We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Blocks Health Monitor

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Lavaguava 6 years ago.

shamem0 shamem0

Blocks Health Monitor

31/10/2014 at 19:19

Hi folks,I just wonder if we have a system monitoring app that shows the health and status of each individual blocks, that could be useful. I am sure that that will become essential one day. Any how, hardware guys and software team could join together on this kind of matters. Just an idea, simple as that.

8 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved

In reply to: Blocks Health Monitor

28/11/2014 at 07:10

The idea is interesting, but I can’t imagine how it would work. Those systems do not exist. Nowadays computers, phones and tablets don’t have such thing, the most accurate measurement is temperature. What else do we know how to measure?

starter
27/12/2014 at 06:48

great idea, and great diagram! if the health is measured by how much heat each component is putting out, would work great!

10/01/2015 at 10:36

I agree, one of the problems with pb is knowing which block is faulty. If the phone was able to scan itself and come up with results it would be very convenient for the user. I think this is a great idea, after all, nobody wants to throw away the wrong blok

22/01/2015 at 17:36

it would probably be a block thats placed in the middle to maximize its capability in reading the problems, but this would only serve as a monitor for the phone which makes it a little bit unnecessary cause any other blok could serve this function if they wanted to make them monitor these :3

16/05/2015 at 14:59

this idea can workSuppose ur phone(of blocks) got damaged due to a power surge.This can fry most of the ICs as well as curcuit.u Cant start it.the phone can have a software and a hardware(within a block )which joins with the phone .It will send a impulse through the damaged blocks and wait for desired readings..If it dosnt get desired readings then it will try to get which part of the block is damaged.

new
16/05/2015 at 15:57

Actually, non the hardware side this would be extremely easy to implement, all that is needed for temperature sensing is a thermistor with a current periodically run through it and the voltage tested across it. As for battery life the voltage across the cell is a good indication. There should be no problem implementing this surely, simple on the software side, basic on the hardware side.

21/05/2015 at 15:58

not a thermometer but a self diagnosing block

new
21/05/2015 at 17:55

What exactly do you mean by self diagnosis? Do you want the exact problem of the blok to be identified, as in bed of nails component testing of all components in the blok or monitoring of other characteristics, such as temperature, current consumption, voltage drop etc. If what you mean is that the exact problem needs to be found, this would be difficult to implement indeed, on top of this useless, even if the phone could identify that say for example, a resistor has blown, what good is this to the general public. More than 95% of people would not know what to start looking for, let alone how to fix it. The easier option would be to know: is the blok getting too hot: if yes then adjust the necessary power supply, is the blok not working: if yes notify the user to obtain a new blok.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪