Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Building the shredder in China!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Barbara Xu 1 week ago.

Barbara Xu qingdaolan

Building the shredder in China!

15/03/2018 at 12:43

Hey Guys !
Our team is located in China, Qingdao and we are happy to announce to make progress in the Shredder !
We already got the parts for the shredder and found a little motor on the second hand market.
The costs for the shredder laser parts were about 600rmb ( about 72€ )
And the price of the motor was about 300rmb ( about 39€ ) which means we got all the difficult parts for 900rmb ( about 111€ in total )
We will update this topic as often as we can ! We’re really excited about the project and if you are in Asia / China too just write us a message or put your questions right in this topic !! Here are some pictures of our achievements.

Attachments:
helper
15/03/2018 at 14:26

Hey and welcome @qingdaolan !

Thats a great price so far 🙂

Is it stainless?

Keep us updated with your progress and feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Toggle replies
starter
18/03/2018 at 05:00

Brilliant!!!! <3 i would love to build a machine i always try to make things from rubbish

Toggle replies
starter
18/03/2018 at 11:40

Hi Guys

I am fresh to watch your Facebook clip this morning and really excited about what you have done!

Not far from Qingdao, I am located in Jinan, the capital of Shandong (no ideas if you have visited this city or not). Now in Paris for the major of Plastic Arts.

I really hope you could continue your project and bring it to China mainland for solving the city’s problem.

And it is could be used in artistic mades that we may open an atelier/studio in city for families or children for the daily life.

I’ve no idea about it’s now only a industrial/product model or it could be developed as a portable machine installed in family or in district?

Thanks for reading.
Cordially.

Enxi

Toggle replies
starter
22/03/2018 at 16:12

HEY Guys !

Sorry for the late reply –
My name is Hendrik – Barbara Xu is the leader of our group.

Feel free to visit our page on Facebook :

https://www.facebook.com/lanintlChina/

We are doing kids education here in china as well @irmalibrayex ! Sounds awesome what you’re doing at the moment ! If you like you can ad me on WeChat: Henne1992

Well sorry for the late reply – we had some trouble to leather the rod / ace and Also had some problems with the laser parts since some of them were not thick enough – they are also not stainless ! Only the blades were stainless …
well at least we fixed the motor and finally leathered the rod.
Tomorrow I can tell you more about our progress – we also build the compression and have found a great oven.
We will keep you updated and hope if we have some problems, you can help us too 😄

Attachments:
Toggle replies
starter
11/04/2018 at 08:32

HEY GUYS !
Pretty excited to tell you these awesome news:

We finally Finished the Shredder !

We had some problems with our motor so we used a new one ( description on the pictures below ) we also made a Frame out of Hard-Plastic.
We also tested it with some
PET-bottles and it works fine.

Additionally, we have been working on the Compressor and got our first Mold. The Fruit basket from the Download kit is finished and ready to use.
Now, we just have to connect the oven with our steel-frame. We really hope to do this until Friday this week.

BUT NOW WE NEED HELP TOO !
Since we want to do this project with Chinese schools and we only have ONE MOLD we are desperately seeking for BLUEPRINTS & IDEAS for our project. Do you guys know any websites / free blueprints we could use ?
We would love to make little pots, flower pots, Hexagons or cutting board to cut vegetables on.
We would love if you have any ideas for a mold. We searched on many topics here in the forum too but unfortunately can’t find some blueprints.
Thanks for your help in advance !

Attachments:
Toggle replies
starter
11/04/2018 at 08:37

And of course … a video.

Toggle replies
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.