Support our newest Precious Plastic campaign 🍌

We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Make this community better. together

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  LARA 1 week ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Make this community better. together

08/11/2017 at 23:43

Hi There wonderful developers.

We have been working on this online community for over a few years now. The long term goal is to have our own space on the web, don’t rely on other networks like Facebook or Twitter etc. People like you from all over the world are constantly improving it and it gets better every time.
Have a look on our Github to help out to solve open issues.

Others. Feel free to use this topic to share feedback or suggestions to upgrade this online kamp.

And meanwhile we use this topic to show the latest improvements we’ve added.

Together we can make it awesome!

warrior
09/11/2017 at 00:06

After many requests we’ve added a subscribe functionality. You can subscribe to certain forums and get a mail notification when someone posts a new topic. Or subscribe to a topic and you get a mail notification when someone replies. Much easier to keep track of activity!

Attachments:
Toggle replies
warrior
09/11/2017 at 00:08

We’ve merged all our news updates together on the main page (news) Before we had community news separated from our own news, but now you can access it all in one place and filter accordingly

Attachments:
Toggle replies
warrior
09/11/2017 at 00:12

We added a dashboard page where you can have an overview of all the latest activity within the community. You can filter this long thread, see the newest image uploads, latest donations, latest replies etc.
Basically all our member updates in 1 place! 📰

Attachments:
Toggle replies
starter
28/11/2017 at 05:19

Hi Dave, I still have not figured out how to use filters. Sometimes I want to see posts in chronological order ,from last to first ,and other times from first to last. Also tried to filter out by country. It was beneficial not being able to filter because I got to scan Hundreds of posts, but wow,time consuming. Any tips on getting me up to speed?

Toggle replies
helper
12/12/2017 at 08:15

I just created a topic on adding event to the map maybe i should have don it here

Here is the link :

Adding events / meetups to the website

Just let me know what you think. 😉

Toggle replies
warrior
12/12/2017 at 17:23

They are mainly used to filter content @brentzdentz. They always go from new to old. But you can choose whether to see only, Precious Plastic, Storyhopper, Phonebloks news etc.

Toggle replies
warrior
12/12/2017 at 17:26

Added some CSS changes for the comments sections on the news-posts. Removed clutter and more comments are shown. Still want to include the country flag for each member though. But its beyond my coding skills, anyone good with that?

Attachments:
Toggle replies
warrior
12/12/2017 at 19:33

@davehakkens, is there any space for dem flags next to the username?

Toggle replies
helper
28/12/2017 at 11:31

Hey, I don’t really know if this is the right forum to submit this problem, but lately every time when I want to insert a “link” and add a URL, the whole message won’t submit because it is been seen as spam. Every time this message shows up: *** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***

Is it not meant for specific URL’s and only for topic URL’s or is it an error?

Toggle replies
warrior
28/12/2017 at 11:34

thanks for letting us know @susanne0570, wasn’t aware of this.
But indeed we installed quite some harsh spam filters a while back, too many Chinese spam topics 💩 let me look into it

Toggle replies
new
04/01/2018 at 11:53

HALLO DAVE,
I’ AM SORRY, I’ DON’T KNOW ENGLISH WELL. I LIKE YOUR WORK AND I’WILL BE GLAD TO PARTECIPEITED IN SOME WAY.
I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU, OR OTHERS, IN CROATIA IF YOU WANT RECYCLE SOMETHING, YOU MUST HAVE WASTE MANAGEMENT LICENSE.
HOW YOU CAN SELL YOUR PRODUCT, OR HAVE THIS SPACE FOR PRODUCT? IN CROATIA IS NOT POSSIBLE

Toggle replies
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.