We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Can 3D Printers use Recycled Plastic?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oscar Omar Contreras Castro 1 week ago.

Inovator inovator

Can 3D Printers use Recycled Plastic?

07/11/2018 at 16:20

I did some research about the type of plastics 3D printers can use, which said:

Many different materials can be used for 3D printing, such as ABS plastic, PLA, polyamide (nylon), glass filled polyamide, stereolithography materials (epoxy resins), silver, titanium, steel, wax, photopolymers and polycarbonate.

Because some of these materials can be recycled and processed by these machines, would it be possible to use the extruded to create a spool of plastic the printer can use? Has anyone tried this? I’m not quite sure if it would strong enough, could be extruded thin enough or would be flexible enough to be used but it would amazing if we could reuse that recycled plastic to create new pieces.

1 replies
2 subscribers
1 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
starter
07/11/2018 at 21:38

Let’s face it with recycling and I’m just looking for a way to create the crushing machine, follow up to continue with the extruder, my idea is the same, generate a filament thin enough to be applied to a 3D printer, of course said printer must have modifications so that the extruder of the same can heat to believe that … are more than 300 ° C so that it melts without generating gases.It is my final product, I hope that in a few years this is something common.

Attachments:
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.