We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Blogpost: Annie Leonard

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  BizBlogger 5 years ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Blogpost: Annie Leonard

07/01/2014 at 23:45

Annie Leonard from the story of stuff did an guest-post on our blog. Feel free to discuss this post here:

11 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
08/01/2014 at 01:14

Is it possible to build a cellphone (like a modular phone) without the toxic component? O_O(like she said in this blog). I’m not an expert but I think you have to put some chemical things in components to make the phone work, right?

helper
12/01/2014 at 14:07

Romain_Zagnoni wrote: Is it possible to build a cellphone (like a modular phone) without the toxic component? O_O(like she said in this blog). I’m not an expert but I think you have to put some chemical things in components to make the phone work, right? If it is not possible right now, let’s make it possible. There are materials that are better than others.

12/01/2014 at 21:14

TomasHalberstad wrote: If it is not possible right now, let’s make it possible. There are materials that are better than others. Not wrong 😀 Let’s try to do the more healthy phone 🙂

14/01/2014 at 14:42

did anybody have an idea for a material

15/01/2014 at 12:57

the problem is that those toxic materials are part for the thinking of the phone(making it small)and for the bateries(these have been toxic ever since they where invented)these toxic materials have become solid since the lead acid bateries became nicle-cadmium bateries.

18/01/2014 at 19:06

I love the idea of helping the environment! This may sound ignorant and all but I don’t want my future kids to live in aworld where they have to were a radiation suit just to go outside and play. I also love the idea of having a phone that I know will last and I don’t have to worry about where my next on is going to come from. Lets face it how many people do you see that have dropped there Iphone once and the whole screen is cracked (not to mention that phone companies come out with a better phone right after you get your new one). I love the idea of Phone Bloks and I really hope to be able to buy a phone like this in the near future!

23/01/2014 at 17:22

Well @ the beginning , let me say im dazzled by such invention specially for a phone worth keeping, im a marketers willing to help from my side (eco-system) phonebloks!! Genius idea!!1 question related to the waste management procedure, how do u Sir’s collect the waste phones and parts, do u import them like entirely all parts r useful!!! It will be helpful to know that!

23/01/2014 at 21:51

you can ask for cyanogen team for help because cm simply the best

23/01/2014 at 22:03

Alrt,, regards,, THx for helping

04/02/2014 at 14:33

Look , I have a drawer full of phones because of bad parts , trying to keep up with the upgrade race , or simply no insurance to protect the phone, but if it takes toxins to get this part replaceable phone up and going then so be it ! I’m sick of replacing the whole phone because of one part !

10/03/2014 at 17:40

Gettelch wrote: I love the idea of helping the environment! This may sound ignorant and all but I don’t want my future kids to live in aworld where they have to were a radiation suit just to go outside and play. I also love the idea of having a phone that I know will last and I don’t have to worry about where my next on is going to come from. Lets face it how many people do you see that have dropped there Iphone once and the whole screen is cracked (not to mention that phone companies come out with a better phone right after you get your new one). I love the idea of Phone Bloks and I really hope to be able to buy a phone like this in the near future! I couldn’t agree more Gettelch. Especially in today’s modern times, recycling is becoming more and more important but with our level of national waste – it’s so difficult to get the point clear. We could make commercials all day promoting the process of recycling, but it will only reach so many people. I think that’s why it’s so important now for companies to take it on as one of their responsibilities for ethical business practices. For example, Ematic is a company really focused on using environmentally-safe practices when making their products. There’s a number of things they do to help this, such as using 100% recycled materials (ink cartridges, etc.).You can learn more about Ematic from their blog at ematicelectronics.blogspot.com .

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪