We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Back Cover ..

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  1aco2 6 years ago.

Flynn flynn

Back Cover ..

02/01/2014 at 16:09

I was thinking that , in the first video of phonebloks , after all the bloks are fixed in the back side , they are just exposed out . So , this way if the phone falls down , there’s a great chance that the blok may break ( just may , not applicable if it’s sturdy enough ) . So I thought there could be a back cover with which we can cover the bloks after we fix them . That way we could also decide what colour we want the back side to be , and we could also get a front screen of the same colour . Additionally , if there was a side cover , covering the sides of the base , also our choice of colour , this way it wold serve double purposes : Colour Customization as well as extra protection of the phone ๐Ÿ˜€ (Though , One draw back is that the back cover needs to have a hole according to the size of the camera ) Also , if there was a curved corner instead of a sharp edge , The look would be kind of nice ๐Ÿ™‚ .( I got a suggestion for that too , Look at the picture )

12 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Back Cover ..

02/01/2014 at 19:36

how about a backcover that can cover the whole phone, except the screen of course. That will be great. We can modify the shape of the phone as we like ๐Ÿ˜€

03/01/2014 at 17:41

It’s a great idea. Though I am afraid you will not be able to have any form you could think of. Problem is a relatively big base, thus making it uncomfortable to have e.g. a round-shaped cellphone with a exorbitant diameter. Basically, Flynn, you are pursuing the same idea as Apple does with its current phones. Having the base and its components including screen etc. and wrap any kind of backcover around it, which has the sideparts on it already. Lock it with some screws.

03/01/2014 at 17:53

Before making a new Topic about the same thing please look here,https://discuss.phonebloks.com/challenge/view/1/46//Phonebloks-need-a-protection-for-back-

04/01/2014 at 02:20

Ger_EdFred wrote: Basically, Flynn, you are pursuing the same idea as Apple does with its current phones. Lol that’s crazy , because I’ve never even had an apple phone before … Though I got an iPad ๐Ÿ˜›

04/01/2014 at 10:19

I Feel the Cover/case making for this for would be nearly improbable due to the fact that every phone will be unique to the owner. I feel like the only solution would be to have clear for cases, like for water proof cases and what-not. Reason being, is that the Camera will never be the same size or in the same location so that would make producing cases problematic. I feel the only way to be able to make leather, silicone, wallet-cases, or even charger cases extremely expensive because-like the phone- the cases would have to be custom made.sorry i rambled haha

04/01/2014 at 11:47

Another idea would be rather than making a rear case, concentrating on making the back of the phone durable I.e. The components being more durable or sandwich the main components between the main bored and let’s say a rubber block on the back or what ever but from that you may have problems with components over heating or making it so people would be limited to where the camera is placed .. But it could be as simple as a bumper around the sides could prevent most damage but not all . My own view on the issue

04/01/2014 at 12:00

b0nesXD wrote: Another idea would be rather than making a rear case, concentrating on making the back of the phone durable I.e. The components being more durable or sandwich the main components between the main bored and let’s say a rubber block on the back or what ever but from that you may have problems with components over heating or making it so people would be limited to where the camera is placed .. But it could be as simple as a bumper around the sides could prevent most damage but not all . My own view on the issue True dat! Never thought so far. :-/

04/01/2014 at 12:06

Thanks a lot for the ideas but would a magnet affect the functions of Any blok ?

04/01/2014 at 12:35

Maybe but why not have some kind of locking nuts along with the screws simple a slider on the side so when the screw is unscrewed you still can’t remove them without unlocking this slider almost a fail safe rather than dropping your phone and components flying everywhere not saying the screw isn’t enough but the state peoples phones get into it could b a good thing to keep in mind

04/01/2014 at 15:11

Yeah … Agreed . Good idea

04/01/2014 at 15:15

๐Ÿ™‚ glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

04/01/2014 at 17:12

Again, before making an seccond topic about the same thing please go here https://discuss.phonebloks.com/challenge/view/1/46//Phonebloks-need-a-protection-for-backIt's allot easyer to put much ideas togehter then such a mess

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing ๐Ÿ’ช