We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Bonjour from France / boat builder

Yann lagrenouille

Bonjour from France / boat builder

06/04/2018 at 12:50

Hi everyone,

I saw the precious plastic project only recetly but it get me immediatly. I already had the project to built a small electric boat for city displacement, but seeing that we could do beam and plate with recycled plastic, I changer my mind and want to try to mix an aluminium structure and plastic plates.

I am a material an welding engineer, so used to the different material requirements, but new to machine building. I will create a new topic when my project will start for real, in one month probably, so I can ask you questions and show the works done 🙂

6 replies
4 subscribers
0 saved
2 likes
sort on most likes
helper
25/05/2018 at 15:17

Re-bonjour !

I finally quit my boring job and I now intend to spend all my time on this project, at least for the following months.
We managed to get install in my father workshop, it is not that big, but 50 square meters will largly do the job, so if some people around Nantes want to come and play with us, just contact me.
We started to assemble the shredder. We then have a motor and a oven to repair, a TIG welding machine to set-up for aluminum, find a way to attache the plastic plates on aluminium beams and seal them (we also have a machine that should weld the plastic, but to be tested).

Attachments:
starter
28/05/2018 at 10:35

Nice to meet you Yann.
It’s very interesting the thing you said about building an electric boat!

Regards,
Jose.

starter
28/05/2018 at 19:20

Bon courage pour ton bateau

warrior
02/06/2018 at 16:50

Hey there @lagrenouille !

I relayed the info on the french discord, i think at least one person came to see your setup ! x)
How’s everything going? I would love to see the evolution of the project !
i’m also curious, where did you buy the laser cut pieces for the schredder? Did you manage to not pay too much?

Good luck for the project !
Peace!

helper
05/06/2018 at 00:15

I bought the complete shredder box on the bazar (laser cut parts, axis, bearing & screws). All in stainless steel, for 350€ delivered. So I would not say cheap, but for sure cheaper than if I bought it in a local laser cutter (and I have no acces to a metal turing machine for the axis). For the other element fo the shredder, I managed from a scrap yard.

It is still not finished, but I hope to start shredding plastic at the end of the week, I will post more interesting pictures at this moment.

starter
01/09/2018 at 15:32

Hey !

I’m from Paris and wanted to know how your project is going ? Did you manage to shred plastic ?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪