We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Building Precious Plastic Machines in the USA

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Lesley Bodley 5 months ago.

Justin justinc

Building Precious Plastic Machines in the USA

16/03/2018 at 04:10

I am based in Portland OR here in the USA and am offering partial and complete machine building services. So far I have built a number of shredder mechanisms for people assembling their own machines and have more shredders, extrusion and injection machines in process right now that are being built for customers and hope to have pre-made machines available in the next month or two.

Current listings can be found in the Bazar HERE

Though I am just getting started with plastic machine production, I have been in business for 18 years, designing, building and selling specialty products and shipping all over the world.

For anyone looking to purchase a complete machine or sub-assembly to assemble their own machine, please get in touch.

https://www.preciousplastic-usa.com/

[email protected]

Attachments:
12 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved
4 likes
sort on most likes
starter
16/03/2018 at 04:59

Hi Justin, this is great. Thank you for your work. I would purchase all 4 machines from you if you were to build and finish them, I do not currently have that skillset. Keep us posted here, although I live in Colorado I travel through Oregon and Washington from time to time. Good luck building!

warrior
20/03/2018 at 20:32

Great news @justinc
I would appreciate if you could post your services on the Precious Plastic Bazar as well, that would help people find you easier

helper
20/03/2018 at 21:17

I do have listing on the Bazar but have been receiving inquires from both sites as well as the Facebook group.

dedicated
29/03/2018 at 19:15

@justinc I can tell you all Justin is a great builder.

new
03/04/2018 at 05:39

@mapaco

What part of Colorado are you in? Looking for people in Denver or nearby to collaborate with.

Elsa

starter
26/04/2018 at 19:13

Hi @elsa, I’m currently living in Colorado Springs. Driving to Denver could be worth some trips for collaboration. Soon I am taking a trip to Oregon and am likely to pick up a shredder and possibly extruder from ole friend Justin here, but am still going over details before solid plans are put into action. If you ever come through CS, say hello. My current projects are bicycle-related, and am curious at what plastic items I could craft for the cycling enjoyment, so many things!

new
28/04/2018 at 18:22

Hey there! I’m up near WinterPark. There’s at least three of us Coloradans here!

starter
01/05/2018 at 10:00

Hello!! Im thinking of starting this where I am (Florida) i was thinking of making my shredder human powered (bicycle belt?) And wanted the extender to be set up for making 3D filaments. Any suggestions or estimates??

Thank you for sharing your talents
~Lindsay

helper
15/05/2018 at 09:07

Sorry, I didn’t see this last comment earlier.

Making consistent filament can be tricky with the basic extrusion machine and perhaps more so with human power if you extrusion speed is not well regulated.  However it sound like it would be a cool experiment. I could certainly build you the basic extrusion setup but it would probably get a bit pricey for me to do a one-off pedal powered drive system.

helper
06/06/2018 at 20:01

There is a bit or a wait list right now, but anyone interested in having machines built should get in touch, there’s a busy summer ahead.

dedicated
07/06/2018 at 15:36

lindsayml 

new
16/01/2019 at 20:19

I am in Fort Collins, CO we are eagerly anticipating one of Justin’s shredders and are currently working on our extrusion machine.  That makes 4 from Colorado.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.