We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

Degrading beach plastic

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MARCELO – BRAZIL 4 years ago.

Lala lana

Degrading beach plastic

19/04/2016 at 07:57

Is anyone using Dave’s machines with old degrading plastic that washes up on beaches? I’m wondering if the end recycled product are compromised by plastics that are trying to break down already (oxidising). I live in a really remote area of Australia which unfortunately has a ridiculous amount of plastic washing up on the shore from other countries. Is the best way for me to deal with this to shred the lot and then use the flotation method Dave put up for identifying plastics to sort the different materials?

2 replies
0 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes
new
03/06/2016 at 22:21

Hi, be interested to her any answers you get. I’ve done a lot of beach cleaning too-so many plastic bottles. I’d like to start up a small beach litter recycling business. And to be honest I am more keen to just shred the stuff and store it until I find the best possible use for it…even if storage in the long term is the best idea in itself!

helper
06/06/2016 at 17:57

@lala @m25roundabout

Of course if you use degraded plastics it will be weaker then other one, but you can develop some product that don’t need a lot of mechanical resistance, like toys or something.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪