We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Changing consumer behavior regarding plastic bags

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Richard Ljunglund 2 years ago.

Roelf Daling roelfdaling

Changing consumer behavior regarding plastic bags

29/11/2017 at 10:33

We have been working with WWF South Africa, the Two Oceans Aquarium and two SPAR Western Cape grocery stores to understand consumers behaviour regarding plastic shopping bags.
Have a look at the posters – which would change your behaviour?

Attachments:
4 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
29/11/2017 at 13:18

In the UK they recently introduced a small charge for plastic bags (£0.05). All large shops must charge this and it has massively cut down on the number used. Strong reusable bags are also available for around twice the single use bag fee.

starter
30/11/2017 at 11:46

They have been charging for plastic bags for many years now in South-Africa, the problem is that people really don’t mind paying that small fee. Everyone just became use to it.

This study want to prove that if you provide a bigger economic incentive, how will it change consumer behaviour.

warrior
30/11/2017 at 13:46

Interesting. The charge cut usage here by something like 85% overnight because people didn’t want to pay the extra. Perhaps as time goes on everybody will just get used to the charge and consumption will go back up.

starter
30/11/2017 at 17:34

I use “harder” reusable bags or just my backpack at the store thats a good way to not having to buy plastic bags here in Sweden. our bags cost between 2 – 5 sek which is good that they cost but not good enough so i prefer not getting any bags at all.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪