02/02/2017 at 00:18

Hello Dave! Do you work with some polymer research communities?

hero
02/02/2017 at 07:48

idea

Wrong
Answer: incorrectly

Attachments:

starter
02/02/2017 at 22:05

Hi!
My name is Luis and I am from Mérida, the biggest city on México southeast region.

I´m an industrial engineer (I´ve just graduated from an MBA). Along with my mechanical engineer friend (also an MBA) David Sansores we´re starting to build our shredder.

We´re also deciding wich other machine to build, we are between the injection machine and the extrusion machine. But we have a question: ¿do we need to add some sort of chemical to the blend? ¿or with the shredded plastic is enought?

We´ll be trying to make some improvements like a thermostat to control de temperature, we´ll let you guys know if we succeed 🙂

Greetings from México ✌️🇲🇽

warrior
02/02/2017 at 22:16

@luisbuenfil you don’t need to add chemicals, just shredded plastic is enough

starter
03/02/2017 at 06:09

I have more of a “IT question”. I was wondering what frame work you guys are use for your forums. I want to use it for a tiny house village project for the homeless in my community. http://www.bernco.gov/capital-improvement-program/tiny-home-village.aspx. this is all they have to organize people and communicate. I want to build the site so I can create a frame work to start up other villages in urban areas. But it all starts with collecting data and organizing correctly. just like your awesome projects and community !!!

Thank you for your time !

starter
03/02/2017 at 17:57

@sharma-sagar thanks!

warrior
05/02/2017 at 02:04

@momo We use WordPress with Bbpress for the forums and Buddypress plugin for the community stuff like user profiles etc. Easy to set something up quickly. Gets a bit more complicated when you try to customize everything like here 😅

starter
06/02/2017 at 01:03

@davehakkens Thanks for that, ill look into it. see if i can use it pretty quick !.

starter
07/02/2017 at 19:29

Hey Dave & everyone! I just joined up, have been a long time fan & “follower” but looking forward to getting more involved now with v3. I found out about your project on Lieke’s Instagram, she’s one of my favorite artists!

My question for you is: What is your favorite recipe and could you share it with us?

warrior
07/02/2017 at 23:28

@trisaratops What is your favorite recipe and could you share it with us?

Food wise I love everything that these folks make. (credits to Lieke for making it)

My favorite recipe is currently a hot chocolate. Throw some almonds, dates, ricemilk and cacao powder in a (proper) blender, mix it up, heat it up. This gives a super nice thick hot chocolate. This is the one you imagine yourself drinking on a super cold winter day after a long walk outside and now heating yourself up near a wood stove. That entire feeling is inside the chocolate. Its way beyond any traditional milky version out there. LOVE IT!

starter
08/02/2017 at 21:20

Que tal Dave???, i have a question, what is the production capacity of each of the machines and has achieved some improvement in the productivity of these in V3.0

helper
14/02/2017 at 06:53

Hi Dave,

My thesis will be incorporating your awesome shredder and this is generating a lot of buzz at my university from other students who are interested in building this and having it in our workshop. Do you have any advice on how to ask our university for funding?

I also wanted to share this article I think you might find interesting:
https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/india-bans-all-disposable-plastic/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=global&utm_campaign=general-content&linkId=34447287

Thanks Dave!
-Ve

warrior
15/02/2017 at 20:25

Que tal Dave???, i have a question, what is the production capacity of each of the machines and has achieved some improvement in the productivity of these in V3.0

We aren’t improving the machines in V3. We are going to focus on getting the most out of them.

Do you have any advice on how to ask our university for funding?

Haha we are not so good when it comes to finding funding. You got advise for us? 😅

starter
15/02/2017 at 23:29

Hi Dave,I am Haseeb from Pakistan.I like your efforts bro ,i am gonna start building machine next week,i have watched many recyling videos coz its one of my goals to make it possible and make my country greener and clean..Thanks a lot sir.hope to see your more videos and i wish some day we will work together..

starter
15/02/2017 at 23:34

Hi,Dave can we recyle plastic bags in these machines ?

helper
20/02/2017 at 00:30

Hi Dave, on some caps I found the written PAT. It indicates some particular material? I found nothing about it

warrior
28/02/2017 at 17:28

Hi Dave, are you still not using shampoo? 😀

warrior
28/02/2017 at 17:55

Hi,Dave can we recyle plastic bags in these machines ?

You can. However they are not really made for that.

Hi Dave, on some caps I found the written PAT. It indicates some particular material? I found nothing about it

What?

Hi Dave, are you still not using shampoo? 😀

Nope 🙂

warrior
28/02/2017 at 18:49

@davehakkens would it be stereotypical question to ask to you about your encounters with “herbal medicine” (if you know what i mean *wink wink*) because you are dutch?

warrior
01/03/2017 at 00:48

would it be stereotypical question to ask to you about your encounters with “herbal medicine” (if you know what i mean *wink wink*) because you are dutch?

it is, but thats super allowed in this AMA topic. Yep done it when I was a kid nowadays not anymore. Don’t feel a need for it maybe again when I’m sick and need medicine 😉

*maybe i’m just high on plastics 😅

new
01/03/2017 at 11:25

hello Dav, I just the army couple of minutes ago, I know more about plastic PET ,I have many of it around me here on how to make a waste to wealth for people here in Lagos Nigeria.

starter
02/03/2017 at 02:45

Mello,

Dave, I am sorry if I am asking you a question you have already answered before and I know you are busy so I’ll make this quick:

Do you have a section in the community for Documentation/Written-tutorials/stuff to read?
If so, I would really like to help out, because although I am techy, I don’t think I have the skill set that you may require (I do write code but my repertoire is to broad so any use) So I though I’ll help out writing stuff…

..so..
…yea…
Documentation – Is it a thing?

Thanks,

Milk 😉

P.S. I know you are big on video tutorials which is probably better but I don’t have the stuff for that and it means I can write things when I’m bored.

starter
02/03/2017 at 03:20

Being cheeky here by asking two questions but I thought it were a good idea:

Auto-Desk’s new 3D scanning app for you phone is quite cool. It would be great for this actually, the software is free, and easy to use, designers can create things in plastic, scan it with there phone, and upload it to here as a 3D module that can be view in-browser, with there own instruction on how to make it.

Perfect for sharing new creations with each over!

The App’s website/video.

Any good?

new
05/03/2017 at 10:27

When next your are in Africa or Asia ask of organic shampoo (no chemical additives). they are really good.

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 415 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪