We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Make this community better. together

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Vasheer 1 month ago.

Dave Hakkens davehakkens

Make this community better. together

08/11/2017 at 23:43

Hi There wonderful developers.

We have been working on this online community for over a few years now. The long term goal is to have our own space on the web, don’t rely on other networks like Facebook or Twitter etc. People like you from all over the world are constantly improving it and it gets better every time.
Have a look on our Github to help out to solve open issues.🤘

Others. Feel free to use this topic to share feedback or suggestions to upgrade this online kamp.

And meanwhile we use this topic to show the latest improvements we’ve added.

Together we can make it awesome!

25 replies
3 subscribers
1 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
warrior
09/11/2017 at 00:06

After many requests we’ve added a subscribe functionality. You can subscribe to certain forums and get a mail notification when someone posts a new topic. Or subscribe to a topic and you get a mail notification when someone replies. Much easier to keep track of activity!

Attachments:
warrior
09/11/2017 at 00:08

We’ve merged all our news updates together on the main page (news) Before we had community news separated from our own news, but now you can access it all in one place and filter accordingly

Attachments:
warrior
09/11/2017 at 00:12

We added a dashboard page where you can have an overview of all the latest activity within the community. You can filter this long thread, see the newest image uploads, latest donations, latest replies etc.
Basically all our member updates in 1 place! 📰

Attachments:
starter
28/11/2017 at 05:19

Hi Dave, I still have not figured out how to use filters. Sometimes I want to see posts in chronological order ,from last to first ,and other times from first to last. Also tried to filter out by country. It was beneficial not being able to filter because I got to scan Hundreds of posts, but wow,time consuming. Any tips on getting me up to speed?

helper
12/12/2017 at 08:15

I just created a topic on adding event to the map maybe i should have don it here

Here is the link :

Adding events / meetups to the website

Just let me know what you think. 😉

warrior
12/12/2017 at 17:23

They are mainly used to filter content @brentzdentz. They always go from new to old. But you can choose whether to see only, Precious Plastic, Storyhopper, Phonebloks news etc.

warrior
12/12/2017 at 17:26

Added some CSS changes for the comments sections on the news-posts. Removed clutter and more comments are shown. Still want to include the country flag for each member though. But its beyond my coding skills, anyone good with that?

Attachments:
warrior
12/12/2017 at 19:33

@davehakkens, is there any space for dem flags next to the username?

helper
28/12/2017 at 11:31

Hey, I don’t really know if this is the right forum to submit this problem, but lately every time when I want to insert a “link” and add a URL, the whole message won’t submit because it is been seen as spam. Every time this message shows up: *** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***

Is it not meant for specific URL’s and only for topic URL’s or is it an error?

warrior
28/12/2017 at 11:34

thanks for letting us know @susanne0570, wasn’t aware of this.
But indeed we installed quite some harsh spam filters a while back, too many Chinese spam topics 💩 let me look into it

new
04/01/2018 at 11:53

HALLO DAVE,
I’ AM SORRY, I’ DON’T KNOW ENGLISH WELL. I LIKE YOUR WORK AND I’WILL BE GLAD TO PARTECIPEITED IN SOME WAY.
I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU, OR OTHERS, IN CROATIA IF YOU WANT RECYCLE SOMETHING, YOU MUST HAVE WASTE MANAGEMENT LICENSE.
HOW YOU CAN SELL YOUR PRODUCT, OR HAVE THIS SPACE FOR PRODUCT? IN CROATIA IS NOT POSSIBLE

helper
23/02/2018 at 12:21

Hey @davehakkens,

I’ve made an easier setup process for the theme activation for the first time. I also updated the ReadMe file as it took me a lot of research and debugging to get the theme up and running on the first time.

I still have some issues to get the forum part working but it is already a good start.

In other words i have added a required plugin on theme activation that suggest you plugins to install on theme activation (screenshot 1)

And added to install process on the readme the 2 Components needed in BuddyPress Settings for the theme page to show up without bugs (screenshot 2)

I’ve made a branch ‘requiered-plugin’ but the thing is that i can not send my pull request I get an error “You may not have permission to access davehakkens” any chance you could add me the the repo permission ??

Attachments:
warrior
23/02/2018 at 12:33

nice work @malor. whats your github name? Also we are currently adding quite some of the above listed improvements in V2.3, watch branch on Github. Let me know if you want to help out, could really use some 🙂

helper
23/02/2018 at 12:44

Hello

My Github username is MaloRchrd and sure I could help out i’m more of a Javascript developper but i’ve got a bit of knowledge of WordPress setups.

warrior
23/02/2018 at 16:51

your invited @malor. I think these 2 annoying issues might have to do something with javascript portrait images and scroll top top lightbox

helper
23/02/2018 at 17:05

Will check that also, I’ve seen also the new user profile page I feel like I can do most of it (it might take a bit of time) I ll keep you updated depending of the spare time I can get.

helper
23/02/2018 at 17:05

Is it normal that the bazar does not let you sign in with the forum-login? You need to create a second identity??

helper
23/02/2018 at 17:45

same problem here

warrior
23/02/2018 at 19:08

@sonik @basman unfortunately yes. We’re using an external platform for the bazar. Quick way to just to see if it even makes sense to have a bazar. Developing it ourselves takes quite some resources but is probably the next logical step. In this way we can also link it with our community accounts.

@malor i’ve already started quite a bit on the new profile pages. Install the 2.3 theme branch and you will see. Still some work to do though 🙂

new
17/03/2018 at 07:51

Hi Dave

Thanks for giving away your skills and research for free, if you need 3d animation for free to explain processes or whatever im happy to help

Regards

Hamish

helper
28/04/2018 at 10:47

Hi!
About bazar site.
Could you please add button to attach picture in conversation?
Right now I use google drive to share pictures (photo of parcels, track numbers etc), but it is not convenient.

Another problem that dates on bazar site in such format: 1 month ago, 3 days ago, etc.
But there is no specific date. And I already had to check the date manually by finding email notofication in my gmail, about that message from bazar chat.
It will be great if you duplicate date in dd/mm/yy format also.

Tnx.

warrior
02/05/2018 at 22:34

@copypastestd the bazar currently runs on an external platform. Mainly because we could quickly set it up quickly and try out if people even use is. So very limited options to customize at the moment. That said, people use it and we’re exploring option to develop our own 🙂

warrior
02/05/2018 at 22:40

Thanks for all the feedback so far everyone. Today we’ve rolled out Version 2.3 (theme on github)  A whole new list of improvements, below is an overview. If you want to see them in detail or how they work read this post. 

1. Option to Save & Like topics
2. Sort replies on most likes
3. Enhanced activity page
4. PM Bubble
5. Notifications
6. Topic stats
7. Goodbye <HTML> Editor
8. Improved comments
9. Avatar upload button
10. Add tags to topics
11.  Improved user profiles

Meanwhile keep sharing things we can improve and giving feedback.  Always keen on making this place better! 🔥

warrior
02/05/2018 at 22:41

R.I.P. <HTML> editor, I will miss you.

new
02/11/2018 at 01:33

Hi guys,

I just registered on the site and tried to log in before verifying my email address. There was no visual feedback (e.g. please verify your email first) on the login page, but I did see the login failed key-value in the URL.

IMO it’s important to make sure there is at least a seamless experience for the users first few interactions with the site. It helps build credibility. Therefore I would suggest making this a priority fix.

Vash

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.