We've just launched our map. Add yourself by clicking here!

close

DUCT TAPE

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pseudonymous 4 months ago.

Filip Birkner filopfinkner

DUCT TAPE

19/05/2019 at 20:26

dear Enthusiasts

I am currently studying and working in city of Amsterdam. while spending most of my evenings in backstage of the local theatres, I realised how much of a duct tape is used on floors during one ballet show for instance.

I started to collect this huge junks of tape and want to reuse them. recycle them into something useful. point out on this problem in public as not many of us are aware of the waste in this creative field.

I ve been thinking of creating probs for a theatre play, but also obsessed with an idea to bring plastic into a “paper” sheets, possible to print on and save some trees and water. same principle as a stone paper.

please let me know if you have a shredder near Amsterdam and willing to try to recycle some duct tape. flatten it up, or anything which might find a way how to treat this waterproof material. I ll be glad for any ideas and tips as well :––––––––––––––)

hope to hear from you soon
filip

Attachments:
2 replies
2 subscribers
0 saved
1 likes
sort on most likes

In reply to: DUCT TAPE

warrior
19/05/2019 at 20:35

Well you can always go for a record http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/largest-tape-ball …that should raise awareness. Especially if it becomes public art that everyone can add to.

In reply to: DUCT TAPE

warrior
19/05/2019 at 21:49

Hi, you do know ‘stone paper’ already uses plastic in the way you hope to achieve, right?

It’s ‘stone’ mixed with plastic, which actually recycles really well.

Biggest problem I think is going to be the glue.

I think it will really ‘fix’ the shredder…

Interesting project though….

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support our projects on Patreon so we can keep developing 💪