We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Ask Me Anything

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 372 replies, has 289 voices, and was last updated by  Antonio 1 day ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Ask Me Anything

20/11/2016 at 02:15

This topic is for you community. The place to ask me anything.
Favorite project, best holiday, what motivates me, what time I wake up, if i know square-dancing, everything goes here.
Have a look through the older questions ones because I won’t answer the same twice.

Shoot your questions 🙂

372 replies
105 subscribers
12 saved
13 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Ask Me Anything

new
15/02/2019 at 19:48

bonjours Dave comment va tu? tout d’abord j’aimerai te félicité pour cette superbe initiative. c’est vraiment quelque chose de grand, révolutionnaire. Et tu à décidé de le partager avec le monde car tu à un œil sur l’avenir. Je te remercie. Je me nomme Blaise Sawadogo, je suis africain originaire du Burkina Faso, j’ai 27 ans, étudiant dans une institue de commerce. Bref! je suis un enthousiaste, je suis dynamique, mon seul défaut c’est l’impatience! je veux que les chose bouges rapidement. je souhaite réaliser de grandes chose dans mon pays et je souhaiterai me joindre à vous. je souhaite monter un atelier de valorisation des déchés et j’ai besoin de votre aide. Aidé moi a démarrer!

starter
20/02/2019 at 17:45

Hi,

Could you share your experience on toxic matters? Is there a potential risk to deal with toxic gases while melting plastic?
Thanks,
Orsi

new
24/02/2019 at 13:05

My names are Festus Munachilembe from Zambia. I would like to know how i can acquire a simple plastic shredding machine. i am not a machinist but advise how i can obtain one. i want to start up a business and i have a very big land to start my prom from. thanks

new
24/02/2019 at 13:07

I mean i have big land to start my project  please help

new
24/02/2019 at 13:20

Dear Dave,
I need your assistance on how I can acquire the plastic shredding machine. i want to start a project that can empower a lot of Zambians in this community. Please answer me even using my email address : [email protected]
I will appreciate your response
regar
festus

starter
25/02/2019 at 22:49

Go to the bazaar site or make your own according to the drawings!

starter
25/02/2019 at 23:11

Hi Dave, that’s what happened, thank you! I will show on YouTube, Pavel K.

Attachments:

starter
08/03/2019 at 17:37

Hello Dave
you can help me. where can I get laser cut groups in Indonesia or at the bazaar.
My location is Indonesia Surabaya East Java 60239 postal and 081234512003 my phone

new
20/03/2019 at 07:29

Hi Dave,
I have a small farm in Colombia, South America. I would like to buy the machinary to built a small reclycling system to deal with our own plastic waste. Where can I get it?

new
27/03/2019 at 18:51

buen día
estoy en el proceso de construcción de la maquina trituradora, pero presento una serie de inquietudes en cuanto a las cuchillas de la maquina:
1. en que tipo de material se fabrican las cuchillas de trituracion para que sean de buena resistencia?
2. aquí solo se consigue laminas de 4,5mm y 6mm no se consiguen de 5mm que podría hacer en ese caso?

espero me puedan colaborar con estas inquietudes

muchas gracias

warrior
28/03/2019 at 03:14

Can you share my Precious Plastic video?

I posted it elsewhere in the forums but no one saw it.

helper
28/03/2019 at 03:34

hola @jeffperez !

las cuchillas que figuran en los planos de la página son de acero inoxidable..

Creo que 4,5mm quedaría poco espacio en el triturador, con las de 6mm será un poco más grande.

saludos!

starter
03/04/2019 at 14:17

Hi Dave,

I was wondering if you could use a volunteer (me :D) to help you out once in a while?

In my daily life I work as a project manager at a branding agency for meaningful brands. I live literally 5 minutes away from your work space and I am eager to help you out in my free time and learn everything about your projects and the inspiring people of your community.

As a project manager I am a real ‘organized sapien’ so perhaps I can help you (and in particular your ‘organized sapien’) with planning and organizing. I used to work as a lawyer (long story), so perhaps I can also help out with legal issues.  Are there opportunities to contribute as a volunteer (in addition to my full-time job)?

Hope to hear from you,

Jacklien

new
05/04/2019 at 10:00

hey,
how calculation the  mechanical part and thermal part in injection machine
thank you 🙂

new
10/04/2019 at 15:26

Hello!!!
In Costa Rica we are conducting a campaign to raise funds to build machines to recycle plastic.
Can you share our campaign or contribute to it? Thank you!!!!
https://igg.me/at/6lh7qXOywsY/x/20679519

new
11/04/2019 at 07:29

I use Wix to build community web sites. I find it more flexible and innovative than WordPress. Better templates too

Attachments:

starter
15/04/2019 at 15:31

Hello,
I am from Kosovo (new partly recognized Country between Serbia and Albania)  and want to know how to get funded. I already wrote to some Organisations, one offered to give me Plastic, but not the funds for the machines. At least that is something! All I tried were local Organisations, so I was wondering if there are International Investors that can help me. I might not get the container for now, as I can use the space inside an old Factory that doesn’t work anymore since after the War. So I estimate I would need 5 000 Euros to complete the whole thing without the Container. But 1 000  Euros would get me started!
My personal question to you is, do you think Veganism is the more efficient way of recourse allocation when it comes to food? I think Vegans can have a smaller footprint. This is why I used to be vegan for three years. Have you ever tried to be Vegan? Please don’t take this question as a offense, I am just asking. I don’t judge people, I only want to see things from a scientific point of view.

starter
19/04/2019 at 20:55

I’m trying to start my idea of making necklaces with recycled plastic. Do you have an idea of how to make the beads for the necklaces in an easy and large way?

new
20/04/2019 at 03:51

We are trying to build a precious plastic on our campus, but I am struggling with how to get plastic out from the recycling system that already existed in our town. How can you get the material you want for reproduce?

starter
16/05/2019 at 18:34

May I get contacts of the organization which recently set up in Mozambique…need to benchmarking

new
22/05/2019 at 09:28

Hi Dave
Marius Jerling from Mauritius here. I am new. I arrived in Mauritius 6 months ago and I am working as an environmental management educator. Mauritius is in trouble. As a school we want to not just recycle but actually make new durable products with the plastic. I have seen the units that are made to shred and extrude, are they available as a whole unit or do we have to build it? I need help to get this started as soon as possible as this beautiful island nations will loose it’s appeal. Fly-tipping is rampant. We can create jobs and clean the island. I am interested in the processes as well as the prices of the equipment. I have manpower and funding. We need to act very soon. I hope you can help me or point me in the right direction. Much appreciated

Attachments:

starter
30/05/2019 at 18:15

Hey Dave,
I was wondering where you got the 3mm, 5mm, 6mm parts laser cut?
Ready to build here!

Thanks! 😀

starter
02/06/2019 at 17:53

Dag Dave.
Boet hier. Ik film…maar daarnaast run ik een jazz cafe in antwerpen. Daar wil ik graag nieuwe tafelbladen buiten van preciousplastic gaan maken. Mag ik een keer langs komen ?? Ik heb een aantal ideen voor de tafeltjes hier. En zou het eens willen bespreken om te zien wat er allemaal kan. DANK !

starter
10/06/2019 at 12:46

I want to create 3mm plastic sheets to make jewerly. Can I cut these sheets with a laser cut machine?

new
10/06/2019 at 14:04

Hi, Dave i was thinking about your idea of conteiners work.
whether you have been wondering about installing photovoltaic panels to become independent of the electricity supplier and at the same time make independent production points out of the containers.I think for myself how to put equipment in a van – I have to be mobile because of my clients and I will also install photovoltaic panels here.I think it’s a good idea to reduce environmental pollution.

starter
12/06/2019 at 02:09

Hello, Dave!

First of all, I want to say big thank you for this project. It’s really brilliant idea to share with others this information and I want to continue doing it!

My plan is making compost bins from recycling plastic.

It’s just my thought and my ideas. I don’t really now is it possible or not. That’s why I want to ask your opinion. How do you think machine for the big bins( 15-19 liters) can be prepared using this method( with oven and pressure)

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Have a great day!

Anna

starter
12/06/2019 at 04:52

I must say I am extremely upset…
(Listening to this on loop while I type https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHP-bpI7Ouw)

Ever since I learned of preciousplastic.com just have been taking the time incorporating those sets of facts about the possibilities of this world… gears, flywheels, springs, oscillations with weights and levers, etc.  5V systems, JavaScript, Policy Notes… goo.gl/WYJJtR

I have discussions on Facebook and people just insist on the solution is banning plastic…  I want to turn everybody into plastic smiths…  They do not comprehend, if you just spend a week collecting and scanning and take moments to think it through as to where to scan next… learn it… I am extremely poor (I have at most $10 in my bank account and have rarely had anything at all, a while since it’s been over $50)…  I could not find a job (you would think it should be extremely easy in this information era but I can explain the actual technical details and why it would be more possible for someone with money than someone without, despite it being purely artificial *aka software and hardware*)… my info I give people around town and online with the job posting sites or just directly… goo.gl/QxentU

Anyways, I’m sure my failure to find work has been because of all of my other policies (I’ve always assumed most people here have plenty of cash), not just because I think the Zeitgeist went out of their way to make recycling as boring as possible when they could have had your plastic smith containers everywhere…  It’s a population of people who have all just opted out of recycling being this totally other thing…  like the ability to make things has been removed from their subroutine protocols or something… smiths of other materials like carpenters probably agree on some level…

I say a good plot for a series of/or video game would be the non distorted story of the Matrix where there was this AI entity named Smith that infected everything but it wasn’t this nightmare because applied to this actual world everybody could be a plastic smith making bikes and yachts and generating power with weights, gears and levers, especially in the summer with fresnel lenses and an actual web app video game style software interaction that keeps you organized and explains how to do things and lists all of the popular options (can filter by price or forum activity or anything, source code rendered in the ACE cloud editor as an option in the dashboard)… I’m considering spending the last $10 on a grid of fresnel lenses from the dollar tree… rigid on the same plane and bounce the light from all of the focals to a single focal with mirrors… string on a spring so you can, by hand, pull off and on fresnel lenses from the grid to adjust the temperature to where it needs to be to melt the different types of plastics with the amount of sun you’re getting at that particular moment (plans on building the automation for that with JavaScript on a microcontroller, theoretically can be analog with the gear to thermistor synchronizations)…

I bet I could do it, but then there are all these other projects I could spend that money on…  if you found this post a giant joke, well, I guess I’ll laugh with you, but if anybody ever wants to actually do that…  well why not?

Attachments:

helper
12/06/2019 at 10:13

@mugglebornnerdyvegan; thanks for joining the army of awkward but alive people 😉 dude, as ignorant this sounds but try harder getting at job and finance your activities; there is currently no real other way than having one feet in the monetary world (i’ve seen hundreds of projects); you, your family and fellows will be thankful. btw. this kinda text can get you banned even here 😉

starter
12/06/2019 at 22:02

Just try harder… you’re not trying hard enough… I love how that’s the response (and nothing that addresses any of the details I mentioned, especially about the information era or job posting sites), just try harder on this thing you can never independently verify… it’s like me claiming you can achieve enlightenment if you just spend the next thirty years meditating outside a Buddhist temple, what? it hasn’t worked for you yet? try harder…  keep digging until you find the crucified dwarf clan mummified in gold silk, what? haven’t found them yet?  keep digging…  keep applying until you find someone who will give you a job, what? you’ve sent out hundreds/thousands of applications? keep trying…

This is the information era and this economy is blatantly fake (millions of human vending machines in this country alone)… if you want to have a real conversation about the actual reasons why someone like me would have a hard time finding work, I’m all for it, but your comment is just not intellectually honest…  Otherwise perhaps we can talk about ways to create work, do people never start projects with others on preciousplastic.com ?

Viewing 30 replies - 331 through 360 (of 372 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.