We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Ask Me Anything

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 308 replies, has 241 voices, and was last updated by  Joey 5 days ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Ask Me Anything

20/11/2016 at 02:15

This topic is for you community. The place to ask me anything.
Favorite project, best holiday, what motivates me, what time I wake up, if i know square-dancing, everything goes here.
Have a look through the older questions ones because I won’t answer the same twice.

Shoot your questions 🙂

308 replies
78 subscribers
6 saved
6 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Ask Me Anything

starter
10/01/2019 at 11:00

Hi Dave and all.  I have bought a property in Robe, South Australia and renovated the shed into a functioning Precious Plastic factory and a retail business with quality products from recycled items.  I have completed shredder and injection and nearly completed the extrusion.  My question is can I convert Styrofoam to solid Polystyrene simply by heating in the injection machine or do I need to use acetone to get the air out first?  I am trying to make foam PS into floor tiles.

http://www.transmutation.com.au

Attachments:

starter
15/01/2019 at 05:26

Why everyone here is talking only about Precious Plastics… @dave don’t take this as an offence, till now I don’t know anything about your plastics concept, because I came here because of Modular Phones concept, PhoneBloks…

P.S.: As I am ignorant about Plastic concept and lazy on googling about it, can you about the main theme of plastic concept in one line?

warrior
15/01/2019 at 11:02

don’t be lazy @nisu99. You can be lazy on Facebook, not here..

starter
16/01/2019 at 04:27

@davehakkens Actually I am not that lazy as you think of… I really don’t know anything about Precious Plastics as I came here because of your modular phone idea… All I just needed a right start of knowing what is Precious Plastics…

Actually, I found that my right start by myself on here: https://preciousplastic.com/en/videos/intro.html

That’s why I ask for one line start, not to explain.

BTW I don’t use Facebook… 🙂

new
16/01/2019 at 15:06

Hi, can i visit your workshop here in NL? To personally see what you do. I will be heading back to the philippines in a few weeks so i hope there will be an opportunity. I will also start a precious plastic workshop in the philippines as soon as i head back home.

starter
16/01/2019 at 23:25

@davehakkens any answer on my PS question?  I want to find a solution for handling EPS and have done a fair bit of research on the Internet but was wondering if the community have come up with a way to process it easily.  I will experiment as well and let everyone know.

starter
17/01/2019 at 07:11

Mr. Hakkens,

I’ve been watching your project for a long time and really wanted to take on recycling for 2 years now.

I have always wondered how you made that safari-esque hat seen here. I know you used the extrusion machine but how? My best guess besides magic is that you cut out a hole in a piece of plywood for someone’s head to partly stick out of and you worked with them on a turntable.

I have finally come across all the tools needed to commit to making an extruder and shredder but I will have to source some money, but that can be done.

Anyway, cheers from California!

starter
17/01/2019 at 07:13

Mr. Hakkens,

I’ve been watching your project for a long time and really wanted to take on recycling for 2 years now.

I have always wondered how you made that safari-esque hat seen here around 2:10. I know you used the extrusion machine but how? My best guess besides magic is that you cut out a hole in a piece of plywood for someone’s head to partly stick out of and you worked with them on a turntable.

I have finally come across all the tools needed to commit to making an extruder and shredder but I will have to source some money, but that can be done.

Anyway, cheers from California! (sorry about the duplication, I realized just after i clicked upload that i forgot the link and thought it didn’t post and I didn’t check)

Viewing 8 replies - 301 through 308 (of 308 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.