We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Ask Me Anything

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 260 replies, has 198 voices, and was last updated by  Dmitriy Morozov 2 days ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Ask Me Anything

20/11/2016 at 02:15

This topic is for you community. The place to ask me anything.
Favorite project, best holiday, what motivates me, what time I wake up, if i know square-dancing, everything goes here.
Have a look through the older questions ones because I won’t answer the same twice.

Shoot your questions 🙂

260 replies
40 subscribers
1 saved
2 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: Ask Me Anything

new
23/05/2018 at 22:01

Hola dave, tengo una duda y espero me puedas ayudar a resolverla.De que manera limpio mi plastico de residuos.

Hi Dave, I have a question and I hope you can help me solve it. How clean my waste plastic.

starter
24/05/2018 at 12:14

Dear Mr. Hakkens,

We have been forwarded by Olivier López whom we talked to and he mentioned that there might be a possibility to meet up with you as we are in the Netherlands.  We are last year international business students at the Hanze University in Groningen. We are currently devoting our time to study the concept of precious plastics. We believe that precious plastics has the criteria to be perceived as a new business model. We have been browsing through the community of precious plastics for the past few weeks. We were hoping to conduct an interview about precious. We were wondering whether you would feel free to do this and whether you have time.

Perhaps we could post our findings on the community page. We would like to thank you in advance for your time, consideration and efforts.

Kind Regards,

Sabrina Gheorghe & Claire Scales (2 ambitious students)

new
28/05/2018 at 21:06

Hello, to every person in this community. I want to start the recycling process. But as i have never done such tasks before. I would like to know how much of the time do every one of you guys invest in this project. Because i think i am facing a question of chosing between recycling plastic and my dream job. But i am thinking of handling them both. So i want to know how do you guys manage this. 🙂

starter
15/06/2018 at 14:05

Hi Dave
Have you or are you going to design a twin shaft shredder anytime soon

Cheers
Bill

starter
20/06/2018 at 17:38

Hey! I’m new to the community, but I’ve been a fan of precious plastic and some of your other projects for about 2 years now, since I saw them.

I have a question to you, about privacy. What is your opinion about it? Especially regarding google and other tech giants. Do you do anything to protect your info from data mining? Do you accept it? Do you still use their products? Just curious, how someone like you, publishing everything open-source thinks about the topic.

I think @matia.io ‘s opinion would be interesting as well.

Thanks, and keep it up!!

new
20/06/2018 at 18:53

that’s a good one! i always was wondering how people like you can sleep at night, knowing there are thousands of good people being exposed to half-baken products, running a few thousand euros into the ground due to the lack of mis-leading or false information. Money which obliviously should go to projects creating less damages to the environment… !

starter
26/06/2018 at 12:38

Hi Dave,

I’am a maker (I make mostli kifes, machines and plastic recycled objects) and I will be student at the DAE next year. Searching a place where I can develop my activity and live for the next 3 years, I found the plugin city 2.0 project. I saw that you installed a contener of PP there. Is it possible to become a plugger there? If so where should I ask?

Ho and in few words, what do you think of the scool?

Thanks by advance, looking forward to the the precious plastic Container if it still there!

starter
28/06/2018 at 10:22

Is the download KIT contains the files of the latest version of Precious Plastic?  I want to build the machine with the latest specification of the PP machines. If yes Ok, If not then somebody please guide me.

starter
10/08/2018 at 07:48

Hi Dave! I want to spread the word about Precious Plastic in my city Jaipur, Rajasthan (India). I would like to build an official Precious Plastic community here and proceed with your movement. I am deeply interested in the Plastic Shredder machine. It will help to solve quite a number of problems like garbage, plastic pollution, unemployment, and others. Please help as to how I can start. Thanks!

warrior
10/08/2018 at 11:16

@hiteshpamnani hey hitesh i am a machine builder from India and I can help you with your machine requirements. Its always good to see more and more Indians interested in recycling plastic to get rid of the waste

starter
10/08/2018 at 12:10

hi hiteshpamnai

if you areinterested in the shreddermachine i could help you too.

the price for the complete machine is 850€ plus shipping cost.
i hope you will get what you want.
if you are interested please contact us by this email address: [email protected]

new
01/09/2018 at 17:38

when is v4.0 coming out??? @davehakkens

new
05/09/2018 at 00:01

Hi Dave,
I am Martin a mechanics student from Ecuador and I would like to start doing crazy things with recycled plastic. I have been searching about polymers and its structure but I would like to go deeper and read more about the structure of poymers focused to the recycling thing. The other thing is that I would like to make my own chop machine and I think with some advices from you I can make an efficient and good one.

new
08/09/2018 at 21:50

Hello, @davehakkens , could you kindly tell me is it possible to make similar (wide) planks by your extruder and tube like you have used in your video?
This plank contain 30-50% of wooden powder, other part is recycled plastic.
https://youtu.be/KwuHRQsk7LA

I mean will be enough pressure power? Or it will cool down…

new
10/09/2018 at 09:26

Hi Dave, hi world…
I’m interested to build the machines to organize with’ my own association lot of “Collecting waste days” where I’m involving other charity association or family house to go and clean rivers, beaches and abandoned places… and to explain them how to do something for our planet, for eachother..

I’ve so many ideas on my mind, and I’ll begin one by one…

I’m experimenting my life and the most important thing that I’ve learned is that: Why you want to be the first if this means that someone will be the last??  I’m living helping all the creatures around me… I WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD.  Your project it’s something AMAZING!! I’m gonna build all the machines this winter… and I’ll let you know all the upgrades…

I want to ask you this: Could I come personally there in Eindhoven to visit you, to meet all of you and to learn…  I’d like to come for a weekend soon… and maybe when I will have sort of vacation by work I’d like to be helpful to you and stay longer….

It’s possibile to come and visit you and your project?

thanks a lot, to you and all the fentastic people that enjoy you and try everyday to make the world a better place!

THANKS.

In lak’ech

starter
10/09/2018 at 13:04

Hi Dave
I have studied your new plan. Looks good. I wouild like to help you, but I do not have that clear idea in wat I would be an expert.There is another idea in me. You do lots of photos and videos, s. For other presentations (Onzekathedralenbouwers) I have built objects from waste material special for all our photos, s to show.The public can scroll with the help of a rolling expansion vessel and so go forward or bachward through a slideshow. Perhaps useful for your open days. I have seven of them.http://www.onzekathedralenbouwers.nl/bob/images/phocagallery/theaterfestival/dsc05546.jpgThere are old computers but they can also be controlled by Raspberry pi’s, I have a lot of experience with that.
regards Kees van den Boogaart

Attachments:

starter
13/09/2018 at 10:36

Hi Dave!
I would like to know where we can find you on the 21st October, as you mention in your video that you will be at Eindhoven? Would love to meet and share ideas and see your creations!

new
16/09/2018 at 00:42

Any project like this?
http://www.appropedia.org/Recyclebot_v2.3

starter
16/09/2018 at 15:42

Hi Dave, I have some other project thay may interest you for the same cause!
Is there any other contact, skype or something like this?
Thank you and take care 😉

new
18/09/2018 at 13:07

Hello! Reducer on the shredder 30 rpm, engine power 2 kW and what output force Reducer should be newton ?

Viewing 20 replies - 241 through 260 (of 260 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.