We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

different Plastics

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  J Gi 1 year ago.

Lenny sketch

different Plastics

18/07/2018 at 14:59

What do you think about an App or an OnlineList where you could enter a word like: “Cd Case” and the result are: “PolyStyrene, Ps, 6, and maybe a Wiki link, melting-temperature, material-characteristics. Sorry for my bad english.

4 replies
1 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: different Plastics

warrior
18/07/2018 at 15:43

Nice idea.  However, some CD cases are made out of polypropylene (e.g. the flexible “clamshell” type).

Attachments:

helper
19/07/2018 at 00:37

It could be a very good idea ! I always search for whate type of plastic is it but I rarely find an answer (I’m probably a bad searcher too).

Have you got the qualities to make an app ? @sketch

But like Frogfall says, general things like cd cases, for exemple, are not always made in the same material.

new
24/07/2018 at 09:04

I think it is a good idea, however, it can’t be that general as just CD-cases. As frogfall states – cd cases are not all the same – therefore it would need to have subcategories to CD cases. I believe a Wiki site propably would be the best tool for such a solution (maybe in english as a general language to streamline). This way the community could constantly update it.

new
25/07/2018 at 14:24

It might require that you have a picture of each item (ie each type of cd case) along with a closeup of the embossing where it shows what kind of plastic it is.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪