We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Cornwall calling London

Ann Williams gwarakanglaw

Cornwall calling London

19/11/2016 at 14:06

Hi Ann here from Porthleven in Cornwall. I saw that there are a couple in Woolwich London already in business, I would really appreciate being able to get in contact with you guys so that I can start my own project here, and am also looking to get in contact with anyone else in my area who would like to get involved ๐Ÿ™‚

15 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
0 likes
sort on most likes
hero
21/11/2016 at 07:49

Welcome to Precious Plastic @gwarakanglaw
I believe these are the contacts you are looking for:

@birdynamnam

@paulaortega

starter
21/11/2016 at 18:51

Hi Olivier

Thanks for getting back to me, I have emailed Paula and hopefully she will get in touch and we can talk about how I can go about setting something up down here in Cornwall ๐Ÿ™‚

starter
21/11/2016 at 18:52

This is not just Cornwall calling London, but anyone else in the UK that has a desire to set up a recycling cottage industry ๐Ÿ™‚

hero
21/11/2016 at 19:13

My pleasure, hope you can set something up and find more recycling friends in UK

starter
21/11/2016 at 23:44

@gwarakanglaw

Hi Ann,

Yes, we have built an injection moulder.

Do drop me an email at [email protected] and I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Or maybe Paula will get back to you first!

Bertie

warrior
22/11/2016 at 13:55

Hi Ann,

I’m in Reading, years ago I lived in Crackington Haven near Bude.

I’ve built a shredder and next I’ll build an injection machine, though I’ve had to take a break for a few months due to time constraints.

I’m not following the precious plastic designs for my machines (I actually started this before I even heard of the project). But there’s a lot of useful information here and it’s inspiring seeing what others have achieved, it’s given me the motivation I needed.

There’s also the Machines Room group in London who have built the shredder, machinesroom.org They have a google group and a Slack channel, but both have been very quiet recently.

Andy

new
06/12/2016 at 18:34

Hello Ann – I am looking at building some machines near Tavistock in Devon – I love Porthleven and visit 3 or 4 times a year – lots of luck and I hope to here more about it!

helper
20/01/2017 at 21:20

@gwarakanglaw glad to see local interest, im situated in camborne, currently building a shredder, when its ready il have plenty of reasons to start branching out.

starter
23/01/2017 at 15:00

@kettlekekkers ooh thats sounds great, I would be keen to meet up for a coffee maybe and hear all about your project ๐Ÿ™‚ you can get me through http://www.facebook.com/gardengoddess.co.uk if not here

starter
23/01/2017 at 15:01

A big thank you to all of you who have replied to my post and best wishes for a cleaner brighter 2017

helper
24/01/2017 at 02:43

@gwarakanglaw yes that would be good! will have to arrange something, here is my website so you can get an idea of things i can do, and in progress. http://adamketteringham.wixsite.com/artists/p-l-a-s-t-i-c-s

starter
05/02/2017 at 00:01

Hi to you all. Just finished my injection machine but made the mistake of using an aluminium barrel and the plungers scored the inside and seized the rig.
When I’ve rectified I’ll post what I’m up to .

Based in the Midlands and sourcing plastic from 2 cub packs and a scout pack..
HDPE milk jugs collected and shredded.. cannot wait to sort my brarrel issue!

Planning on using plaster or concrete 2 piece moulds. With 8mm copper pipe into a compression fitting nossle..

Question : where did you get you steel laser cut for the shredder , and importantly what did it cost ?

Currently using a hacked 15 sheet shredder !

Toodle Pip

Jollychappy

starter
09/02/2017 at 20:41

Hi

Just read the thread – based in Lostwithiel and would love to connect with other locals. Looking to build a shredder and need to get the parts machined – any idea where please?

Thanks

Rich

dedicated
16/02/2017 at 15:37

Hi everyone,
I’m Javier, a spanish young engineer who’s just starting out as a self employed design engineer / machines manufacturer, based in Reigate, Surrey.
I’m really keen into getting my hands on this project, I’m gathering people interested to lower the cost of manufacturing. So if anyone wants parts or complete machines, let me know!
See you all

starter
03/05/2017 at 19:15

yes please. I am looking into the potential for a part-grant funded STEM project to build a larger shredder – I am based in Sussex (ish).

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing ๐Ÿ’ช