We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Capacity of production / Capacidad de produccion por hora

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Juanjo Díaz Vecchio 3 years ago.

Pablo Silveira pablocipolletti

Capacity of production / Capacidad de produccion por hora

17/05/2016 at 19:41

Hola /Hello

Quisiera saber cuantos kilos/hora de plastico aproximadamente puede procesar la picadora.

Want to know approximately, how many kilograms per hour can the schredder process.

Thank you very much.

Pablo from Argentina

7 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
new
16/08/2016 at 22:21

I am also very interested in this question

hero
18/08/2016 at 21:28

@pablocipolletti @ralinaresg

Here are some raw numbers that I just made up:

1 x 600ml PET bottle: 25grams approx
40 x 600ml PET bottles: 1kg

The shredder takes about 10 seconds or less to fully shred a bottle into tiny bits.

40 bottles x 10 seconds = 400 seconds = 6.6 minutes

If you don’t use a mesh, or if you use a mesh with big holes, the shredding time can be reduced even more.

starter
09/09/2016 at 17:32

Q.1 Have you already tried using the PET filament on 3d printer? Did it work?

Q.2 and can you suggest how can we color the filament. Because it’s very limited if the color of the bottle will still be the color of the filament.

Thanks !

hero
15/09/2016 at 23:03

@piamay Yes, it works.
Just make sure to setup your printer to 220 Celcius degrees for PET. On regards of color, you can change the PET filament color by using a PET masterbatch colorant during the extrusion process.

starter
13/10/2016 at 17:30

This is such a big help @xxxolivierxxx ! Hope we can make the shredder and ext machine by the end of the semester.

starter
13/10/2016 at 18:05

Hey! (Spanish below)

Thanks for the quick estimate on shredder capacity/performace. I would also like to know about the injection machine and specially the extruder as i don’t have any thermoplastics knowledge thus no idea about the extrusion speed nor preheating time of the plastics.

Im about to build one extruder and one shredder to join the efforts.

Thanks!

Hola!

Gracias por el estimado sobre la capacidad/rendimiento de la trituradora. También quisiera conocer estos datos sobre las máquinas de inyección y extrusión ya que no tengo conocimientos en el comportamiento térmico de los plásticos, y claramente tampoco sobre la velocidad de extrusión o el tiempo de precalentamiento del material triturado.

Estoy empezando el proceso para fabricar una extrusora y una trituradora.

Gracias!

starter
15/10/2016 at 05:45

Hey @davehakkens! Do you have some numbers on the performance of the extrusion machine? Like weight/time? That would be great to make a plan for a small community. I’m helping to start a small project and a solid plan is somehow mandatory.

Thanks anyway for the great project and all the info you shared!

Juanjo

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪