We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Ask Me Anything

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 350 replies, has 273 voices, and was last updated by  Brian Mohammed 3 days ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Ask Me Anything

20/11/2016 at 02:15

This topic is for you community. The place to ask me anything.
Favorite project, best holiday, what motivates me, what time I wake up, if i know square-dancing, everything goes here.
Have a look through the older questions ones because I won’t answer the same twice.

Shoot your questions 🙂

350 replies
101 subscribers
10 saved
10 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Ask Me Anything

starter
10/01/2019 at 11:00

Hi Dave and all.  I have bought a property in Robe, South Australia and renovated the shed into a functioning Precious Plastic factory and a retail business with quality products from recycled items.  I have completed shredder and injection and nearly completed the extrusion.  My question is can I convert Styrofoam to solid Polystyrene simply by heating in the injection machine or do I need to use acetone to get the air out first?  I am trying to make foam PS into floor tiles.

http://www.transmutation.com.au

Attachments:

starter
15/01/2019 at 05:26

Why everyone here is talking only about Precious Plastics… @dave don’t take this as an offence, till now I don’t know anything about your plastics concept, because I came here because of Modular Phones concept, PhoneBloks…

P.S.: As I am ignorant about Plastic concept and lazy on googling about it, can you about the main theme of plastic concept in one line?

warrior
15/01/2019 at 11:02

don’t be lazy @nisu99. You can be lazy on Facebook, not here..

starter
16/01/2019 at 04:27

@davehakkens Actually I am not that lazy as you think of… I really don’t know anything about Precious Plastics as I came here because of your modular phone idea… All I just needed a right start of knowing what is Precious Plastics…

Actually, I found that my right start by myself on here: https://preciousplastic.com/en/videos/intro.html

That’s why I ask for one line start, not to explain.

BTW I don’t use Facebook… 🙂

starter
16/01/2019 at 15:06

Hi, can i visit your workshop here in NL? To personally see what you do. I will be heading back to the philippines in a few weeks so i hope there will be an opportunity. I will also start a precious plastic workshop in the philippines as soon as i head back home.

starter
16/01/2019 at 23:25

@davehakkens any answer on my PS question?  I want to find a solution for handling EPS and have done a fair bit of research on the Internet but was wondering if the community have come up with a way to process it easily.  I will experiment as well and let everyone know.

starter
17/01/2019 at 07:11

Mr. Hakkens,

I’ve been watching your project for a long time and really wanted to take on recycling for 2 years now.

I have always wondered how you made that safari-esque hat seen here. I know you used the extrusion machine but how? My best guess besides magic is that you cut out a hole in a piece of plywood for someone’s head to partly stick out of and you worked with them on a turntable.

I have finally come across all the tools needed to commit to making an extruder and shredder but I will have to source some money, but that can be done.

Anyway, cheers from California!

starter
17/01/2019 at 07:13

Mr. Hakkens,

I’ve been watching your project for a long time and really wanted to take on recycling for 2 years now.

I have always wondered how you made that safari-esque hat seen here around 2:10. I know you used the extrusion machine but how? My best guess besides magic is that you cut out a hole in a piece of plywood for someone’s head to partly stick out of and you worked with them on a turntable.

I have finally come across all the tools needed to commit to making an extruder and shredder but I will have to source some money, but that can be done.

Anyway, cheers from California! (sorry about the duplication, I realized just after i clicked upload that i forgot the link and thought it didn’t post and I didn’t check)

starter
23/01/2019 at 00:25

Why are you calling it an army?  I almost decided not to join the forum just because I don’t want to be associated with that violent and abusive cult mentality…  My country has an army that is directly responsible for the humanitarian crisis in Yemen where a child dies from preventable causes every ten minutes, if my country’s army had said, no we’re not supporting the Saudi’s, or even told the Saudi’s that they don’t want them to invade Yemen it could have turned out different… hilarious that you’re associating such a worthwhile movement with a bunch of immoral psychopaths largely responsible for most of the world’s issues, either directly as the army or after they discharge and join groups like the CIA and NSA as veterans to orchestrate coups and terrorist attacks… Please pick a different word…

new
23/01/2019 at 00:41

@mugglebornnerdyvegan your post made my day here today! I would recommend you to smoke a good load of weed whilst watching ‘George Carlin’ on ‘Soft language’ and think again about what you just said 🙂 I thought I’m a pita, but you dude, raised the bar. Welcome to the PP army !

helper
23/01/2019 at 00:51

Wait What? You can’t be serious…..
army noun ar·​my | \ ˈär-mē  \plural armiesDefinition of army
1aa large organized body of armed personnel trained for war especially on land
ba unit capable of independent action and consisting usually of a headquarters, two or more corps, and auxiliary troopscoften capitalized the complete military organization of a nation for land warfare

2a great multitudean army of birds

3a body of persons organized to advance a cause

starter
23/01/2019 at 01:14

@cgoflyn

lol not sure what a pita is

starter
23/01/2019 at 01:21

@panamaid
It’s hilarious how people who join the military feel as though they have no moral responsibility in the policy decisions of how the military is used… you look like you’re posing in a military photo… are you?

You’re more than a little silly if you think you can distort the association away from the word army…

https://www.democracynow.org/2018/11/5/headlines/un_a_yemeni_child_dies_every_10_min_from_war_caused_disease_hunger

helper
23/01/2019 at 05:06

3a body of persons organized to advance a cause.

I have decided not to waste time with you.

If this was survivor, you would get my vote.

starter
23/01/2019 at 05:10

@panamaid
don’t waste your time with intellectual honesty no, god forbid lol

starter
23/01/2019 at 05:28

@panamaid

Just in the interest of trying to talk to someone who’s part of the problem, I’d really like to get your feedback… do you think military personnel are morally responsible for incorporating the policy decisions for how the military is used in terms of their choice to be in the military?   Like does the idea of Justice and Ethics have any weight whatsoever for you?

starter
26/01/2019 at 14:27

Hello Dave how are you. I am Edem from Togo in west Africa. I beginning precious plastics project with shereder and extrusion machine. When will you came to visite US in Togo. We hope you soon.

Attachments:

new
27/01/2019 at 06:19

Why not combining project kamp, with solving a food waste?

starter
30/01/2019 at 15:52

Hi Dave,

first of all: Thank you for all your projects! I appreciate your engagement and your attitude! Great Job!

I would like to visit the workspace in Eindhoven and get in contact with you guys. Is there a time during the week when it makes sense to come alone for a chat?

Thanks

Ingo 🙂

starter
01/02/2019 at 17:20

Hello,
I’m at Hague and I really need to visit the workplace in the City.

starter
02/02/2019 at 01:18

Hey man – you’ve got a spammer in the project idea form. Might want to check that out.

Cheers!

starter
05/02/2019 at 22:34

Hola, hay algún proyecto de vehículos modulares, así como el teléfono? y si lo hay , donde puedo anotarme para ingresar?

starter
05/02/2019 at 23:11

Hi!I have been following a few of your videos trying to take some inspiration.I noticed in this particular video you are wrapping the plastic around a metal mould and you easily remove the plastic from it.When I try to wrap the plastic around metal moulds, as it cools down it squeezes against the mould and it becomes really challenging to remove it without damaging the piece.Do you have any suggestions as to how to get the finished product out of it’s mould easily?

Attachments:

new
06/02/2019 at 21:24

Dave, Nice work!! If i wanted to build a shop, what should i budget for getting the machines cut out? How many hours and how much in steel…

new
09/02/2019 at 02:01

I can’t seem to pin myself.  I’ve gone through the process 3 times and each time it records my introduction sentences but the pin isn’t placed.  Any advice on how to get myself on the map for the precious plastics site would be much appreciated!

starter
09/02/2019 at 15:04

Hi there,
why was this particular revolving muti-teardrop design chosen for the shredder?
I have struggled to produce the parts and they are relatively hard without the laser cutters who happen to be few and costly here in Nigeria.
Has anyone tried cutting the parts with an oxy-gas torch? How did it go?
I want a heads up before i try.
Thanks

starter
10/02/2019 at 15:40

hey @david5565 i am a mechanical engineer from India and making plastic recycling machines for my final year project.first i thought of making precious plastic shredder but the laser cutting was costly and we are tight on budget so i took inspiration from a plastic granulator. all of my parts are cut by gas cutting and are welded together.finishing was done by a shaper and grinder machine. you can follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/preciousplastic.india/
hope this helps.
Greetings from India.

new
13/02/2019 at 12:31

Hi Dave.that windoil is a must for poverty elimination,i’v not stopped thinking about the difference it would make in my community.I’m gona make a few, where may I find the blue prints?

starter
14/02/2019 at 09:44

Am glad I come across your page and I like the way you corporate with native  whenever you travel, it’s the best thing to live that kind of life, since you can explore more than being a normal travelor and live in hotels in town!
I will be your host if you choose to come to my country! welcome to Tanzania

new
15/02/2019 at 19:48

bonjours Dave comment va tu? tout d’abord j’aimerai te félicité pour cette superbe initiative. c’est vraiment quelque chose de grand, révolutionnaire. Et tu à décidé de le partager avec le monde car tu à un œil sur l’avenir. Je te remercie. Je me nomme Blaise Sawadogo, je suis africain originaire du Burkina Faso, j’ai 27 ans, étudiant dans une institue de commerce. Bref! je suis un enthousiaste, je suis dynamique, mon seul défaut c’est l’impatience! je veux que les chose bouges rapidement. je souhaite réaliser de grandes chose dans mon pays et je souhaiterai me joindre à vous. je souhaite monter un atelier de valorisation des déchés et j’ai besoin de votre aide. Aidé moi a démarrer!

Viewing 30 replies - 301 through 330 (of 350 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.