We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Aussie scrapper, now playing with poly matter.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ken Sulman 1 year ago.

Ryan cartlintech

Aussie scrapper, now playing with poly matter.

31/01/2018 at 16:53

Ok so the title was more about the word play than making sense, although it is vaguely true.

I started processing ewaste as well as pretty much anything that had some form of metal in it as a way to keep busy yet in a way that if I had a bad day (I currently suffer from PTSD) I wasn’t going to be letting anyone down.

Really going overboard with separating the metals has become somewhat of a passion/obsession of mine, yet it has always bugged me that their was nothing I could do with the bulk of my plastic waste unless I was prepared to save it up for 100 years until I had 20+ tons of it.

This community site (well Dave’s videos mostly but everyone else can give themselves a pat on the back as well) has reinvigorated me into getting “standard” plastics processed for others as well as trying to find the best ways to make my common plastic waste PC-ABS-FR into something usable by others.

I am happy for others to reach out to bounce ideas or suggest collaborations as whilst I enjoy the fact that recycling metals puts fuel in the car, the overall purpose behind my drive is simply to see less wastage of reusable resources.

4 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
starter
02/02/2018 at 15:49

Hi Ryan,
Where in Australia are you based?
I’m on Sunshine Coast and trying to get started in the plastics recycling. I have lots of ideas, loads of enthusiasm but lacking in machine building skills.
Hope to hear from you.
Nicole

helper
03/02/2018 at 04:49

I am in Mount Glorious, over the next few weeks I will probably be reaching out to someone who can make shredder blades etc. depending on what eWaste scrap I manage to get hold of (meaning how much of the rest of a build I can make myself at no/little cost).

Feel free to reach out via PM if you wanted to bounce ideas of someone as well as letting me know where you are at with equipment and I would be more than happy to try and help however I can (be that through helping with design, helping find builders with the right tools or possibly even by getting prices lower by a group of us purchasing things like shredder blades etc. together at the same time.

hero
05/02/2018 at 17:25

Welcome to Precious Plastic @cartlintech 🙂

helper
10/02/2018 at 19:49

hi what stage are u up to now.

there is help , if u network.

regards Ken

Tassie

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪