build report – injection
so first time i did the injection. sorry for the messy article.
however, i noticed :
– you get way more rigidity with a 80x40mm base bar, 5 mm thickness
– having that fat bar, it’s also more easy and stable to weld the barrel mounts
– better use a stronger 45 deg. angle support for the base bar than in v3
– i think the space under the barrel should be chosen carefully, very possible you want to use molds you can place just under the nozzle. i gonna build there a little extra support
– the business end should be improved with a adjustable length solid cylinder (according to the room height) , just putting it inside the tubing and lock it with a set screw
– the barrel can and should be 10 cm longer than in the v3 drawings
– it pains me to weld that nice barrel to the mounts, i guess i use a lock band or whatever can hold it
build time: 2 days full-time, machining lathe: 1 hour; cnc: 1 hour (cleanup angle grinder works).
materials: 40 Euro (metals only!)
i am continuing the build report and further updates here (sorry but writing here sucks).
overall conclusion: it kind of sucks, not nice to use, despite i’ve made it all quite precise/smooth as possible. I am looking now for a spring loaded variant, anything which let’s me kick in the plunger smooth as possible.
Could you share the price of the electronic parts ?
sure, here you go, they charge 40 Euro transport, pretty much a show breaker. I ordered also some cheaper from aliexpress for testing. Someone asked me recently whether it’s possible to get to 300 deg-celcius, not sure what to answer yet (having really no idea).
It’s 40€ for the transport ?! O.o
Did you receive aliexpress’ ones ?
I find that very expensive O.o
Okay tell me when you have tested them. How much did they cost ?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.