We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Creating sandals from plastic for shoe-less kids

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pauline Bodin 3 days ago.

Andis Diaz andisdiaz24

Creating sandals from plastic for shoe-less kids

10/09/2019 at 16:21

Hi,
My name is Andis Diaz and i am the founder of RENU Waste Management in Orlando, FL. We are a startup company with a social purpose.

Our business model is to provide recycling services to multifamily units in Central Florida ( over 50% of the population lives in apartment complexes). However, we just do not want to send the collected recycling to a landfill not knowing what is going to happen with that plastic.

I would love to create some type of inexpensive sandal (flip flop) from plastic bottles to be deliver for those in need around the world. Currently there are over 300,000,000 of kids with no access to any type of shoes and over 1,000,000 of them die every year from preventable diseases caused by the lack of shoes.

We have our business model ready to launch but need some help with the design of the sandals and the equipment to make this dream a reality.

If someone has some ideas or access to this machine and how to make the sandals please let me know. I have until the end of October to present solutions to create this sandals . I really will appreciate your help on this.

Thanks!

Attachments:
2 replies
3 subscribers
0 saved
starter
11/09/2019 at 12:18

Hello Andiz,
I’m gabriel, a french young product design just graduated from an MA in London. I’m moving in Yaoundé, Cameroon next week, for two years, and I’m quite sensitive to your project ! I could be part of it ! 🙂
Where do you want to distribute your sandals ?
Maybe we can speak on FB or mail ? Curious to know more about your project !
Cheers,
best,
Gab

new
13/09/2019 at 21:33

Hi Andis,
I really like your project and I had a similar idea. I would love to talk with you on that subject!
How is your project going on?
B. Regards
Pauline

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪