We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Bearing spacer diameter size not matching

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tim Howes 1 year ago.

bogusha bogusha

Bearing spacer diameter size not matching

13/02/2018 at 06:16

Hello! I am trying to laser cut the shredder parts but i have noticed that in the general overview the length of the diameter of the bearing spacer (nr 2) is 34, while in the technical drawing is 32, could someone who has done in before please help me clarify this? thanks

2 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
helper
18/02/2018 at 15:48

The outside diameter of the spacer is 34 but there is plenty of clearance.

Something to watch for when assembling is the bearing blocks. I had Dunlop bearing blocks and I found that the bearing could be a mm out to the face of the end plate.
To check before assembling fix the bearing on the plate and then place the spacer on the bearing in its working position. The spacer should be just proud of the plate .5mm nominal. This will give the end cutting blades clear of the end plate.
I found one bearing to be perfect and the outher I had to make a shim the same diameter as the spacer but 1mm thick.

Better to check this up front rather than assemble and find out the hard way and have the blades scraping the side.

Have fun !

helper
18/02/2018 at 16:00

Here are some images good proud of the end plate bad below the face of the end plate.

Attachments:
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.