We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Ask Me Anything

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 410 replies, has 324 voices, and was last updated by  peter breekelmans 1 week ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Ask Me Anything

20/11/2016 at 02:15

This topic is for you community. The place to ask me anything.
Favorite project, best holiday, what motivates me, what time I wake up, if i know square-dancing, everything goes here.
Have a look through the older questions ones because I won’t answer the same twice.

Shoot your questions 🙂

410 replies
140 subscribers
18 saved
25 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Ask Me Anything

new
13/09/2019 at 17:43

Hi am from india any ptojet here ?

new
16/09/2019 at 06:36

Hi! I’m a peruvian interior design student. I have a project in way, it basically is a pen made by cocoa. I saw that you had a similar project, which is pretty cool because I am struggling making the mold, I hope you can help me with some advices. You work it’s  so cool! i like it 🙂

starter
17/09/2019 at 16:21

Good morning,

I live and work in the US and am working with a local neighborhood association to acquire land to put a Precious Plastics MakerSpace on. I am in search of information from those that have done something similar or at least in process of using machines. Basically not wanting to have an area become a dumping ground for local plastics.

In general, am looking for help with the following:

* How much space is required around MakerSpace so doesn’t become overwhelming in small space and have room to work?

* How do you collect plastic to ensure doesn’t become local dumping ground?

* What types of plastic do you collect- at least to start out with? (is it limited to only plastic bags, etc.)

*How much plastic should be expected on a weekly basis and how much can you process with one machine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

starter
17/09/2019 at 22:24

What can we do with the PET resin? I haven’t seen any thing made from PET

new
18/09/2019 at 10:38

starter
19/09/2019 at 05:08

Hi Dave how are you? I woek in a optic store so i collect the demo lenses and the case bags i want to know what type of plastic is that and how can i turn them into recycled products .?

new
21/09/2019 at 19:24

What is the easiest thing to do to get started helping?

starter
23/09/2019 at 01:50

hello,
i am dasol who are making a plastic product in korea.
I’m trying to understand which type of plastic can easily make and safe and there are three things which are PP, HDPE, PET.
Basically, my heating process is that I heated first and put it out from the oven, and mixing and compressing.
with this kind of process, PP, HDPE is good enough.
but there is one problem about flat.
you can see the picture, the face is rugged not flat.
i’d like to ask about this to all of plastic armies!how should I make it flat? is it heating problem? or compressing problem?
also, PET is very hard to press with out heating.
when is put out from the oven, it’s going to hard very fast.
do you have any idea of make PET still melt when it put out from the oven?

i am looking forwards your response.
thank you for reading.

Attachments:

starter
24/09/2019 at 16:59

Hi Dave,

How are you? I’m Fabien who manage a MJC (youth and cultur Center) in France. We’re launching the PP Project with some University Student in Metz (57000). i hope they’ll join the community and participate to the forum and the french discord. The 4 machines will be done in april 2020.

We are also about to start at the end of september a crowfunding with ulule to finalise the budget.

So i have Some simply questions : 1/ Do you know when the version 4 will be on line? 2/ Have you somes french vidéo that we can use for the ulule campaign? 3/ Do You think it’s possible that you come in France in april 2020 to participate to the inauguration, with maybe few day just after to talk and exchange on the PP project. It’ll be very helpfull for our start. Your date will be our.

I’m sure the crowfunding will be a success, so i would make a level on ulule who make possible to make you come (and take on my budget all the cost train, hotel, meals). But of course i must ask you first.

I hope too that with the level of the ulule campaign, we can make a donation to the PP project (i see that you have some kind of money issue)

I’m avalaible to talk about that if you have any question.

Fabien MJC 4 Bornes

P.S. : sorry for the english scratch, my englsih is a little rusty

new
29/09/2019 at 01:56

hola a todos soy nuevo y quisiera contribuir con el planeta. me gustaría construir 10 maquina recicla-doras para donarlas a las escuelas publicas de mi comunidad. si son tan amables de enviarme las dimensiones de la maquina trituradora.tengo materiales para construirlas pero no soy bueno con los números. espero me ayuden a contribuir ya que aquí en Venezuela pocos se preocupan por el planeta y quisiera darle charlas a los profesores y niños para de poquito concientizar a mi comunidad gracias. ayudemos a nuestro planeta….¡ soy un mecánico humilde que se preocupa por el planeta….

starter
04/10/2019 at 03:19

Can you guys set one up in Northern California?

new
13/10/2019 at 14:05

Can we have a update on the Maldives project

new
30/10/2019 at 03:13

Hi Dave am martin from nairobi kenya, Do you know a  cheap if not free designer who can design a mould for my ideas, and what metal is the most affordable to make a mould ?

new
30/10/2019 at 03:30

hi dave, martin from nairobi what metal do you use to make your molds? and what mold release do you recommend?

new
30/10/2019 at 20:55

Hi Dave!
I’m busy to creating my own community online for my project TOOBUS.
I was wondering how you designed your website/ community part.
U used software; HTML…?
I tried it before with software but didn’t reached further than them ugly designed pages. We already builded the biggest part of our website so this is the last one.
Thanks!

new
30/10/2019 at 22:55

@mirly, it’s basically an outdated & abandoned version of WordPress & Buddypress ( community/forum part) and a bunch of plugins. I can recommend same but please updated all – if you use the WordPress ‘Enfold’ theme from ‘Envato’ and a bunch of other recommended WordPress plugins you will be more than fine, in many aspects. I occasionally clone precious-plastic.org  for some users. let me know via private message. Authoring and social integration is a piece of cake, just as many other things : instagram integration, analytics, real-time user session recording …name it. I can imagine to migrate the v3/v4 themes into that clone,..

new
07/11/2019 at 02:45

I don’t know where to start.. I’m finding the process a bit confusing but I LOVE the concept and will be adapting a facility here in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada.  Just need some more input, can we schedule a call?  This is great!!

new
14/11/2019 at 13:35

Hi, I want to implement plastic recycling in my city. I myself am from Russia and wanted to know where you ordered the parts for the shredder? I want to collect everything myself because I do not have a big budget and do not have the opportunity to buy all the necessary machines.

new
28/11/2019 at 14:07

Hello there, I’ve just discovered your YouTube and your army, I’m just overwhelmed, I’ve a question about the durable tote bag video, is it possible to use a heat press machine instead of the iron? And also how rigid is the bag ? Waiting for your answer and any further advice or help, thanks in advance.

new
28/11/2019 at 16:23

hoi davce , alles goed ?it’s a sugestion about the motors…. the motor for the shredder could also be used for the extruder ..i guess ? double use —less costly…??

Viewing 20 replies - 391 through 410 (of 410 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪