We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Ask Me Anything

Tagged: , ,

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Ask Me Anything

20/11/2016 at 02:15

This topic is for you community. The place to ask me anything.
Favorite project, best holiday, what motivates me, what time I wake up, if i know square-dancing, everything goes here.
Have a look through the older questions ones because I won’t answer the same twice.

Shoot your questions 🙂

415 replies
141 subscribers
18 saved
26 likes
sort on date

In reply to: Ask Me Anything

starter
09/07/2019 at 19:09

Hello Dave! I’m a new member of the community and have some questions: do get started, do I have to purchase the machines or build them myself? I just want to get all the process to start as soon as possible 🙂
Thank you!

warrior
19/06/2019 at 15:20

@sahelfablab
Best way to start would be to start a new topic in the
Welcome! Meet eachother forum, in which you introduce yourself.

Please do try to keep ‘plastic recycling’ in mind in any published activity, as that is what this community is about!

You already put yourself on the map so local people can already find you.
Maybe add your website to your profile?

And participate in the the community.
Give the community your view on questions and problems we face.
The community is global, but so is the problem we are trying to deal with.

starter
19/06/2019 at 15:04

We would like to publish the activities of our organization on your platform. What is the procedure to follow? thank you

new
27/03/2019 at 18:51

buen día
estoy en el proceso de construcción de la maquina trituradora, pero presento una serie de inquietudes en cuanto a las cuchillas de la maquina:
1. en que tipo de material se fabrican las cuchillas de trituracion para que sean de buena resistencia?
2. aquí solo se consigue laminas de 4,5mm y 6mm no se consiguen de 5mm que podría hacer en ese caso?

espero me puedan colaborar con estas inquietudes

muchas gracias

new
24/02/2019 at 13:05

My names are Festus Munachilembe from Zambia. I would like to know how i can acquire a simple plastic shredding machine. i am not a machinist but advise how i can obtain one. i want to start up a business and i have a very big land to start my prom from. thanks

new
30/11/2018 at 07:30

Hi Dave,

I am an artist based in Los Angeles. I have tried contacting the workspaces in LA (that are on the map) to see if I can visit in person and see if the machines are accessible but so far no luck with anyone. Is there any other way I can reach out to them?

Also, if I were to start build the machines myself with a collaborator how long would it take to build all the machines and I guess how “easy” it is for non-builders?

Thanks for building an awesome community and look forward to hear back!

starter
25/09/2018 at 16:34

Hi Dave i’m happy to show you the Extruder i have made my-self with reference of your blueprints . Thank you for sharing that. Please have a look of my Extruder and i have recently completed this and planning for making beams currently. I will keep updating as and when i do my first step of making things out of this.

Thank you and good day.

Rajan.

Attachments:

starter
23/09/2018 at 17:12

Hoi Dave,
Vanmorgen kwam ik in contact met iemand die op een bevlogen manier aan de slag is gegaan met het opruimen van plastic in een township in de buurt van Durban, Zuid-Afrika. De mensen daar hebben niets dan alleen afval met daarin veel plastic. Wat zou het gaaf zijn als het afval wordt opgeruimd en er tegelijkertijd een inkomstenbron gaat ontstaan voor deze mensen. Ik heb indirect daar ter plaatse contacten en zou graag info willen over de manier waarop jouw project daar ingezet kan worden. Help! Hoe krijg ik dit van de grond?

starter
16/09/2018 at 15:42

Hi Dave, I have some other project thay may interest you for the same cause!
Is there any other contact, skype or something like this?
Thank you and take care 😉

warrior
10/08/2018 at 11:16

@hiteshpamnani hey hitesh i am a machine builder from India and I can help you with your machine requirements. Its always good to see more and more Indians interested in recycling plastic to get rid of the waste

starter
26/06/2018 at 12:38

Hi Dave,

I’am a maker (I make mostli kifes, machines and plastic recycled objects) and I will be student at the DAE next year. Searching a place where I can develop my activity and live for the next 3 years, I found the plugin city 2.0 project. I saw that you installed a contener of PP there. Is it possible to become a plugger there? If so where should I ask?

Ho and in few words, what do you think of the scool?

Thanks by advance, looking forward to the the precious plastic Container if it still there!

starter
15/06/2018 at 14:05

Hi Dave
Have you or are you going to design a twin shaft shredder anytime soon

Cheers
Bill

new
17/04/2018 at 16:55

Hi Dave, I have a question about recycling and waste.

After I complete the process of recycling water bottles (for example) and reusing the plastic to turn it into new products, what happens when the life of that new product ends? What happens when it becomes waste? Does it take longer to decompose now that it’s harder? Or is can we recycle the new products a second time? And how many times can we reuse this material?

Thank you!
🙂

starter
22/03/2018 at 20:15

Hi Dave am Kabucho from Nairobi,Kenya. I run a 3D printing start-up and am interested to know how I can collaborate with the Kisii team so I can access the extruder and filament, for PET bottle recycling initiative that I have.

starter
30/01/2018 at 18:13

Hello Dave.

So it may look like I will get some funding to start the project.

if this is the case, where would you start with a project of this magnitude.

what would take priority, the location, container, machines?

starter
30/01/2018 at 16:36

Is it possible to scale up the injection moulding machine to cast bigger blocks?

starter
08/01/2018 at 20:14

Hello my name is Josh, I am living in Tulum, I have a workshop and tools here and work with plastic waste.

warrior
30/11/2017 at 17:04

@demeter-levyke I am not Dave but the quick answer to your quick question is Yes!

new
16/11/2017 at 17:45

Hello everyone – I run a coompany that cleans up festivals and we recycle what we can. I am looking to buy the machines to run this project and hope to be able to recycle water bottles at festivals and turn them into beer cups for the people to buy beer. I dont think i will find the time to build these machines myself and so i really just want to buy them

has anyone started building the machines for sale yet??

thanks for your help

feidhlim

starter
28/10/2017 at 14:28

Hi & Thanks Dave, very grateful to be here. I’m very interested in the precious plastic project where you’ve kindly shared your startup knowledge.
Question
How do I find out the total cost calculations for the recycing workshop?

Kindest regards, Daniel.

helper
29/09/2017 at 08:56

Good day. I write to you from Belarus, it’s between Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland)))

Tell me please, can I translate your video (voice video) into Russian, and distribute the video on my YouTube channel. With links on for
http://onearmy.world
https://preciousplastic.com
http://next.preciousplastic.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/hakopdetak

P.S. I already started translating the site

25/06/2017 at 17:54

Have you thought of developing an app for this site?☺️

warrior
21/06/2017 at 21:20

@davehakkens,

When should we celebrate Precious Plastic birthday? I guess this could be a thing around the world now, when we either:

1. Party to celebrate Dave, his creations and overall current success of this project.
or
2. Organise world plastic collection day at local PP branches, that could be a good publicity move?

new
16/06/2017 at 08:13

There is no option to pay through debit card or net banking for donating

starter
06/06/2017 at 20:59

Bro – left field question. What’s your favourite dinosaur?

new
02/06/2017 at 17:39

hello dave you have really inspired me to do alot more with recycling plastic and i love what you have created.
i just wanted to ask if you have a life view or what it may be? also if i could suggest a certain life view for people who are searching for one! hope you are well 🙂

thank you

new
28/05/2017 at 20:18

Hello Dave, go on like this.

warrior
10/05/2017 at 22:11

@zonca-slazakowska So my question is do you have a not so expensive contact for the laser cut ? Maybe in you country is not as expensive as in ours ? or any idea how to do it for the lover price ?

Have a look at this topic to see where others source them, or browse around in the forums to join a group order. For instance this one in Germany

@denfer007 When will we be able to translate our website into our favorite language ?

We would love that, but we need to build a system for that first. However we haven’t found the time yet. Have a look at this topic for more information

@loes When I am next in the Netherlands (in June) down from Panama, can I visit your workshop?

Sounds fun, however we don’t really do social visit. They take a way quite some time, which we rather spend on development. If you are around in October you should definitely drop by when we launch V3 though 😀

@mak383 I can donate a bit of my time to contribute in any way.

Not really a question but thanks for the offer! Maybe you can help out with our shredder in this topic?

@patrick-ecospecsolutions Have you ever considered recycling high density styrofoam

yes, doable! The machines are not super optimize for it though, could be done more efficient.

starter
10/05/2017 at 03:05

Have you ever considered recycling high density styrofoam? I’ve been using Insulated foam blocks for construction and have generated a lot of waste. The brand I use is called Nudura ICF.

starter
05/05/2017 at 10:49

Hi Dave, Great initiative! Just stopping by to offer my help with anything related to mechanical design, 3D models, fabrication drawings, instructions, opinions, ideas, calculations…etc.

I’m a mechanical engineer and have been working in industrial applications for a few years. But would also like to be part of something more important.

I can donate a bit of my time to contribute in any way.

Thanks for creating this platform

P.S.: The offer goes to anyone that could use a bit of help in these kind of projects 🙂

MAK

Viewing 30 replies - 31 through 60 (of 415 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪