We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Ask Me Anything

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 410 replies, has 324 voices, and was last updated by  peter breekelmans 2 weeks ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Ask Me Anything

20/11/2016 at 02:15

This topic is for you community. The place to ask me anything.
Favorite project, best holiday, what motivates me, what time I wake up, if i know square-dancing, everything goes here.
Have a look through the older questions ones because I won’t answer the same twice.

Shoot your questions 🙂

410 replies
140 subscribers
18 saved
25 likes
sort on date

In reply to: Ask Me Anything

new
19/03/2017 at 17:01

Hey Dave! Do you have any video’s of using the compression machine? If so please share with me. 🙂

starter
19/03/2017 at 04:08

Do you know rainbow gatherings? Do you like to have a clown nose?

new
13/03/2017 at 11:52

Hi Dave

I would like to set up coffeebars with your machines, so people can come in and create something for their own or something to sell whilst they’re drinking a coffee.

Feel free to contact me so we can work together…

[email protected]

Groetjes
Christine

warrior
10/03/2017 at 16:30

@milk Do you have a section in the community for Documentation/Written-tutorials/stuff to read?

Not yet, currently we are more focussed on video. WOuld always be great to have additional option, but we simply haven’t got the manpower to organise that.

@patrickr When next your are in Africa or Asia ask of organic shampoo (no chemical additives). they are really good.

Not a questions but I appreciate the tip

@dtremmel Then I ask you: do you know another process for PET recycling instead of the heating one?

You can work with PET on a small scale, however its much easier to progress for the industry. Just to make life easier I would suggest to start of with another type of plastic. Also because if there would be any plastic recycling going on already on an industrial level, it would probably be PET. There is more work to be done on PE and PP.

@kishoregandhi So please help me out , I promise to be delegated at work .

Sorry man, i’m not able to help out everyone individually. It should be clear watching our videos, if you still have any questions feel free to post a topic in our forum.s Good luck! 🙂

new
24/12/2018 at 18:43

big data projects for cseAntenna Based Projectsmedical electronics projects in bangaloreraspberry pi projects using pythonImage Processing Projects Using Pythonmatlab based projects for ece final yearsignal processing projects using matlabimage processing projects using matlabIEEE Projects Based on Data MiningIEEE Projects in Data MiningIEEE Projects for CSEIEEE Projects for CSE Based on Data MiningIEEE Projects for CSE in Data Miningcloud computing projects for final year studentsIEEE Projects for CSE in Cloud ComputingPython Projects in bangaloreArduino Projects for CSEarduino projects in bangaloreArduino Projects for Final Yearieee projects for cse in big datastructural engineering projects for btech studentsstructural engineering projects for final year studentsMechanical projects for final yearIEEE Projects for ECESchool Model Projectwireless sensor networks projects for csewireless sensor networks projects for csewireless sensor networks projects for final yearIOT Projects Using Arduino UNOArduino Projects Bangalorefinal year projects for computer science on machine learningFinal Year Projects for CSE in IOTfinal year projects for cse in cloud computingfinal year projects for cse diplomafinal year projects for cse in image processingfinal year projects for ecefinal year projects for ece based on vlsifinal year projects for ece based on iotfinal year projects for ece ieeefinal year projects for electrical engineering studentsCivil Engineering Projects for Final Year Studentstelecommunication projects for final year studentsinstrumentation projects for final year studentslabview projects for studentsmca mini projects in phpmca project in javamatlab projects on control systemieee projects for cseieee projects on pythonieee projects on data scienceeee projects on data miningieee projects on machine learningieee projects in bangaloreMtech projects on Machine Learningmtech projects on iotm tech project on wireless communicationmtech projects for csemtech projects based on matlabbca projectsbca mini projectsbca projects in javaEEE projects for final yearrobotic projects in bangaloreFinal Year Engineering ProjectsIEEE projects for final year ECEcomsol projectspower electronics projects for mtechpower system projects ieee

starter
02/05/2017 at 17:54

Hello @dave,
Am Arthur from Uganda-Africa, i had an idea or suggestion.
Since you guys hv a lot of e-waste than Africa than u can produce the machines cheaply, how about you make a ready to assemble machine like a shredder parts machine than we can buy at a cheaper price at the sametime contributing to your mission.

starter
27/04/2017 at 14:05

@davehakkens Pls how can I get the plastic shredding blades I mean the full cutting section parts from you. I will pay for the delivery to my place in Nigeria. No place to get them over here. Thanks

new
28/11/2019 at 16:23

hoi davce , alles goed ?it’s a sugestion about the motors…. the motor for the shredder could also be used for the extruder ..i guess ? double use —less costly…??

new
28/11/2019 at 14:07

Hello there, I’ve just discovered your YouTube and your army, I’m just overwhelmed, I’ve a question about the durable tote bag video, is it possible to use a heat press machine instead of the iron? And also how rigid is the bag ? Waiting for your answer and any further advice or help, thanks in advance.

new
14/11/2019 at 13:35

Hi, I want to implement plastic recycling in my city. I myself am from Russia and wanted to know where you ordered the parts for the shredder? I want to collect everything myself because I do not have a big budget and do not have the opportunity to buy all the necessary machines.

new
07/11/2019 at 02:45

I don’t know where to start.. I’m finding the process a bit confusing but I LOVE the concept and will be adapting a facility here in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada.  Just need some more input, can we schedule a call?  This is great!!

new
30/10/2019 at 22:55

@mirly, it’s basically an outdated & abandoned version of WordPress & Buddypress ( community/forum part) and a bunch of plugins. I can recommend same but please updated all – if you use the WordPress ‘Enfold’ theme from ‘Envato’ and a bunch of other recommended WordPress plugins you will be more than fine, in many aspects. I occasionally clone precious-plastic.org  for some users. let me know via private message. Authoring and social integration is a piece of cake, just as many other things : instagram integration, analytics, real-time user session recording …name it. I can imagine to migrate the v3/v4 themes into that clone,..

new
18/09/2019 at 10:38

new
28/07/2019 at 15:45

Hi Dave, what if I want to buy a shredder machine from you? I ma based in Zambia.
Thanks

starter
11/07/2019 at 01:24

Hello Dave I would like to launch the project in GABON, just waiting for you.

Attachments:

new
13/06/2019 at 00:23

@mugglebornnerdyvegan, despite this thread is since long abandoned, please open  another thread, thanks.

starter
12/06/2019 at 22:02

Just try harder… you’re not trying hard enough… I love how that’s the response (and nothing that addresses any of the details I mentioned, especially about the information era or job posting sites), just try harder on this thing you can never independently verify… it’s like me claiming you can achieve enlightenment if you just spend the next thirty years meditating outside a Buddhist temple, what? it hasn’t worked for you yet? try harder…  keep digging until you find the crucified dwarf clan mummified in gold silk, what? haven’t found them yet?  keep digging…  keep applying until you find someone who will give you a job, what? you’ve sent out hundreds/thousands of applications? keep trying…

This is the information era and this economy is blatantly fake (millions of human vending machines in this country alone)… if you want to have a real conversation about the actual reasons why someone like me would have a hard time finding work, I’m all for it, but your comment is just not intellectually honest…  Otherwise perhaps we can talk about ways to create work, do people never start projects with others on preciousplastic.com ?

new
12/06/2019 at 10:13

@mugglebornnerdyvegan; thanks for joining the army of awkward but alive people 😉 dude, as ignorant this sounds but try harder getting at job and finance your activities; there is currently no real other way than having one feet in the monetary world (i’ve seen hundreds of projects); you, your family and fellows will be thankful. btw. this kinda text can get you banned even here 😉

starter
10/02/2019 at 15:40

hey @david5565 i am a mechanical engineer from India and making plastic recycling machines for my final year project.first i thought of making precious plastic shredder but the laser cutting was costly and we are tight on budget so i took inspiration from a plastic granulator. all of my parts are cut by gas cutting and are welded together.finishing was done by a shaper and grinder machine. you can follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/preciousplastic.india/
hope this helps.
Greetings from India.

helper
09/02/2019 at 15:04

Hi there,
why was this particular revolving muti-teardrop design chosen for the shredder?
I have struggled to produce the parts and they are relatively hard without the laser cutters who happen to be few and costly here in Nigeria.
Has anyone tried cutting the parts with an oxy-gas torch? How did it go?
I want a heads up before i try.
Thanks

new
09/02/2019 at 02:01

I can’t seem to pin myself.  I’ve gone through the process 3 times and each time it records my introduction sentences but the pin isn’t placed.  Any advice on how to get myself on the map for the precious plastics site would be much appreciated!

new
06/02/2019 at 21:24

Dave, Nice work!! If i wanted to build a shop, what should i budget for getting the machines cut out? How many hours and how much in steel…

starter
05/02/2019 at 23:11

Hi!I have been following a few of your videos trying to take some inspiration.I noticed in this particular video you are wrapping the plastic around a metal mould and you easily remove the plastic from it.When I try to wrap the plastic around metal moulds, as it cools down it squeezes against the mould and it becomes really challenging to remove it without damaging the piece.Do you have any suggestions as to how to get the finished product out of it’s mould easily?

Attachments:

starter
05/02/2019 at 22:34

Hola, hay algún proyecto de vehículos modulares, así como el teléfono? y si lo hay , donde puedo anotarme para ingresar?

starter
02/02/2019 at 01:18

Hey man – you’ve got a spammer in the project idea form. Might want to check that out.

Cheers!

starter
01/02/2019 at 17:20

Hello,
I’m at Hague and I really need to visit the workplace in the City.

starter
30/01/2019 at 15:52

Hi Dave,

first of all: Thank you for all your projects! I appreciate your engagement and your attitude! Great Job!

I would like to visit the workspace in Eindhoven and get in contact with you guys. Is there a time during the week when it makes sense to come alone for a chat?

Thanks

Ingo 🙂

new
27/01/2019 at 06:19

Why not combining project kamp, with solving a food waste?

starter
23/01/2019 at 05:28

@panamaid

Just in the interest of trying to talk to someone who’s part of the problem, I’d really like to get your feedback… do you think military personnel are morally responsible for incorporating the policy decisions for how the military is used in terms of their choice to be in the military?   Like does the idea of Justice and Ethics have any weight whatsoever for you?

starter
23/01/2019 at 05:10

@panamaid
don’t waste your time with intellectual honesty no, god forbid lol

Viewing 30 replies - 361 through 390 (of 410 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪