We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Ask Me Anything

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 410 replies, has 324 voices, and was last updated by  peter breekelmans 2 weeks ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Ask Me Anything

20/11/2016 at 02:15

This topic is for you community. The place to ask me anything.
Favorite project, best holiday, what motivates me, what time I wake up, if i know square-dancing, everything goes here.
Have a look through the older questions ones because I won’t answer the same twice.

Shoot your questions 🙂

410 replies
140 subscribers
18 saved
25 likes
sort on date

In reply to: Ask Me Anything

new
27/11/2017 at 23:19

Hello,
Dave, I am sorry if I am asking you a question you have already answered before and I know you are busy so I’ll make this quick:

How much does it cost to buy the already assembled machine?

Greeting from Malawi-Africa!

new
27/11/2017 at 07:01

Hi Dave, this is Rubén from Ecuador, I just recently saw your video of making beams with plastics and I have a question about this process.

In order to know when the tube that works as a mold is full, the other side side of the tube must have a plate with a little hole to know when the pipe is full or you control the pressure or current in order to know when the pipe is full?

Thanks in advance for your attention

Regards

Rubén

starter
25/11/2017 at 08:47

Hi Dave.

It’s a amazing idea. Thank you for this.

You are EcoHero. 🙂

helper
24/11/2017 at 14:14

Hai dave..im razif from malaysia.i wonder when ur team will come to malaysia?..expecially in sarawak

helper
22/11/2017 at 11:59

G’day Dave, Would you have any objections to the setting up of a facebook page specifically for us aussies to flap our gums on and network locally, I am thinking about this as there looks to be a busload of us on here. The name would be on the lines of Precious Plastic Oz or similar. You would be chief moderator as the court of final apeal with a state moderator to look after the day to day running of their particular patch, would you like it to be an open or closed group? Just an idea. Merv

starter
22/11/2017 at 11:23

Hi all Any shredder around Amsterdam ?
I have 2 Big bags full of ABS from covers of old batteries
I like to shredd it Any maschines around amsterdam ? or close

starter
22/11/2017 at 05:37

incorrectly

starter
08/11/2017 at 04:18

Hi Dave, My sons (age 6 & 10) and I found your projects online today and we’re super inspired.

We also love your beautiful eyes, but can’t work out what colour they are. So are they green, grey, blue or very light brown?!

warrior
06/11/2017 at 21:38

@yshubham788gmail-com maybe I can help. message me.

warrior
06/11/2017 at 21:36

@brillus follow the link below to get the blueprints in the download pack

https://preciousplastic.com/en/videos/download.html

starter
06/11/2017 at 19:17

@plekke how do i link images ( on other webspace or www) in/to this forums ?

You cant link images, if you click them you see the full version. To include links simply paste them in the text field.

prevous it worked but…

vroeger werkte het wel , daarna plots niet meer .
vb ik heb een afbeelding op het www , ik post de link als reacte ( vb http://www.internet.be/foto.jpg )
vroeger stond de foto mooi in de reactie , nu niet meer

ps de oude fotos staan nog wel online op je forum , dus je kan/kon wel
zie mijn topic met imgur foto links die er toch degelijk staan

Shredder r

warrior
06/11/2017 at 17:09

@vish is there a way we can create an attachment in front of extrusion machine to make pellets out of extruded plastics?

Definitely with the extruder! Would love to have that as an add-on. Someone just needs to make it 🙂

new
06/11/2017 at 17:00

@dave, love what you have started and I envy the ease with which you are able to create super awesome machines :)! That said, you are extremely inspiring. With the help of your videos/download kit, I am trying to create your machines however I have a question, is there a way we can create an attachment in front of extrusion machine to make pellets out of extruded plastics?

starter
06/11/2017 at 10:52

Hello Dave
My name is Oladapo Babatunde a Nigerian, living in the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, I am a renewable energy consultant who believe in creating employment from waste while saving the environment and human from toxic from Landfills.
75% of Nigeria plastic waste end up in landfills. I have a strong believe that ur innovation will create jobs to unemployed youths but urban and rural people.

new
06/11/2017 at 06:58

How can i start my owm project here in India?

starter
05/11/2017 at 16:50

You can use the <link> option above?

Like so:

An image

starter
05/11/2017 at 16:10

Hi Dave, Thank you for creating such a wonderful platform. I would like to know and find a investor who can put up machines to convert waste plastic to useful items. I can run a campaign and make sure that this campaign succeeds.

starter
02/11/2017 at 19:43

hi,
i am a new user, how can i get the blue print of the extrusion machine

starter
31/10/2017 at 20:35

Hi Dave, I am from India and I live near a landfill. There is a lot of plastic lying all around. Most of it is burnt now-a-days since the landfill (which is a hill now) doesn’t have enough space for coming garbage everyday.

I know that there can be a lot that we can do out of this plastic waste. But I just wanted to know if this can be done.

Winter is coming. In India, many people die (especially children) due to cold. Government has set up night shelters, but the problem is that India is the 2nd most populated country in the world. Enough is never enough given so many people who need help.

People in the slums nearby sleep on the floor because they can’t afford to buy a bed, nor do they have space to place a bed for the entire time in their one-room huts. I was just playing around the idea if some durable foldable /portable plastic beds can be made out of plastic waste? I am not at all familiar with designing so I dont know how to go about it.

It would be great if you or anyone in this Army can lend me an idea of how to start this. What materials are required and what could be the cost of building such machines.

I have also seen videos of fabric being made out of plastic in huge Chinese factories. Kindly let me know if this can be done in a small scale.

I am happy that I discovered this community today 🙂

Regards
TheRightLady

starter
27/10/2017 at 06:24

sorry for the question, but can you send me the tecnicall drawind to buil the shredder machine please? [email protected]

starter
21/10/2017 at 19:48

hello from India.
your video making style is super.you should make some feature film.and i have some questions
1.per day(8 hours shift) recycling capacity(in kg) of shredder and other machines.
2.if you put how to recycle glass step by step it will be helpful because they are also Non biodegradable like plastic. thank you

warrior
20/10/2017 at 09:59

@ben264, There is a huge Download button on the website > here <

@lamicroverde, the drawings as well as the info you can get on the website is free to use. Add the flag for sure!

new
20/10/2017 at 09:53

Hi dave
Where can i find the blueprints for the machines i would like to try building them myself

Thanks
Ben

warrior
19/10/2017 at 20:36

@davehakkens @mattia-io @jerzeek,

You guys celebrating Halloween in any special way?

new
19/10/2017 at 20:26

incorrectly

starter
17/10/2017 at 22:55

Got any good tips to get started if you are a bit short on money?

helper
10/10/2017 at 17:25

What speed does the shredder run at? I have built mine and i think is is to fast
80 rpm. plastic jumps around and will not shred,

any idears

Ken
Tasmania, Australia

starter
02/10/2017 at 23:51

how do i link images ( on other webspace or www) in/to this forums ?

starter
28/09/2017 at 01:05

HELLO Dave. You are my hero. What do you think about recycling PS foam? I work for a polystyrene company and I love plastic. We control our waste but there’s so many uses for PS I am blown away by it’s versatile property. I will post pics of my foam block adventures. If anyone has questions on how foam is made send them to me. I am no expert but as I said I love plastic. Thanks again.

helper
22/09/2017 at 18:55

hi, i asked u a couple of questions but u did not answer.
ken

Viewing 30 replies - 301 through 330 (of 410 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪