We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Ask Me Anything

Tagged: , ,

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Ask Me Anything

20/11/2016 at 02:15

This topic is for you community. The place to ask me anything.
Favorite project, best holiday, what motivates me, what time I wake up, if i know square-dancing, everything goes here.
Have a look through the older questions ones because I won’t answer the same twice.

Shoot your questions 🙂

415 replies
141 subscribers
18 saved
26 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Ask Me Anything

helper
16/11/2017 at 14:59

Thank you Dave for mobilizing this project. You da Superman
!

new
16/11/2017 at 17:45

Hello everyone – I run a coompany that cleans up festivals and we recycle what we can. I am looking to buy the machines to run this project and hope to be able to recycle water bottles at festivals and turn them into beer cups for the people to buy beer. I dont think i will find the time to build these machines myself and so i really just want to buy them

has anyone started building the machines for sale yet??

thanks for your help

feidhlim

helper
18/11/2017 at 05:07

check out http://bazaar.preciousplastic.com, also the map has some machine builders on there, just not sure for your area.

starter
21/11/2017 at 12:10

Ciao Dave, I’m Patrick!
I’ve been following you since the phone-block and I admire your work. Actually, must admit that you have been of inspiration during all these years… I’m currently finishing my masters degree in building engineering and architecture and my thesis is actually based on your research. I carefully studied all your advancements and integrated it with academic stuff gathered here and there! The thesis, along with the childish desire to start doing my own plastic recycling, is the main reason I’m contacting you! See it might not be something innovating and mind blowing to read but if it can be of any use I can send to you my thesis… once its completed. It is divided into two parts: first is a engineering aproach to the material, the second is an architectural project that uses plastic, similar to your container.. but without the container! Anyhow I said enough for now.. maybe too much and you wont read it but HEY who knows… I hope you do!
Peace & prosperity!

starter
22/11/2017 at 05:37

incorrectly

starter
22/11/2017 at 05:41

I can’t seem to pin my address on the map, help…

starter
22/11/2017 at 11:23

Hi all Any shredder around Amsterdam ?
I have 2 Big bags full of ABS from covers of old batteries
I like to shredd it Any maschines around amsterdam ? or close

helper
22/11/2017 at 11:59

G’day Dave, Would you have any objections to the setting up of a facebook page specifically for us aussies to flap our gums on and network locally, I am thinking about this as there looks to be a busload of us on here. The name would be on the lines of Precious Plastic Oz or similar. You would be chief moderator as the court of final apeal with a state moderator to look after the day to day running of their particular patch, would you like it to be an open or closed group? Just an idea. Merv

starter
24/11/2017 at 09:10

Hello Dave,
I am Ruben from Cameroon in Africa. I got in touch with your project through YouTube and I must say I really like the idea. I’m french speaking so don’t bother for my bad english…
First of all I must say I like recycling but really don’t knox where to start. My community is suffering under the plastic waste and I sense it’s time to do something. I really want to start but where? How can I get the machines? If I have to buid them alone what do I need?
Really need a guide in this stuff… Nobody in my community seems to be concerned.
While wating,
Regards

helper
24/11/2017 at 14:14

Hai dave..im razif from malaysia.i wonder when ur team will come to malaysia?..expecially in sarawak

starter
25/11/2017 at 08:47

Hi Dave.

It’s a amazing idea. Thank you for this.

You are EcoHero. 🙂

new
27/11/2017 at 01:42

Hi, Dave n everyone , I’m Kuak from malaysia , I really like your concept because I also thought about making changes to environmental pollution so I really like to join your team and contribute to the earth

ps:I am sorry, my English is not very good, the above content is Google translate:)

new
27/11/2017 at 07:01

Hi Dave, this is Rubén from Ecuador, I just recently saw your video of making beams with plastics and I have a question about this process.

In order to know when the tube that works as a mold is full, the other side side of the tube must have a plate with a little hole to know when the pipe is full or you control the pressure or current in order to know when the pipe is full?

Thanks in advance for your attention

Regards

Rubén

new
27/11/2017 at 23:19

Hello,
Dave, I am sorry if I am asking you a question you have already answered before and I know you are busy so I’ll make this quick:

How much does it cost to buy the already assembled machine?

Greeting from Malawi-Africa!

starter
29/11/2017 at 01:33

Hello Dave

Do you know if the videos that you posted on the page can be viewed in Spanish or if they are translated into Spanish? Thank you very much!

Bye!

new
29/11/2017 at 22:10

Hi Dave.

First of all, I want to thank you for all your work, really have been an inspiration for me and many people in the world.

I am writing to you from Bogotá, Colombia, where we are about to start the construction project of the machines in one of the poorest neighborhoods hit by violence in the city.

With the project we are going to do a local business with which we seek not only to generate income for the population, but to build a scenario of peace, reconciliation and well-being.

We will use the profits to improve the quality of the neighborhood, build roads, support other projects and thus turn the neighborhood into an example of sustainable development and peace, something so necessary in Colombia at this time.

At this moment we are doing a crowdfunding campaign to get the money, I would really appreciate it if you allow me to share it in your networks and thus spread the message.

Again, a thousand and a thousand thanks!

here the link for crowdfunding:
http://littlebigmoney.org/es/ecoinnovo

new
30/11/2017 at 05:54

Hi Dave,

I’m based in Saigon, Vietnam and work for a Dutch travel company out here. As Sustainability Manager for Vietnam I had the idea of bringing together other travel companies to form an association of sorts for the advancement of responsible tourism here. We have now created IMPACT Vietnam. As part of our work here, I am looking for long term, larger scale projects that we can work side by side on and the idea of setting up a PP project is high on my list.

I have looked but couldn’t see anything, but do you have a short pp or pdf presentation that introduces Precious Plastic and how it works? I will be showing one of your videos as well, essentially I am pitching to a group of possible investors and would love some material to use.

Look forward to your reply soon, and keep up the immense work!

Nick

new
30/11/2017 at 16:46

Hey Dave! I have a quick question for you 🙂 Is it possible to use recycled plastic in 3d printers ?

warrior
30/11/2017 at 17:04

@demeter-levyke I am not Dave but the quick answer to your quick question is Yes!

starter
01/12/2017 at 08:04

Hi Dave,

You’re my Sintlucas Senior 😉
What subject(s) did you study in SL and DAE, and how much do you find the curriculum influenced you?

starter
02/12/2017 at 18:19

Hello Dave my name is Tomas I´mm new and I´m from El Salvador and obviously I have a counteless number of questions but I will start whith the basics. This project “precious plastic” is an open source of knowledge and great ideas but in every country the laws differ and requires a definition or directive under you initiate this efforts. So my question pops out in how this project could be started and introduced under a legal framework as a personal project, as a non gubernamental organization effort, a community project, etc

starter
03/12/2017 at 22:28

Hi Dave,
First of all THANK YOU for putting to work this great idea and pretty much helping to preserve the world that is going bananas for the future generations.

My question is: How can I get my city involved in recycling and creating new things like you are doing?

How can your idea be involved with my city recycling program?

Thank you.

Clara

starter
05/12/2017 at 20:47

Dave,

Blown away by your enthusiasm, content, drive and commitment to sharing . . . way to start a movement!

I have been looking for a long time to something that will allow me to shift my focus, contribute to the community and save our seas for future generations.

I am based in Dubai and we don’t tend to do things by half measure . . . would you be open to me flying from Dubai to visit you and your team in Holland to jump start my project / plan for Dubai?

Regardless of your answer . . . just have to say thanks for everything you have done so far to get this going . . . so easy to feel too small to make a difference, but it all just needs someone to start somewhere . . . eternally grateful for that.

If a direct visit is not possible – even a one-on-one Skype or something would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Ian

starter
09/12/2017 at 01:23

Hi Dave! I’m from Medellin Colombia, I would like to know how to get a machine or where to go to use it or how this really works, I know you don’t answer questions twice but I just can’t find anyone asking this so far. Another question is can you make flat, square and large surfaces with the machine, to make floors or roofs? Or bricks? I’m building a country house right now and I would love to make some certain things out of plastic that I can use over there!

Thanks for your time!
Juan

new
10/12/2017 at 14:11

Hi, Dave
I loocked at Your videos these ar al interesting to watch en learn from.
It sparks my interest doing something similar.
Offcourse everthing doing alone is time consuming .
What about working altogether on a new project .Wich can provide a resenable incomes
for all people involved in this project.
Here it is: To make rooftiles from molten plastik,
I know a litle about it ,en I know it is possible .
What r Your tought about it?
Best Regards
en een fijne zondag.Eric

starter
16/12/2017 at 00:44

me and my friend have created 4sealife, logo page and leaflet (ongoing), going to buy the machines to make useful items from plastic. We were going to give you half of our profit when it kicks off, since I am supporting you 🙂 Is this okay?

Attachments:

starter
18/12/2017 at 12:29

My name is Jackline, I live in kusumu Kenya. I’m starting a company called city cleaners that collects garbage and uses grubs to decompost off the biodegradables. I’m so thankful to find you and the work you are doing because happy plastics completes the picture in my business case. Reason being in the business case I wanted to be able to get rid of or recycle plastics but I just did not know how. Question is, would you be interested in partnering in this business? Or being a shareholder and supply us with the recycling machines?
Please e-mail if interested in thebusiness case

new
21/12/2017 at 00:30

i just want to point out that i was contacted by a spammer on this forum. His email is [email protected] and his username is suvo12. Please do something about this.

starter
21/12/2017 at 22:30

Greetings dear colleagues, I have in mind the development of an ecovillage with bioconstruction and also include the recycling of plastic I hope you can help me to achieve it

dedicated
21/12/2017 at 22:59

Hi Dave,
Where are you? I mean right now 😉…
DiB

Viewing 30 replies - 121 through 150 (of 415 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪