We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Ask Me Anything

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 398 replies, has 313 voices, and was last updated by  dasol 20 hours ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Ask Me Anything

20/11/2016 at 02:15

This topic is for you community. The place to ask me anything.
Favorite project, best holiday, what motivates me, what time I wake up, if i know square-dancing, everything goes here.
Have a look through the older questions ones because I won’t answer the same twice.

Shoot your questions 🙂

398 replies
126 subscribers
16 saved
21 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Ask Me Anything

starter
02/10/2017 at 23:51

how do i link images ( on other webspace or www) in/to this forums ?

new
05/10/2017 at 11:00

Hello from India,

I am currently working in project related to waste generated in medical industry. Would love to hear your views on it as its something we really require but its also causing harm to environment.

helper
10/10/2017 at 17:25

What speed does the shredder run at? I have built mine and i think is is to fast
80 rpm. plastic jumps around and will not shred,

any idears

Ken
Tasmania, Australia

starter
17/10/2017 at 22:55

Got any good tips to get started if you are a bit short on money?

new
19/10/2017 at 20:26

incorrectly

warrior
19/10/2017 at 20:36

@davehakkens @mattia-io @jerzeek,

You guys celebrating Halloween in any special way?

new
19/10/2017 at 22:21

Hello,thank you for inspiration and information.
Im looking for technichal information for building machines for masive educational moving proyect.We have a old Thomas School bus destinated to educational “green” proyect and we love your work! Can I put your “bag flag” and Website in our bus?
We want to show a lot of things make with trash and show one machine in work and a lot of another educational things in order to create ecologic conciense.
The acces to Download plans is free? We want to atart right now….My juice machine was broken…now is thas to recicle…help!

new
20/10/2017 at 09:53

Hi dave
Where can i find the blueprints for the machines i would like to try building them myself

Thanks
Ben

warrior
20/10/2017 at 09:59

@ben264, There is a huge Download button on the website > here <

@lamicroverde, the drawings as well as the info you can get on the website is free to use. Add the flag for sure!

starter
21/10/2017 at 19:48

hello from India.
your video making style is super.you should make some feature film.and i have some questions
1.per day(8 hours shift) recycling capacity(in kg) of shredder and other machines.
2.if you put how to recycle glass step by step it will be helpful because they are also Non biodegradable like plastic. thank you

starter
23/10/2017 at 13:01

Hello Dave.

I am a high school Physics Teacher in Zamboanga Sibugay,Philippines. I have been doing some research with some of my students like creating simple machines that are helpful in the community especially for the good of the environment. I really love recycling, all projects that I assigned to students are all recyclables. As of this time, we already had our manual paper shredder and I really wanted to make this plastic recycling workspace as tandem for our school for this will serve as my action research and Thesis as well in my master’s degree..Will this be ok?..Please help me also find people here in the Philippines who already created their machines so I will be guided on how i can easily create the machines…I am really dying to have one of these 😉

Thanks…looking forward to your response.

new
24/10/2017 at 19:53

Hey dave, ik zat dwdd te kijken en je ogen kwamen mij bekend voor, maar kon het nog niet plaatsen. Totdat ik je naam hoorde en wist ik het direct. Sint lucas 2004/2005. Grappig om je weer te zien. Je bent goed bezig! Ga zo door! Groeten Jasper

Attachments:

starter
27/10/2017 at 06:24

sorry for the question, but can you send me the tecnicall drawind to buil the shredder machine please? [email protected]

starter
28/10/2017 at 14:28

Hi & Thanks Dave, very grateful to be here. I’m very interested in the precious plastic project where you’ve kindly shared your startup knowledge.
Question
How do I find out the total cost calculations for the recycing workshop?

Kindest regards, Daniel.

new
31/10/2017 at 18:24

Bonjour, maybe bad English…
In the frame of the “7th Continent” organization, we are working on plastic garbage observations, identification, ways to avoid and also chemical implications for living bodies and consequences for human beings health. We have found that from the millions of tons spilled in the world and mainly in the oceans, only one per cent is found in what is called Oceanic Gyres (5 Gyres). The 99 other % is lost, in fact under the form of micro and nano plastic particles. In that frame, we study chemical components released by the plastic material when put in small particles by the UV and wind and ocean movements. We also found that colouring items as well as texture items are added in important amounts in the usual plastic that we/you could recycle. These substances are not quantified neither qualified by the manufacturers because generally under patent secret. They are released when plastic goes in small particles, layer by layer. I personnally fear that these chemicals could be released as well in the processes that you propose for recycling. Plastic is modified when you heat or make extrusion and the chemical structure becomes different. I propose to discuss with you and inform of what we have found in terms of chemical analyses from usual materials as bottles, capsules, korks for usual products, in various colors : blue for the milk bottles, green for Badoit Water in France, braun for Nescafé etc. We would like to inform you on the dangers we found. Maybe it could prevent from intoxication if people are not aware of these facts. The project is partly funded by Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales Toulouse France and analyses are made by several French chemistry laboratories among which Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, Université de Rennes, etc. My purpose is to help, here and not destroy any initiative. Thank you for further consideration. With kind regards.

starter
31/10/2017 at 20:35

Hi Dave, I am from India and I live near a landfill. There is a lot of plastic lying all around. Most of it is burnt now-a-days since the landfill (which is a hill now) doesn’t have enough space for coming garbage everyday.

I know that there can be a lot that we can do out of this plastic waste. But I just wanted to know if this can be done.

Winter is coming. In India, many people die (especially children) due to cold. Government has set up night shelters, but the problem is that India is the 2nd most populated country in the world. Enough is never enough given so many people who need help.

People in the slums nearby sleep on the floor because they can’t afford to buy a bed, nor do they have space to place a bed for the entire time in their one-room huts. I was just playing around the idea if some durable foldable /portable plastic beds can be made out of plastic waste? I am not at all familiar with designing so I dont know how to go about it.

It would be great if you or anyone in this Army can lend me an idea of how to start this. What materials are required and what could be the cost of building such machines.

I have also seen videos of fabric being made out of plastic in huge Chinese factories. Kindly let me know if this can be done in a small scale.

I am happy that I discovered this community today 🙂

Regards
TheRightLady

starter
02/11/2017 at 19:43

hi,
i am a new user, how can i get the blue print of the extrusion machine

starter
05/11/2017 at 16:10

Hi Dave, Thank you for creating such a wonderful platform. I would like to know and find a investor who can put up machines to convert waste plastic to useful items. I can run a campaign and make sure that this campaign succeeds.

starter
05/11/2017 at 16:50

You can use the <link> option above?

Like so:

An image

new
06/11/2017 at 06:58

How can i start my owm project here in India?

starter
06/11/2017 at 10:52

Hello Dave
My name is Oladapo Babatunde a Nigerian, living in the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, I am a renewable energy consultant who believe in creating employment from waste while saving the environment and human from toxic from Landfills.
75% of Nigeria plastic waste end up in landfills. I have a strong believe that ur innovation will create jobs to unemployed youths but urban and rural people.

warrior
06/11/2017 at 16:30

Sorry for the late response here everyone. Got a few busy weeks with the launch of version 3 and our exhibition. But we are back on track! Also I noticed quite some questions about Precious Plastic, questions that are already explained on our website or in our FAQ. I’m not going to answer them, take some effort and read our documentation first. For the others again, sorry for the late reply!

@vk7dy
can u help with preperation of plastic b4 the shredder.

What do you mean with help? Australia is quite far away..

@mannyfrom-theblock
HELLO Dave. You are my hero. What do you think about recycling PS foam? I work for a polystyrene company and I love plastic. We control our waste but there’s so many uses for PS I am blown away by it’s versatile property. I will post pics of my foam block adventures. If anyone has questions on how foam is made send them to me. I am no expert but as I said I love plastic.

No specific solutions for foam yet. Altough it is simply Polystyrene the properties and ways how to deal with it are slightly different. But the request is high for this, very common to find all over the world. So i’d say time to start working on it! 🙂

@enigmerGood day. I write to you from Belarus, it’s between Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland)))Tell me please, can I translate your video (voice video) into Russian, and distribute the video on my YouTube channel. With links on for

Sure thing! The more people that can access the knowledge the better

@plekke how do i link images ( on other webspace or www) in/to this forums ?

You cant link images, if you click them you see the full version. To include links simply paste them in the text field.

@neelmehta
I am currently working in project related to waste generated in medical industry. Would love to hear your views on it as its something we really require but its also causing harm to environment.

Very little experience in that field, specially in India. I can imagine those plastics are quite specifically designed but it could also just be PP. I’d say try to find out a big waste stream and what type of plastic it is.

@vk7dy What speed does the shredder run at? I have built mine and i think is is to fast

Its in the blueprints, 70RPM. 80 should work though. Maybe start a topic and share some images + video. Easier for others to help out..

@ feffinir Got any good tips to get started if you are a bit short on money?

Hopefully map.preciousplastic.com will help you with that!

@jegor-m You guys celebrating Halloween in any special way?

We watch a documentary about Bob Marley and eat Estonian chocolate😅

@lamicroverde Can I put your “bag flag” and Website in our bus?

Hell yeah!

@sheilamarie As of this time, we already had our manual paper shredder and I really wanted to make this plastic recycling workspace as tandem for our school for this will serve as my action research and Thesis as well in my master’s degree..Will this be ok?.Please help me also find people here in the Philippines who already created their machines so I will be guided on how i can easily create the machines

I think you will break it, plastic is one of the toughest materials to shred. Paper is easy so the machine is probably used to…easy. Go to map.preciousplastic.com to find people in Philippines 🙂

@ jaspervk Hey dave, ik zat dwdd te kijken en je ogen kwamen mij bekend voor

Hahah epic!

@desjean In the frame of the “7th Continent” organization, we are working on plastic garbage observations, identification, ways to avoid and also chemical implications for living bodies and consequences for human beings health.

Very good to hear you are working on this topic, highly needed! I suggest to go to this topic and explain a bit more about your research. Would be great to go a bit more in depth.

@therightlady It would be great if you or anyone in this Army can lend me an idea of how to start this. What materials are required and what could be the cost of building such machines.

There are quite some people in the “India Area” on our map. I’d highly recommend to have a look there and get in touch with a local. Specially because they have a better understanding of local materials and market.

@wabisx My name is Oladapo Babatunde a Nigerian, living in the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, I am a renewable energy consultant who believe in creating employment from waste while saving the environment and human from toxic from Landfills.75% of Nigeria plastic waste end up in landfills. I have a strong believe that ur innovation will create jobs to unemployed youths but urban and rural people.

Not a question. But lets hope so 🙂

new
06/11/2017 at 17:00

@dave, love what you have started and I envy the ease with which you are able to create super awesome machines :)! That said, you are extremely inspiring. With the help of your videos/download kit, I am trying to create your machines however I have a question, is there a way we can create an attachment in front of extrusion machine to make pellets out of extruded plastics?

warrior
06/11/2017 at 17:09

@vish is there a way we can create an attachment in front of extrusion machine to make pellets out of extruded plastics?

Definitely with the extruder! Would love to have that as an add-on. Someone just needs to make it 🙂

starter
06/11/2017 at 19:17

@plekke how do i link images ( on other webspace or www) in/to this forums ?

You cant link images, if you click them you see the full version. To include links simply paste them in the text field.

prevous it worked but…

vroeger werkte het wel , daarna plots niet meer .
vb ik heb een afbeelding op het www , ik post de link als reacte ( vb http://www.internet.be/foto.jpg )
vroeger stond de foto mooi in de reactie , nu niet meer

ps de oude fotos staan nog wel online op je forum , dus je kan/kon wel
zie mijn topic met imgur foto links die er toch degelijk staan

Shredder r

warrior
06/11/2017 at 21:33

@therightlady I think for making beds the extruder machine can be of great help. you can make beams to make the frame of the bed.
I can help you with acquiring the machines locally. Message me if you need any help.

warrior
06/11/2017 at 21:36

@brillus follow the link below to get the blueprints in the download pack

https://preciousplastic.com/en/videos/download.html

warrior
06/11/2017 at 21:38

@yshubham788gmail-com maybe I can help. message me.

starter
08/11/2017 at 04:18

Hi Dave, My sons (age 6 & 10) and I found your projects online today and we’re super inspired.

We also love your beautiful eyes, but can’t work out what colour they are. So are they green, grey, blue or very light brown?!

warrior
08/11/2017 at 22:16

@margeryk We also love your beautiful eyes, but can’t work out what colour they are. So are they green, grey, blue or very light brown?!

haha o dear that is very offtopic. But I guess thats where this “Ask me Anything” is for 🙂
Its blue.

Viewing 30 replies - 91 through 120 (of 398 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪