We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Charity Project in Uganda

Tagged: 

andre figueiredo spicetrader

Charity Project in Uganda

10/12/2017 at 23:45

Hi wonderful people in the forum, I am based in the UK and currently helping an organisation in Mbale Uganda. http://www.delightyouthbrassband.org They are a young organisation seeking to sustain themselves WITHOUT hand outs or donations, I am asking them to set up a plastic recycling facility so that they can pay their future rent and costs etc. They do however need expertise in making the equipment from scratch and I am hoping that people will come forward and help.

Attachments:
3 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
starter
22/01/2018 at 16:37

Hi Spicetrader, this Gilbert based in Kampala Uganda. I am also interested in building the equipment and setting up a small plant here in Kampala. I have started talking to the possible Machisists that would help with the assembling of the equipment but this will come at a cost yet to be agreed.
I can help the youths with the connections and advice since i am on the ground in Uganda. I will reach them on the address you have shared and exchange more information with them. Regards, Gilbert

starter
24/01/2018 at 21:48

There are people trying to figure how to make hand cranks. So one could use a bicycle to run the chopper. But ultimately it would need electricity to melt & mold. I am not a mechanic so all this is hard to figure out to draw up proposals. I just think this would help in areas that are off the beaten track to clean up their beaches and make useful things.
From what I am reading the designs are still in the works. I love the idea but how to promote it in other areas is the path. When I get some designs, costs & outlines I can move further with my proposals. This could happen in a lot of locations around the world.
I will watch your progress!
Andrea

starter
18/04/2018 at 23:15

Thank you so much for your input Gilbert, sorry I only saw this message today. I hope and pray you will get in touch with the organisation. The website is down at the moment for some reason. If you need personal mobile numbers I can give them to you.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪